Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 5:13 pm

Anyone else a Fringe fan and watched the finale? I was pretty satisfied with it, I thought they gave good closure to a lot of the characters, along with a couple of tear-jerker scenes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 7:36 pm

I personally liked it quite a bit. Though as my wife and I are big Fringe fans, we already miss the show. And I was sorry to see September - or Donald - die, after obtaining humanity and a chance to be with his son. But at least we got to see Windmark get squashed.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 1:35 am

I don't feel they fully explored the ramifications of the plot they went with to stop the invasion. Basically the ending with Peter and Olivia in the field with their daughter, yeah, that wouldn't happen. Much of the first three seasons happened solely because of September's interference, and he would no longer exist given their plan to stop Observers from ever being created. Sad thing is I actually thought they took that into account when Walter was talking about having to lose Peter for their plan to work. I thought it was a callback to when Peter was sick as a child and died and the timeline would revert to that still being the case.

So yeah, large chunks of the shows mythology would be entirely rewritten based on their plan to stop the invasion, but of course they aren't going to end a show with that, they will give it the happy ending.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 12:56 pm

Honestly I'm still a little confused about all the various timelines, even disregarding what happened in the finale. It was never a show that I would rewatch all the episodes over and over and so not being able to recall every single detail, keeping track of all that was difficult and I eventually just gave up and went along for the ride.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 1:45 pm

Part of the problem was Season 4 basically ignoring the first three seasons and never resolving itself and return to the original timeline. The whole point of seeing another timeline should have been used for some sort of character development before returning Peter to the original story, and it never happened.

And the story of the first three seasons revolving around the conflict between Universe A and Universe B becomes nothing. Alternate Universe A and Alternate Universe B do some stuff in Season 4 and then the concept is dropped in favor of an invasion from the future and a very brief trip to Future Alternate Universe B in the second to last episode.