Demand cartoon diversity: Cartoon Network

Page 3 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 6:49 am

I do miss the golden age of CN, when shows like Courage, EE'n'E and KND were aired. Now it's all strange and nonsensical stuff. I personally can't tell any of the new shows apart, all have a symplistic meme-like look.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 5:16 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
I do miss the golden age of CN, when shows like Courage, EE'n'E and KND were aired. Now it's all strange and nonsensical stuff. I personally can't tell any of the new shows apart, all have a symplistic meme-like look.

maybe the reason why cartoons are like that nowadays is because :

A. Spongebob made the whole "strange and nonsensical stuff" a cliche that cartoon will follow from this point on.

B. Internet memes are popular and they are desperately trying to generate as many memes as possible in hopes of getting free publicity.

-Thomas Jefferson

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2016, 10:35 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:

I wouldn't say that it's all nonsensical. Strange, yes, depending on which specific cartoons we're talking about, but most of them make sense pnce you figure what kind of rules apply in each cartoon. Besides, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd & Eddy, and KND all also got pretty strange at times anyways so I have no idea what point it was you were trying to make. Really, most cartoons on That channel have always been strange, whether it's actually Cartoon Network or [adult-swim]. Honestly, even with rose-tinted glasses I can remember that all the really cool and strange shows I liked were on Cartoon Network (Invader Zim and Ka-Blam! being the exceptions).

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 9:48 am

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

A. Spongebob made the whole "strange and nonsensical stuff" a cliche that cartoon will follow from this point on.

B. Internet memes are popular and they are desperately trying to generate as many memes as possible in hopes of getting free publicity.

Sorry, it's just that I don't care for SpongeBob (always found it "meh" compared to other Nicktoons of its time) or internet memes. :(

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 12:12 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Memes have a lifespan of about three weeks more or less while animation takes months to produce. I see a new episode of a show that tries and still uses memes that died off last week to years ago and I just can't look at it anymore. A show being that dated needs to die while it still has the smallest shred of dignity left.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Memes have a lifespan of about three weeks more or less while animation takes months to produce. I see a new episode of a show that tries and still uses memes that died off last week to years ago and I just can't look at it anymore. A show being that dated needs to die while it still has the smallest shred of dignity left.

Ya, case in point: Fairly oddparents, the characters did duck face and selfies in the new season premier. Good gosh that was painful to see.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm

For anyone that likes old Nickelodeon cartoons, watch the Splat. It's a block on Teennick that airs 90's-00's Nickelodeon shows late at night.

El_Arquero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2016, 3:30 pm

Another trend i've noticedabout modern cartoons.The incredibly cheap production.

-The annoying orange cartoon
-Breadwinners

What do they have in common: both made by youtube personalities.Which means dirt cheap by animation studios standards.

In fact, true story: when the creator of breadwinners got an email from Nickelodeon asking if he was interested to have his little cartoon on TV he thought it was a joke! :wink:

Now say what you want about Cartoon Network, but they're at least recovering from the disastrous era that was C.2006-2011.You could say adventure time is what saved the network from collapse.

Nickelodeon on the other hand...

Networks like CN and the Hub at least care for their diverse audience of various age. Nick on the other hand makes it clear they they do not care at all for viewers over the age of 12.They also have a history of screwing-over popular shows that were popular with a certain age demographic above the age of 12 (Invader Zim, The legend of Korra are prime examples).

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 5:50 pm

goofygoobers wrote:
For anyone that likes old Nickelodeon cartoons, watch the Splat. It's a block on Teennick that airs 90's-00's Nickelodeon shows late at night.

i watch it. thank you Nickelodeon!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:

I find CN's Boomerang channel to be WAY better since it's an entire channel about old CN cartoons (mostly Hanna Barbera cartoons like Scooby Doo)

-Thomas Jefferson

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 9:07 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Ya, case in point: Fairly oddparents, the characters did duck face and selfies in the new season premier. Good gosh that was painful to see.

I saw that and I was not impressed.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 10:12 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Simmian7 wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:

I find CN's Boomerang channel to be WAY better since it's an entire channel about old CN cartoons (mostly Hanna Barbera cartoons like Scooby Doo)

I haven't had Boomerang since I moved because it's in a cable package full of sports channels. :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Feb 2016, 11:16 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:

I watch it when they're not showing Hey Arnold or CatDog. My girlfriend bought me the DVD series of Rocko's Modern Life for Christmas & The Angry Beavers for my birthday so I don't watch those on The Splat & I DLed Rugrats & All Grown Up so I don't need to watch that either.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2016, 8:32 am

El_Arquero wrote:
Another trend i've noticedabout modern cartoons.The incredibly cheap production.

-The annoying orange cartoon
-Breadwinners

What do they have in common: both made by youtube personalities.Which means dirt cheap by animation studios standards.

In fact, true story: when the creator of breadwinners got an email from Nickelodeon asking if he was interested to have his little cartoon on TV he thought it was a joke! :wink:

Now say what you want about Cartoon Network, but they're at least recovering from the disastrous era that was C.2006-2011.You could say adventure time is what saved the network from collapse.

Nickelodeon on the other hand...

Networks like CN and the Hub at least care for their diverse audience of various age. Nick on the other hand makes it clear they they do not care at all for viewers over the age of 12.They also have a history of screwing-over popular shows that were popular with a certain age demographic above the age of 12 (Invader Zim, The legend of Korra are prime examples).
yeah, there's a reason I don't watch Nickelodeon anymore. Maybe if they show some of the pre-first movie episodes of Spongebob, but usually I avoid it. But honestly it seems Cartoon Network does the same with certain kinds of cartoons. Young Justice and Symbionic Titan were both canceled due to toy sales (not enough for the former, couldn't find a maker for the latter). Dreamworks' Dragons series pretty much ran off to Netflix. Even the last Ben 10 series, one of their cash cows, had been relegated to an early morning death slot towards the end of its run. I think the one in charge of the shows right now basically thinks that kids won't pay attention to either action shows, or shows that are longer than 11 minutes at a time. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:03 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

I saw that and I was not impressed.

To me, FoP died when Sparky arrived.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 4:05 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
To me, FoP died when Sparky arrived.

Nah, to me FoP died when Poof arrived. :(

-Thomas Jefferson