Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:53 pm

Do people here buy iPhones or another kind of cellphone at Walmart or do you buy smartphones at Best Buy?

I want to buy a new iPhone now, but I'm saving my money.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 1:59 am

no word on walmart, i've only been there thrice in my whole life, but some people get their phones at best buy, yes. our nearest best buy has a display table with various models, first thing when you walk in the door.

my cell carrier is sprint. i've always just gotten my phones at their local store here, we sign a contract (three year usually) pay some fees up front and then pay a monthly fee until it's time to renew, or until the device has been paid off in full. we pay as a unit.

this is the way i understand it - i haven't paid a great deal of attention, honestly. :P

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

gilagiraffe
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Feb 2017, 5:09 pm

You can get iphones at Bestbuy as well as androids and other types of phones. You can also get unlocked phones there which is really good!

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 7:26 am

For phones, i'd go for bestbuy, they have a decent care and repair policy (trough the geeksquad), and when you need them, you'll kick yourself for going cheap with walmart

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 3:47 pm

I've had iPhones for years. Always bought them used either from someone else or off of a site like Swappa.

I never want the "cheap" model with the minimum amount of storage. My iPhone7 is top of the line because the massive memory forced Apple to use a faster processor. So, it works better than a version with less memory storage.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2017, 4:53 am

I would go with BestBuy over CrapMart but I buy phones from the company I have phone service with.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2017, 8:48 am

You don't have to get an iPhone check other brands and see what best meets your needs. I have a one plus 3t and the battery us great gets me through a full day 6am to 10pm with 30 percent left. Any other phone I've had I'd be charging at 2 in the afternoon.

There's a website called hotukdeals I use to get the best deals I check it like I do Facebook etc. Must be a similar site in the US

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2017, 9:48 pm

I might be getting a new phone soon, but I don't want iPhone 7, I need a phone with a headphone jack. I think it would be more wasted money if I buy a separate music player, I don't know. If you buy phones at Walmart, will It really be cheaply made? I brought 2 phones from Best Buy & one phone from Spint.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2017, 11:13 pm

I wonder how much you "spint" for the phones. :lol: Sorry, I just had to make a pun out of that typo.
Quality depends on the brand, not the place where you bought it.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 5:46 pm

nick007 wrote:
I would go with BestBuy over CrapMart but I buy phones from the company I have phone service with.

What's wrong with Walmart?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 6:45 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Take it from someone who bought an iPad from WalMart and worked support for Apple a few years ago, you're on your own purchasing from there. The clerks at WalMart know next to nothing. It's pretty bad when you know more about the product than the sales clerk.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Apr 2017, 6:46 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Take it from someone who bought an iPad from WalMart and worked support for Apple a few years ago, you're on your own purchasing from there. The clerks at WalMart know next to nothing. It's pretty bad when you know more about the product than the sales clerk.
This
WalMart keeps things like phones locked up & your lucky if you can find someone to get it for you. WalMart also doesn't have much selection of things like that. You get much better customer service at Best Buy & you can get protection plans if you want one.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2017, 10:49 am

i dont get why people prefer iphones in this day and age . high end android phones eg s8 one plus 3t etc are much better than an iphone will ever be

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 1:03 pm

accountinglad wrote:
i dont get why people prefer iphones in this day and age . high end android phones eg s8 one plus 3t etc are much better than an iphone will ever be

First off, I used to work for Apple, so I'm biased. Every Android I have ever had to recover from a Trojan or a lockup has given me fits on having to do a factory reset. Further, Android is the new Microsoft Windows: it is customized for that particular handset. Although you can add a Micro SD card (which is the major b***h I have with the iPhone/iPad), try convincing a client to install one of those cards. They'll raise all sorts of hell when their phone locks up, because the main logic board only has 8 GB of memory, which fills rather quickly, especially when the operating systems chews up half of that memory.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 10:21 pm

I just got an iPhone 7 a few weeks ago and I went directly to the carrier (a Verizon store). I think that if that is possible for you, that is what I would do.

I would recommend Best Buy over Walmart however when it comes to buying things like phones.The employees there in the mobile department typically have more experience with phones. This is just my opinion, however. I'm no expert.