Page 68 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 93  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:01 pm

Ooooh...now I remember. *sigh* Oh well. Clannad has more than enough tears in it. :P [Though I must confess that I've never actually watched Episode 16 and 22 of Clannad After Story/Season 2. I knew full well that if I did, I would never be the same.]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:05 pm

I don't really remember Melodies at all as a distinct series. I watched the two in sequence, but I don't even feel sure how much it continued the story of Memories, and how much involved new characters.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:06 pm

I'm reading the Kobato manga super fast online. It's fun seeing characters from other Clamp mangas. :)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:06 pm

On Clamp, I watched Card Captors as a kid as morning cartoons, then as a young adult watched Chobits, and when it came out Kobato. Memories are a little vague now, but I do remember liking Ioryogi, and I do think it has a somewhat sad bit towards the end, but not down right depressing.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:08 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I'm reading the Kobato manga super fast online. It's fun seeing characters from other Clamp mangas. :)

The anime also includes a small part of Wish, another great manga.

I can barely handle it when the ice cream melts right now, Brad.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:11 pm

I read the first volume of Wish and really liked it because of the angels. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

Awah! Kohaku and Kobato are so cuuute!! !
I'm done reading the manga, by the way. Now for the anime! [Tomorrow.]

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:07 pm

Will you virtually hold my hand while we watch the last bit in relative time flow?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:15 pm

Of course. [It's bedtime, so see you tomorrow! I'll tell you when I'm caught up, okay?]

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:16 pm

Nitey-nite

Kaybono88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2017, 8:28 pm

My all time favorite series is Genshiken. I think anyone who claims to be an otaku should see that show.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:36 pm

You have a good point. It does address fairly hardcore otaku, though. Not everyone has to go hardcore, nor does anyone alone get to define it.

Kaybono88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Sep 2017, 5:00 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
You have a good point. It does address fairly hardcore otaku, though. Not everyone has to go hardcore, nor does anyone alone get to define it.

Yeah back when Genshiken began, society in general still kept otaku culture at arms length. Gradually we've reached the point where it's almost universally accepted. When viewed through the lighthearted lens of today's connotation, it does seem pretty hardcore. But I love everything about that series. The manga finally finished last year which broke my heart. But if you look at the original series and compare it with the atmosphere of Nidaime, it's almost daylight and dark. I learned to love the new characters though.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 9:38 am

I haven't kept up with buying or reading the new manga. The new series blew me away. I've watched it twice, and I will certainly do so more times. Need to get the rest of the volumes soon.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 12:21 pm

I can't find the subbed version of Kobato online. :(

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 12:59 pm

You could get a free trial of Anime Network Online