ASSUMED MOVIE, TV AND CARTOON CHARACTERS W/ ASPERGERS

Page 42 of 43 [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Crearan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2014, 11:35 am

Anyone mentioned The Matrix's Agent Smith yet? I used to identify hard with the Agents (yes, that probably should have told me something about myself) back when I was in Matrix fandom. Smith gets a taste of humanity--autonomy, emotions, etc.--and instead of handling it in a 'reasonable,' social way, decides to explore individuality by making everyone else *him* and taking complete control of his environment. Talk about being unable to understand/accept that others think differently...

Of course, he's also a totally fictional non-human character, so I'd never say he 'had' ASD. More I'd say it's easier to project oneself into the character, for me, than into many other characters. (I know my on-the-spectrum father loves Walter on Fringe, and has also hooked on to watching Person of Interest recently, and boy am I guessing I know why.)

Hooraydiation
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jan 2014, 12:00 pm

Radio Raheem from Do The Right Thing.

He was soft spoken, seemed to have difficulty relating to others, and had an unusual attachment to his boom box that might be an indicator.

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2014, 2:46 pm

Theodore from the movie Her since he had some emotion issues. I can relate with him in so much ways I cried at one point because of how lonely he was in life and the only one he had was an OS. Can't stop feeling sorry for him.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 2:44 pm

Forrest Gump nearly certain. He is slightly socially awkward, is very nice and soft-spoken, and he took quite a few things that other people told him literally.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 9:56 pm

I'm sure Sherlock (BBC) has been mentioned, but I find him fascinating! He seems to not have face blindness though, and picks up on details that I would definitely miss. I haven't really analyzed whether he picks up on social cues – I need to watch for that! I love when he's oblivious to common-sense NT sort of things, and Watson has to point out the obvious :lol:

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 5:31 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4AEBiyn8Rs[/youtube]

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 9:19 am

Ashariel wrote:
I'm sure Sherlock (BBC) has been mentioned, but I find him fascinating! He seems to not have face blindness though, and picks up on details that I would definitely miss. I haven't really analyzed whether he picks up on social cues – I need to watch for that! I love when he's oblivious to common-sense NT sort of things, and Watson has to point out the obvious :lol:

YES.
Sherlock is definitely an aspie. Usage of "high-functioning" along with sociopath suggests that he knows that he's (more or less) autistic, but thought the term "sociopath" was..."cooler"?
He's not a sociopath. That I am sure. In Series 1 and 2 he's already proven himself to be far more caring than a real sociopath and Series 3 essentially overthrows his own sociopath theory by (blatantly) declaring his...loyalty and...love for John Watson. There are quite a few excellent metas on this subject, I would suggest anyone who's interested to checkout wellingtongoose's theories and analyses on tumblr. (Though wellingtongoose also is against the idea of Sherlock having AS...but that's for another day...)
After all, most usages of "high-functioning" point to ASDs or developmental disorders, do they not?
Oh and prosopagnosia isn't required for an ASD diagnosis. Sherlock also TOTALLY didn't pick up on Molly's social clues on her crush on Sherlock. That is, until [SPOILERS ALERT] the unfortunate Christmas Party when Sherlock deduced that Molly was in love...then discovered that the object of her affection was none other than himself.

Oh, I should probably stop here.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 9:35 am

ExoticCritter wrote:
Almost every version of Sherlock Holmes appears to be an aspie even though I've never seen a book/t-v show/movie where it actually says he is one. It's widely accepted he is one.

In Sherlock (BBC) Series 2 Episode 2: The Hounds of Baskerville, John briefly mentions Sherlock as Aspie in the following dialogue when he and Lestrade are standing outside Cross Keys Bar
DI Lestrade: "I suppose he like having all the faces back together. It appeals to his...?"
John: "...Aspergers...?"
(THoB, 00:56:47)

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 7:09 am

Arthur "Spud" Spudinski from American Dragon: Jake Long might be on the spectrum. He has the appearance and attitude of a "skater boy", but he has been shown to have hidden depths. In the season one episode "Act 4, Scene 15", Spud revealed that he knew every Shakespearean play by heart. In "A Befuddled Mind", an episode from season two, he answered a multiple choice question with his eyes closed because he'd been focusing on the pattern of the answers to these tests for several years.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 10:39 am

Stannis Baratheon.

