Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 12:30 pm

I remember when I was in elementary school, I used to watch the entire Toonami block. That's how I met Mariemaia from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz.
My jaw dropped. How cute... Sometimes, she'd appear in my thoughts, most of them fleeting. Then, recently, I found out something her that shocked me: she's seven years-old. I'm sixteen.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOgv-UuTgac[/youtube]

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 12:56 pm

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

I find that ages in anime and JRPGs are heavily skewed towards the younger. Yoko from Gurren Lagann looks like she's in her early twenties, but she's meant to be 14. I generally just ignore supposed ages and just go by how a character looks and behaves.

Poppycocteau
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jul 2010, 2:45 pm

. . . What is the large picture of the man saying 'Nice to see you' supposed to suggest? ^

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 3:20 pm

Between the ages of 16 and 18, I had a huge crush on Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood. I'm not sure exactly why, but to me, he was the sexiest anime character ever created.

Here's what he looks like:

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 5:51 pm

Poppycocteau wrote:
. . . What is the large picture of the man saying 'Nice to see you' supposed to suggest? ^

It's Chris Hansen from Dateline: To Catch a Predator.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 6:05 pm

So you say you dident know she was 7?

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 6:17 pm

Leekduck wrote:

Yes.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 6:18 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
Leekduck wrote:

Yes.

thats not what the transcript says

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 6:55 pm

Leekduck wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:
Leekduck wrote:

Yes.

thats not what the transcript says

Cut the bullcrap, alright?

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 7:23 pm

KaiG wrote:
Yoko from Gurren Lagann looks like she's in her early twenties, but she's meant to be 14.

8O but but.. her revoltech figure has giant rubbery...chest things... :oops: I watched a humorous review of it on youtube.
I don't want to post a link because I'm a coward and she's scantily clad so it is inappropriate. (Should I really have to say that about a character who is only 14?!)

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 9:21 pm

book_noodles wrote:
KaiG wrote:
Yoko from Gurren Lagann looks like she's in her early twenties, but she's meant to be 14.

8O but but.. her revoltech figure has giant rubbery...chest things... :oops: I watched a humorous review of it on youtube.
I don't want to post a link because I'm a coward and she's scantily clad so it is inappropriate. (Should I really have to say that about a character who is only 14?!)

No, because that's what I'm saying. She's clearly not 14, no matter what age they say she is.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 5:30 pm

KaiG wrote:
book_noodles wrote:
KaiG wrote:

No, because that's what I'm saying. She's clearly not 14, no matter what age they say she is.

I guess they use the figure of an ideal twenty-something year old and the age of a sophomore in high school for the sake of umm..ephebophiles or something.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 1:25 am

To get back to the topic, some of those characters are really just too beautiful to be ignored, aren't they? And they are pretty freaky-deaky about age, too. But yeah, there have been many that have... well, pleased the eye, I'm a married woman, here. :wink: But I still enjoy seeing Sesshomaru in action... Couldn't help admiring the fine draftsmanship used for Ed Elrich and Roy Mustang... And those boys in the Wallflower... well, that just ain't right. It makes you uncomfortable, doesn't it?

But yeah, the age thing... the first anime I remember seeing was the film of Galaxy Express 999. I was about 10 and I did not get what the deal was with Maetel. Was she his mother? Did she just look like her? Why on Earth (they were by then) did she kiss the adolescent boy at the end, right before she left? As a child of 10, I found that gruesomely fascinating. It was just so wrong! That would turn any kid's head.

Matthew Sweet was apparently so taken with an anime character that he put her in a music video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gQqR8x8dR4[/youtube]

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 2:11 am

irishwhistle wrote:
Roy Mustang...

Hm.. I like him. He's bad@ss.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 2:22 am

If I were to cosplay as someone, it'd be a toss up between Roy Mustang and Zuko.