Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jan 2017, 1:17 am

I used MySpace & that was after MySpace started dying & I also used DarkStarlings but I quit both years ago.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Off Topic - saxgeek, your avatar made me miss Super Monkey Ball so much I that I ordered it from ebay. I hope my GameCube still works :D

Thanks. It's probably my favorite game for that console. I should also play Link's Awakening again. I haven't touched that game in a while.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 4:05 pm

Just facebook and forums. And I read blogs a lot, having to do with interests.

Twitter just seems to me like the world's largest banana peel - if I was on it, I'd quickly end up doing a Sherlock and alienating everyone I know. Anyways, it's such an unsatisfying platform - it's the social media equivalent of yelling insults across a crowded bar. I got a journalist to explain it to me once, because I couldn't figure out what was the point of it, and he said journalists use it to break stories, so that everyone knows who got the story first and that there will be an article coming along soon. Which makes sense, but most people aren't journalists.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 3:33 am

underwater wrote:
Twitter just seems to me like the world's largest banana peel - if I was on it, I'd quickly end up doing a Sherlock and alienating everyone I know.

i don't get it. :huh:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 4:13 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
underwater wrote:
Twitter just seems to me like the world's largest banana peel - if I was on it, I'd quickly end up doing a Sherlock and alienating everyone I know.

i don't get it. :huh:

Sorry, I am the opposite of a lot of the people here. I often have trouble expressing myself clearly, so I speak in metaphor a lot. Since I get a lot of literal pictures in my mind, this is endlessly entertaining. However, the opportunity for misunderstanding or just confusion is particularly big on this forum. I don't know how to not do it. I am not lost for words - in fact my head is always full of words, just never quite the ones I want.

Banana peel = opportunity for falling on your arse, i.e. making a fool of yourself, like Goofy

Doing a Sherlock: Sherlock is known and hated for his cutting remarks. I have that same ability to say things that are so cold and harsh. I don't mean it that way; but the subtext that I sometimes see people's weaknesses and and accept them anyway doesn't come through. A lot of people believe that if their weak spot is discovered nobody will love them, and persist in the illusion that since people like them, nobody knows. Since I'm not good with taboos, or even remembering who is feeling touchy about what, I offend people.

One thing I've learned by hanging around WP is that when you do have complex thoughts, it's often better to use a lot of words to say it. Short and sweet does not convey much meaning, then we are talking poetic interpretation.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 4:30 am

hey, i get confused looks here, more times than i can be bothered to count. it just sucks more energy out of me to explain them all in words than it is to use a short personal idiom. :)

i had assumed banana peel related to slipping and falling, "sherlock" lost me because i don't watch the show.

my head is full of words also, and stringing them together to form coherent sentences is sometimes very difficult.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:27 pm

In order from most frequently to least, Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 12:33 am

i remember my very first day of high school almost five and a half years ago, in my first class for the day (english).

our teacher made us create a twitter account for...something. can't imagine what.

it's probably still there, collecting dust digitally and metaphorically. i switched classes before i got a chance to use it once. i wonder if twitter just erases those accounts in such cases.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 5:34 am

saxgeek wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Off Topic - saxgeek, your avatar made me miss Super Monkey Ball so much I that I ordered it from ebay. I hope my GameCube still works :D

Thanks. It's probably my favorite game for that console. I should also play Link's Awakening again. I haven't touched that game in a while.

I should buy Link's Awaken DX. I have a Game Boy Player so I could play it on my Gamecube :D

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 12:33 am

links awakening is a wonderful game, it reminds me of times past. i have played the DX version, i haven't tried the original and i don't think i want to.

it's cool you have a gameboy player for gamecube. i think those are uncommon.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Feb 2017, 8:12 pm

I use Facebook and Twitter, mostly as a source of news.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 3:17 am

snapchat has been the source of an embarrassing amount of my news (or "news") as of late. :oops:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Katie0405
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2017, 7:50 pm

I have an FB account but don't really use it. Only when I need to reach people I can't reach via SMS or call. Other than that I have accounts on Twitter and IG but again, don't really use them. I open them like once a month.

wn8689
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2017, 4:43 pm

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Tumblr
my Youtube Channel and that is it

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 5:49 am

Only Wrong Planet, and I've just remembered about this again after a few months AWOL.
I occasionally sign up to queer forums, but never hang around.
I do intend to do the instagram thing, but as an artistic expression, because I like photography and am keen on getting better at it. There will be no "selfies," which anyone who ever sees it should be grateful for.
I had some vague notions of starting a travel blog, because I read a few awesome travel blogs, but I can't do that until I get my travel plans going for real.
What's the point of tumblr? I hear / read nothing but nasty things about that site.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 4:01 am

Mainly Facebook and Twitter: I am trying to grow my blogsite Onionfar.ms