-Unconventional sense of humour that is often puzzling to others.
-Monotone
-Pedantic
-Preoccupied with justice and propriety
-Often fixates on those who have treated him unfairly.
-Has difficulty showing affection to those close to him (Although, to be fair, his wife is a crazy fanatic).
-Bad at cultivating allies through diplomacy.
-Basically has one friend.
-Shows uncommon talent in one area; namely war strategy.

muppetfan05
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Dec 2017, 10:03 pm

i think obviously boober fraggle because i have it and i can relate so much to boober. for once, the whole episode of boober rock was based on him finding a nice quiet place to relax. also he has an alter ego named sidebottom and he complains all the time that sidebottom is too much fun and i can't stand sidebottom either. also, my aunt says that i like the muppets because jim henson was an aspie and i am connected to him. also, the creator of pokemon had autism too and there was a girl on my homeschool class and she had several pokemon stuffed animals.
here are some characters that i also think have autism:
.ferb (phineas and ferb)
.ralph wiggum (simpsons)
.lisa simpson (simpsons)

AspieAlphys28
Raven
Raven

05 Dec 2017, 10:38 am

i feel like I probably commented on this thread a long time ago, but why not go again?

-Dustin from Stranger Things
-Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle from MLP
-Ash Ketchum from Pokémon (since Satoshi Tajiri, creator of Pokémon and namesake of Japan's version of Ash is an aspie, this is a totally plausible theory)
-Dr. Alphys and Papyrus from Undertale
-George Beard and Harold Hutchins from Captain Underpants (they have confirmed ADHD)
-Sarah from Sarah & Duck (yeah, it's a preschool show I know >.>)
-Big Bird from Sesame Street (Julia is worth mentioning as well of course)

my list could go on forever, but I'll end it here!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

░█▀▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀█
░█░░░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀░░░█
░░▀▄░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▄▀
░░░░▌░▄▄░░░▄▄░▐▀▀
░░░▐░░█▄░░░▄█░░▌▄▄▀▀▀▀█
░░░▌▄▄▀▀░▄░▀▀▄▄▐░░░░░░█
▄▀▀▐▀▀░▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀▌▄▄▄░░░█
█░░░▀▄░█░░░█░▄▀░░░░█▀▀▀
░▀▄░░▀░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▄█▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░▀▄
░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█░░█░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█▄█░░▄▀
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄█▀

Romansky123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Dec 2017, 6:32 pm

Jonathan Byers from stranger things he,s extremely passionate about photography seems to have difficulty commicating is a shy and introverted outsider misunderstood and prefers to watch people rather than interact with them

happilyirrelevant
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2017, 4:43 pm

Eeee I love listing my headcanons!

-Barclay from Star Trek
-Data from Star Trek is an android and thus can't technically have autism I know but I like to think that Soong had autism and based Data's brain at least partly off his own and so Data's kinda autistic too
-Julian Bashir from Star Trek
-L from Death Note. The first episode I watched with him, it's like my brain lit up with joy because I related so much!
-Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter
-Ben Wyatt and Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec
-Dwight Schrute from The Office
-Twilight from My Little Pony
-Jessica from the movie Prancer
-Rapunzel from Tangled, yeah I know a lot could be explained by her lack of socialization but I like to think of her as autistic anyway :)
And lots, lots more who I can't think of at the moment. :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 8:33 pm

From Scorpion
---------------------
Walter O'Brien
Sylvester Dodd
Ralph Dineen
Happy Quinn

Maxwell Smart from the 1960's TV program "Get Smart"

"Wolfgang the German soldier" from the late 60's early 70's comedy TV show "Rowen and Martins Laugh-In". Repetitive behaviors, he was always saying "Veerrrry interesting" and wearing the same clothes.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2018, 2:18 pm

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid:-
Greg, Rowley and Fregly remind me of Aspies with different personalities and skills from one another. While they may not be stereotypical Aspies, they still remind me of Aspies. Maybe Greg is borderline, but Rowley and Fregly seem most definite Aspies.

Outnumbered:-
The youngest child in the Brockman family, Karen Brockman so badly reminds me of an Aspie. She is often excluded from her peers, and as she gets older she finds it more hard to fit in, despite how chatty she is to adults. She is intelligent, also anxious, and views life differently than most others her age.