Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2009, 4:18 pm

Okay, so I have a bunch of movies I've purchased on iTunes prior to MacWorld '09, so I have a lot of DRM. I figure it's around 200 pounds worth of stuff, so, obviously, you can't really blame me for wanting to back it up.
I also only have 2 GBs of internal space. I already know I can play movies with it both on the internal HDD and the external, but can I when there's no evidence of it on the internal? Because I plan on re-installing OS X too.
If not, is there anyway to strip the DRM?
Thanks,
EMZ=]

CloudWalker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 12:47 pm

The DRM is in the file itself and iTune won't care where it's stored. However, each file can only be used on five computers. I havn't use OSX before so I'm not sure if a re-install would make iTune thinks it's not the same computer. The safe way is to de-authorize the files first and then re-authorize them after the re-install. Well, at least that's what to do for songs. I haven't bought any videos but they should work the same way.

On Windows, there are also programs that could strip the DRM once and for all. Not sure if there's any on mac though.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 1:06 pm

Can't you just redownload the content from iTunes, DRM-free?

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2009, 5:18 pm

Fixed it xD. iTunes was actually really tedious to work with, it kept on copying the copied files to the internal hdd which I'd just deleted them from! -.-
EMZ=]