Does anybody else watch specific episodes over and over?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ElmersTrueLove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2024, 11:08 am

Ever since I first watched it, which was also my official introduction to Elmer, I have loved The Stupid Cupid. And yes, I know this one sucks. I collect any books or DVDs that mention it (although I'm missing the third Platinum Collection and the Platinum Collection in general, it's very hard to find especially as Blu-Rays as a set) and I also have fanmade shirts, some pins on my itabag and plan on getting a plush of Elmer.

https://www.supercartoons.net/cartoon/the-stupid-cupid/ (yes this website is not considered piracy!)

If so, what's the show and which episode?

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 11:37 am

I can watch The Golden Girls and a lot of the same classic horror movies over and over again without getting bored. :)

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 5:05 pm

I have a few series i watch over and over again but not really specific episodes.

ElmersTrueLove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2024, 10:21 pm

Reminder that I do NOT like this Short in a creepy way.

The interesting thing is this Short is technically Lost Media. I hope I'm alive when the missing piece is found, unless it turns out to be a myth. It's kinda creepy to think why they would remove the scene.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ElmersTrueLove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2024, 6:30 pm

How do I delete this thread? I feel like people think wrong things about me now... :cry:

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 5:15 pm

What are you worried that people are thinking? Even if others don't do exactly what you do i think many of the people here can relate to doing things repetetively. There's a section of Robert Ballards book about his discovery of the Titanic wreck that I love reading over and over. There's are music videos that i get obsessed with and watch repeatedly. I just don't have it with TV episodes. Don't feel weird. We're all oddballs and obsessives here, from what I can see.

ElmersTrueLove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2024, 5:52 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
What are you worried that people are thinking? Even if others don't do exactly what you do i think many of the people here can relate to doing things repetetively. There's a section of Robert Ballards book about his discovery of the Titanic wreck that I love reading over and over. There's are music videos that i get obsessed with and watch repeatedly. I just don't have it with TV episodes. Don't feel weird. We're all oddballs and obsessives here, from what I can see.

Thanks

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Mar 2024, 7:10 am

I watch specific eps a lot because various networks keep showing the same few eps over & over instead of airing every ep in order & then starting the order over from the first ep.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2024, 7:22 am

Sameness can be a comfort to many people on the Autism spectrum. I used to have a special interest in early Disney hand drawn animation. I even though it might be a career. The alternative high school I went to did a lot of art and even had done an animation project the year I visited. Unfortunately the project wasn’t repeated while I was there. I think Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd are funny and the people who made the old hand drawn animation were very clever.
If you have a special interest in Elmer Fudd it is ok with me and I won’t make fun of you.

When I was younger I loved to draw.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 11:30 am

TL;DR: Individuals with autism may watch the same episode or movie repeatedly for sensory comfort, routine and predictability, exploration of special interests, better processing and understanding of content, and comfort in familiarity.

watching the same episode or movie over and over again. Here's why someone with an autism diagnosis might engage in this behavior:

1. Sensory Comfort: Familiar content can provide comfort by regulating sensory experiences.

2. Routine and Predictability: Repeated viewing helps maintain a sense of control and stability in their environment.

3. Special Interests: Individuals with autism often have intense interests and enjoy immersing themselves in familiar content.

4. Processing and Understanding: Repetition aids in comprehending storylines, characters, and social interactions portrayed in the content.

5. Comfort in Familiarity: The predictability of the plot and characters reduces anxiety and provides relaxation.

So, next time you see someone watching the same thing again, remember it might be serving a deeper purpose for them.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2024, 8:00 am

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
Ever since I first watched it, which was also my official introduction to Elmer, I have loved The Stupid Cupid. And yes, I know this one sucks. I collect any books or DVDs that mention it (although I'm missing the third Platinum Collection and the Platinum Collection in general, it's very hard to find especially as Blu-Rays as a set) and I also have fanmade shirts, some pins on my itabag and plan on getting a plush of Elmer.

https://www.supercartoons.net/cartoon/the-stupid-cupid/ (yes this website is not considered piracy!)

