Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 1:49 pm

I am trying to find the title of a movie from the early 2000s. It seems that a couple of people weren't allowed to travel beyond a certain barrier at the edge of the city or so. They finally did and found themselves in a utopian future, being welcomed there by an older gentleman.

Any idea as to this movie?

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Today, 1:58 pm

Only thing I can think of is Dark City. But not sure it matches all your criteria.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 2:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. Read the plot of Dark City on Wikipedia and that is not the one I saw. Sounds like a good movie and will have to check it out. Having a smart TV with with some streaming services (most of them free) has really opened up the world of entertainment!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 2:50 pm

Do you remember any details about the movie? On Earth? Were they children? Was it a couple of people for the whole movie or did one show-up later? How did they travel? Were there robots? Was their a war? What was life like in the city? Was the city underground?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:49 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
I am trying to find the title of a movie from the early 2000s. It seems that a couple of people weren't allowed to travel beyond a certain barrier at the edge of the city or so. They finally did and found themselves in a utopian future, being welcomed there by an older gentleman.

Any idea as to this movie?
You may be thinking of Logan's Run.

However, the "Utopia" was inside the dome, and outside was supposed to be a legendary place called "Sanctuary".

Logan's Run is a 1976 American science fiction action film directed by Michael Anderson and starring Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Richard Jordan, Roscoe Lee Browne, Farrah Fawcett, and Peter Ustinov.  The screenplay by David Zelag Goodman is based on the 1967 novel Logan's Run by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson.  It depicts a future society, on the surface a utopia, but soon revealed as a dystopia in which the population and the consumption of resources are maintained in equilibrium by killing everyone who reaches the age of 30.  The story follows the actions of Logan 5, a "Sandman" who has terminated others who have attempted to escape death and is now faced with termination himself.

Read the Complete and Unedited Article  HERE 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:01 pm

Aeon Flux? In Time? The Island? - There were a few movies in that period with similar premises, all taking massive 'inspiration' from the classic Logan's Run that Fnord suggested.

Any more detail you can provide will help.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 8:12 pm

It wasn't Logans run. It was on earth. It seemed they only arrived 100 years or so in the future. Wish I could remember more