I'm writing a Kerbal Space Program movie. I need animators.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

rocketman99
Butterfly
Butterfly

Location: Apartment A305, Astronaut Complex, Kerbal Space Center, Kerbin

11 Oct 2017, 9:24 pm

I am planning on making a Kerbal Space Program movie, but I can't use in game footage because with all the graphics enhancement mods, even my lightning-fast gaming PC lags like crazy. I have no experience with 3d animation software, and can't figure out how to rip game assets for animation. I'm looking for people who can model and animate using blender, maya, or other similar programs. Although be warned, the movie will be feature-length, and since I can't afford to pay 40 million dollars in salaries, the film could easily take 6 years or more to complete. Note: the game version used would be the canon universe as of version 1.2, but with cities and clouds and other more realistic things that aren't in the game.

blueghost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2017, 2:42 pm

I am a freelance animator and have experience working in AAA video games and movies.

I charge $40/hr. A six year contract at 8 hours a day at $40/hr is about $700,000.

If this works for you, I'll shoot you over a contract and start today.

If you can't afford that, there aren't many people that charge less than that.

You didn't expect anyone to work on your personal Kerbal vision for six years straight for free, did you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rocketman99
Butterfly
Butterfly

Location: Apartment A305, Astronaut Complex, Kerbal Space Center, Kerbin

19 Oct 2017, 10:17 pm

I can't come up with $115,000 a year, but maybe we could contact Squad about making a feature film. Who knows, if we could write a script good enough, we might be able to get an indie filmmaking company to produce it. Kind of an unrealistic wish, but hey, it could happen.

Could it?

Even possibly?