The Stupid Cupid is hysterical. I love when the cat shoots itself and its lives count by with three lives left. I thought the cat had used up three lives, but then I realized the cat only had six bullets. HA! Brilliant.
(I know death by suicide in not funny, but in this context, it is a cartoon. It is a sight gag and I found it funny.)
I also love Daffy's photo album.
I also found it funny that Cupid was shooting men and in a cringy way made advances on women, except for the dog and cat.

I have watched several movies, series, and episodes over and over.
The Aviator I've watched dozens of times and half of those were at the theater at the time of its released. However, there are two moments that always bugs me. The scene where "Odie" hits the strut on the biplane and the wing collapses. All I can see is the cut through the wing with a flexible covering so the wing will collapse. The other is an editing continuity error during a song at the Cocoanut Grove. Both are painful to watch every time.

Rurouni Kenshin (or Samurai X for some) was an Anime series I really enjoyed. My sons introduced it to me. I collected all the episode, as well as the the two mini series Trust and Betrayal and Reflection. I was obsessed with their stories and watched them every day. When the live action version of Kenshin was made (three films), I watched them on Netflix and bought the Blu-Rays as soon as they were available. I haven't lost my interests. The live action films were on my private wish list for over a decade. I always admired Kaoru and Kenshin's relationship. I also deep admiration for Mayo Suzukaze did Kenshin's voice for the 95 episodes, the 1997 film, and the two mini-series. I was in my mid to late forties at the time. I learned a VERY limited amount of Japanese with the goal of watching Kenshin without subtitles. That did not work out. I also collect(ed) Rurouni Kenshin figures.

I wasn't diagnosed being with autism till I was fifty-three (March 2013). It doesn't seem that long ago. I have watched Trust and Betrayal and Reflections so many times. I use to take the DVD to work and watch it on a second monitor while I wrote programs.

I'll leave it there, but I have seen The Stupid Cupid before, and I watched the link you provided.

ElmersTrueLove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2024, 11:21 am

pcgoblin wrote:
ElmersTrueLove wrote:

The Stupid Cupid is hysterical. I love when the cat shoots itself and its lives count by with three lives left. I thought the cat had used up three lives, but then I realized the cat only had six bullets. HA! Brilliant.
(I know death by suicide in not funny, but in this context, it is a cartoon. It is a sight gag and I found it funny.)
I also love Daffy's photo album.
I also found it funny that Cupid was shooting men and in a cringy way made advances on women, except for the dog and cat.

I have watched several movies, series, and episodes over and over.
The Aviator I've watched dozens of times and half of those were at the theater at the time of its released. However, there are two moments that always bugs me. The scene where "Odie" hits the strut on the biplane and the wing collapses. All I can see is the cut through the wing with a flexible covering so the wing will collapse. The other is an editing continuity error during a song at the Cocoanut Grove. Both are painful to watch every time.

Rurouni Kenshin (or Samurai X for some) was an Anime series I really enjoyed. My sons introduced it to me. I collected all the episode, as well as the the two mini series Trust and Betrayal and Reflection. I was obsessed with their stories and watched them every day. When the live action version of Kenshin was made (three films), I watched them on Netflix and bought the Blu-Rays as soon as they were available. I haven't lost my interests. The live action films were on my private wish list for over a decade. I always admired Kaoru and Kenshin's relationship. I also deep admiration for Mayo Suzukaze did Kenshin's voice for the 95 episodes, the 1997 film, and the two mini-series. I was in my mid to late forties at the time. I learned a VERY limited amount of Japanese with the goal of watching Kenshin without subtitles. That did not work out. I also collect(ed) Rurouni Kenshin figures.

I wasn't diagnosed being with autism till I was fifty-three (March 2013). It doesn't seem that long ago. I have watched Trust and Betrayal and Reflections so many times. I use to take the DVD to work and watch it on a second monitor while I wrote programs.

