Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 2:31 pm

‘The X-Files’ Will Return

Quote:
Fox announced late on Thursday that 10 more episodes of the show, about two F.B.I. agents who gravitate toward the unexplained, would air in the 2017-18 television season. Production is set to begin this summer.

Fox did not announce details of the show’s plot but said that its two stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who play the agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, would appear.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 3:39 pm

I should hope so! We were left with a cliffhanger last year, with the lead characters seemingly facing certain death!

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 2:29 pm

This would excite me more if the writers would stop wandering down what I consider a dead trail, re-set the show, and write it like it was when I fell in love with it- a sharp monster of the week series with Mulder as the believer and Scully as the doubter. I loved that it took wild outlandish stories that everybody points at in print and knows are hoaxes and showed the truth (which was pretty much always stranger). I loved how it made the unbelievable believable. I loved how it took real issues of the day and spun them. I liked Mulder's mysteriously missing sister. I didn't want that mystery solved. I wanted him not knowing what really happened to her (alien/human abduction or something worse that his mind blocked out) to drive him. I wanted it to give Scully one more thing to doubt.

I never wanted aliens to be directly involved in Mulder and Scully's life. Sure a broken watch, some bright lights, and a missing window of time can be fun, but lets leave it at that.

That's my two cents.

cartoon98
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2017, 10:42 am

I'm excited for this. :D However, it seems they're taking the lazy way out of that cliffhanger by having the new season start out two years later. At least that time jump ensures that we're probably going to see more monster of the weeks. Those are fun. But at the same time, if it feels rushed that's gonna suck...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 5:12 pm

cartoon98 wrote:
I'm excited for this. :D However, it seems they're taking the lazy way out of that cliffhanger by having the new season start out two years later. At least that time jump ensures that we're probably going to see more monster of the weeks. Those are fun. But at the same time, if it feels rushed that's gonna suck...

I dunno... Sometimes telling a story in flashbacks can be very effective, if done right.

cartoon98
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2017, 8:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cartoon98 wrote:

I dunno... Sometimes telling a story in flashbacks can be very effective, if done right.

That is true. But the way I heard it, it kinda implies there won't be flashbacks at all. It'll just start immediately with the aftermath

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 8:47 pm

cartoon98 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cartoon98 wrote:

That is true. But the way I heard it, it kinda implies there won't be flashbacks at all. It'll just start immediately with the aftermath

Hope it won't suck because of it.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 6:11 pm

Finally!! :D

However, as much as I love The X-Files, I hope this is the last time they come back, and that there is no cliff hanger. I guess I'm just worried that it will suck if it keeps going on and on.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 6:16 pm

Hmm. With 207 episodes and two movies, how many programs a week would I need to "watch it all" before next February?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)