ASSUMED MOVIE, TV AND CARTOON CHARACTERS W/ ASPERGERS

Page 4 of 43 [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 43  Next

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2007, 8:04 pm

Thought just popped into my head.

Perhaps Emily Dickinson?
The poet?

I know she's not a TV, movie, or cartoon character, but her hermetism(sp?) seems very aspie-ish.

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Mar 2007, 7:50 pm

dontwanttoknow wrote:
I agree on Gil Grissom from "CSI" and possibly Sara Sidle and David Hodges as well. Hodges may just be an ass-kisser though, but people don't like him very well and he's always talking about stuff that people don't want to listen to.

Also what about Adam Ross from "CSI: NY"? He seems kind of awkward and is always going on and on about things, even though they are things pertaining to his job. But it seems to be all he can talk about.

Also, Deputy Sacks from "Veronica Mars"...I just thought this in the last episode.
1. He didn't know when the snarky Sheriff Lamb was kidding. Sheriff Lamb was always making smartass crscks so you'd think Sacks would know unless he was an Aspie and couldn't read facial expressions/body language.
2. When Sheriff Lamb was beaten up, Sacks just froze and couldn't do anything, not even call 911. Keith Mars had to tell him to call. I've heard some people say this is an autistic trait, though I'm sure that some NT's might freeze in that situation as well. But some people with AS seem to think that only Aspies have these traits, so I don't know.

Also, what about Robert Goren from "Law and Order: Criminal Intent"?

Sara Sidle seems more like a bipolar with "Adult Child" issues than an Autie or Aspie.

skar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2007, 7:06 pm

1. How about Jack Bauer? I know, the aspie face of 24 is Chloe, but Jack shows some signs too
- expert in narrow areas (torturing/terrorists/kicking ass)
- always honest and logical
- always seems out of place in social situations
Then again, he's been through so much sh*t no wonder he's weird, and the show doesn't concentrate on his social life

2. Dexter, the serial killer from the show Dexter
Another stretch, but I could always relate to his social/emotional blindness. His obsession is blood and death, he learned social stuff pretty much by pure training.

3. Jerry "Hands" Espenson, from the show Boston legal
He's diagnosed with Apsergers. Great recurring character. His symptoms seem exaggerated, but still spot on.

skar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2007, 7:12 pm

About Doctor House and aspergers:

"Wilson talks to Cuddy to try and resolve the problem with the carpet, "I'm going to read you something. 'Asperger's syndrome is a mild and rare form of autism. It is typically characterized by difficulty establishing friendships and playing with peers, trouble accepting conventional social rules, and they dislike any change in setting or routine'... or broadloom. Doesn't say that last part but you get my point.

Cuddy isn't buying it, "House doesn't have Asperger's, diagnosis is much simpler; he's a jerk."

"Why do you think he took this case? Because he believes these parents? Because he wants to help a young boy? He sees himself in this kid and he's trying to help himself. He doesn't want this, he needs it."

Later Wilson tells House, "You're not autistic; you don't even have Asperger's. You wish you did, it would exempt you from the rules, give you freedom, absolve you of responsibility, let you date 17-yr-olds. But most important it would mean that you're not just a jerk."

House wants Wilson to shut up, "At what point does a person endlessly lecturing someone make him a jerk?"

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 10:51 pm

skar wrote:

"Wilson talks to Cuddy to try and resolve the problem with the carpet, "I'm going to read you something. 'Asperger's syndrome is a mild and rare form of autism. It is typically characterized by difficulty establishing friendships and playing with peers, trouble accepting conventional social rules, and they dislike any change in setting or routine'... or broadloom. Doesn't say that last part but you get my point.

Cuddy isn't buying it, "House doesn't have Asperger's, diagnosis is much simpler; he's a jerk."

"Why do you think he took this case? Because he believes these parents? Because he wants to help a young boy? He sees himself in this kid and he's trying to help himself. He doesn't want this, he needs it."

Later Wilson tells House, "You're not autistic; you don't even have Asperger's. You wish you did, it would exempt you from the rules, give you freedom, absolve you of responsibility, let you date 17-yr-olds. But most important it would mean that you're not just a jerk."

House wants Wilson to shut up, "At what point does a person endlessly lecturing someone make him a jerk?"