I'll leave it there, but I have seen The Stupid Cupid before, and I watched the link you provided.

Thanks for understanding

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 3:53 pm

There are several Elmer Fudd shorts that are considered classics and are worth watching for any Elmer Fudd fan:

"What's Opera, Doc?" (1957): This is often regarded as one of the greatest animated shorts of all time. It features Elmer Fudd as a Viking warrior, hunting Bugs Bunny in a Wagnerian opera setting. The animation, music, and humor make it a must-watch.

"Rabbit Fire" (1951): In this cartoon, Elmer Fudd is engaged in a classic "duck season, rabbit season" argument with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. The witty banter and comedic timing between the characters make it a fan favorite.

"Rabbit Seasoning" (1952): This is another installment in the "duck season, rabbit season" trilogy, with Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny, and Daffy Duck. It's known for its clever wordplay and hilarious gags."Hare Tonic" (1945): In this short, Elmer Fudd tries to catch Bugs Bunny using a variety of tactics, including pretending to be a doctor. The comedic situations and interactions between the characters are highly entertaining.

"Elmer's Candid Camera" (1940): This is Elmer Fudd's debut cartoon, where he tries to take pictures of wildlife but encounters humorous mishaps along the way. It's a great introduction to the character and his early adventures.

"Little Red Walking Hood" is a cartoon short featuring a prototype of Elmer Fudd. It was released in 1937 and directed by Tex Avery. In this cartoon, the character that would later become Elmer Fudd appears as a prototype, with a similar appearance and voice pattern. The story is a parody of Little Red Riding Hood, with humorous twists and interactions typical of early Looney Tunes cartoons. It's an important piece of animation history, showcasing the early development of characters like Elmer Fudd within the Warner Bros. animation universe.

These shorts showcase the best of Elmer Fudd's interactions with Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and other characters, making them enjoyable for fans of classic animation and Looney Tunes humor.

ElmersTrueLove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Today, 10:16 am

Fenn wrote:
There are several Elmer Fudd shorts that are considered classics and are worth watching for any Elmer Fudd fan:

"What's Opera, Doc?" (1957): This is often regarded as one of the greatest animated shorts of all time. It features Elmer Fudd as a Viking warrior, hunting Bugs Bunny in a Wagnerian opera setting. The animation, music, and humor make it a must-watch.

"Rabbit Fire" (1951): In this cartoon, Elmer Fudd is engaged in a classic "duck season, rabbit season" argument with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. The witty banter and comedic timing between the characters make it a fan favorite.

"Rabbit Seasoning" (1952): This is another installment in the "duck season, rabbit season" trilogy, with Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny, and Daffy Duck. It's known for its clever wordplay and hilarious gags."Hare Tonic" (1945): In this short, Elmer Fudd tries to catch Bugs Bunny using a variety of tactics, including pretending to be a doctor. The comedic situations and interactions between the characters are highly entertaining.

"Elmer's Candid Camera" (1940): This is Elmer Fudd's debut cartoon, where he tries to take pictures of wildlife but encounters humorous mishaps along the way. It's a great introduction to the character and his early adventures.

"Little Red Walking Hood" is a cartoon short featuring a prototype of Elmer Fudd. It was released in 1937 and directed by Tex Avery. In this cartoon, the character that would later become Elmer Fudd appears as a prototype, with a similar appearance and voice pattern. The story is a parody of Little Red Riding Hood, with humorous twists and interactions typical of early Looney Tunes cartoons. It's an important piece of animation history, showcasing the early development of characters like Elmer Fudd within the Warner Bros. animation universe.

These shorts showcase the best of Elmer Fudd's interactions with Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and other characters, making them enjoyable for fans of classic animation and Looney Tunes humor.

I hate Rabbit Seasoning because I'm very against the Bugs X Elmer Shipping, so that one scene makes me uncomfortable. The Bugsmer part of What's Opera Doc? also makes me uncomfortable.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+