"Lines in the Sand" is one of my favorite episodes, mostly because it made people think that maybe House WASN'T just a jerk...

I would say House has AS, but the show didn't really resolve the debate, merely provided some "official" credence to both sides of the argument. I tend to go with yes, House does have AS and Wilson was just doing that silly "friend" thing where you joke around with an issue because you don't want to address it. I think that is something called subtext, but I could be wrong. House has something to say about that, too, when he's on his date with Cameron.

"I don't know how to have casual conversation. You think you're talking about one thing, and either you are and it's incredibly boring, or you're not because it's subtext and you need a decoder ring."

Not quite sure I agree with Jack Bauer, though.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 10:58 pm

dexkaden wrote:
skar wrote:

"Lines in the Sand" is one of my favorite episodes, mostly because it made people think that maybe House WASN'T just a jerk...

I would say House has AS, but the show didn't really resolve the debate, merely provided some "official" credence to both sides of the argument. I tend to go with yes, House does have AS and Wilson was just doing that silly "friend" thing where you joke around with an issue because you don't want to address it. I think that is something called subtext, but I could be wrong. House has something to say about that, too, when he's on his date with Cameron.

"I don't know how to have casual conversation. You think you're talking about one thing, and either you are and it's incredibly boring, or you're not because it's subtext and you need a decoder ring."

Not quite sure I agree with Jack Bauer, though.

good picking up on the date with cameron...i didn't even remember that part!

asperger's would be a solid diagnosis...maybe wilson said he doesn't have it just to try and see if he could snap house out of how he acts and feeling justified in the way he acts?

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 11:12 pm

skafather84 wrote:

good picking up on the date with cameron...i didn't even remember that part!

asperger's would be a solid diagnosis...maybe wilson said he doesn't have it just to try and see if he could snap house out of how he acts and feeling justified in the way he acts?

Yeah, let's see, I think that was Season One, Episode 20...right after Vogler the Evil tried to get House fired for not bending to the will of Vogler's $100,000,000. Good on the hospital for kicking him out! Jerk. I think it was called "Love Hurts. Actually, it was. [House Fan](I have the official site bookmarked.) [/House Fan]

That's when I first made my unofficial diagnosis for House. That is EXACTLY how I feel, and he said it almost EXACTLY the same way I tried to describe it to someone who got upset at me for "not being interested" in small talk. It is a great line.

I agree with you---Wilson was just saying that he didn't agree with his diagnosis because he DID agree with his diagnosis. You know, NTs are crazy nutcases that can't EVER say what they mean....always have to talk in code. :roll:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 11:20 pm

yeah...they're generally a weird bunch.

skar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2007, 1:01 am

skafather84 & dexkaden: you're totally right
Wilson is a cancer-doctor and Cuddy is a desk-doctor (more like a bureaucrat, I mean, not a doctor for desks) so what do they know about AS? :wink:

DaWill
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Mar 2007, 9:42 am

Cartman from South Park definently.
Maybe Clyde and Kenny.

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 11:05 am

DaWill wrote:
Cartman from South Park definently.
Maybe Clyde and Kenny.

What makes you think that?

kittypad
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2007, 5:47 pm

Oooooohhhh noone could convince me House isn't in the club. :lol: My mom pointed the series out to me, saying look that's just as jerk as you are... Sweet momma ain't she? :lol: My fav show anyway.

I wanna add Keanu Reeves but he isn't a character, he is an actor. :lol: I will be back as soon as I have ideas though. :P

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 6:01 pm

kittypad wrote:
Oooooohhhh noone could convince me House isn't in the club. :lol: My mom pointed the series out to me, saying look that's just as jerk as you are... Sweet momma ain't she? :lol: My fav show anyway.

I wanna add Keanu Reeves but he isn't a character, he is an actor. :lol: I will be back as soon as I have ideas though. :P

are you sure it isn't just that keanu reeves just smokes too much pot?

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 6:04 pm

He's just a bad actor, as far as I can tell. :lol:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 6:11 pm

ah...maybe.

would explain why he played ted instead of bill.

skar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Mar 2007, 6:27 pm

Poor Keeanu gets so much bad rep, dont know why but people love to hate him :)
His roles dont call for any hyperactive kind of acting, he's no Jack Nicholson allright, but the wooden style is understandable.

My point is, dont diss Neo 8) he knows kungfu