Demand cartoon diversity: Cartoon Network

Page 6 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 5:01 pm

Sometimes, I feel like the only aspie on here that actually likes Total Drama, but that's not to say that I didn't adore some of the older cartoons that were on there, as well.

At least CN only really airs Total Drama around the Summertime, because that way, viewers like me are able to look forward to it a lot more. It's more special to me, that way.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 7:48 pm

[quote="FluttercordAspie93"]Sometimes, I feel like the only aspie on here that actually likes Total Drama,

No your not..

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 7:09 pm

i love Total Drama.... i wish they would bring it back. and put TTG on hiatus, i'm sick of that show now.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Sep 2016, 8:03 pm

bring back Looney Toons :P

can't stand new animation!

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 12:17 pm

Jacoby wrote:

I'm not a fan of the "bean head" 2010's cartoon style that is really popular right now. Remember back during the 90's and early 2000's, when each Cartoon had its own artsyle and feel to it? Now its like you can take a character from a current show and put them in another current show and you'd never know the difference.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2016, 12:22 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I'm not a fan of the "bean head" 2010's cartoon style that is really popular right now. Remember back during the 90's and early 2000's, when each Cartoon had its own artsyle and feel to it? Now its like you can take a character from a current show and put them in another current show and you'd never know the difference.
I have to agree, for the most part. While there are still cartoons that have their own art style today, regardless of the target audience, almost every cartoon on CN looks the same. The ones that really stand out on CN due to the style are the ones the network likes to screw over.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 12:30 pm

Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I have to agree, for the most part. While there are still cartoons that have their own art style today, regardless of the target audience, almost every cartoon on CN looks the same. The ones that really stand out on CN due to the style are the ones the network likes to screw over.

For the record, I loathe the term "target audience".

That's what I said, CN cartoon's visual variety is lacking. I didn't say cartoons in general. :P Did I not make that clear enough? :|

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2016, 12:39 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

That's what I said, CN cartoon's visual variety is lacking. I didn't say cartoons in general. :P Did I not make that clear enough? :|
Well, considering that there are plenty of aspies on this site and some of us tend to be literal-minded occasionally, a little more clarity might have been needed. :?

One main problem with this visual monotony on Cartoon Network is that all the animators with unique visual styles have taken their shows and ideas over to other networks/companies. Not that I blame them.

Also, I probably should have said "intended audience" rather than "target audience".

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 1:27 pm

Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Well, considering that there are plenty of aspies on this site and some of us tend to be literal-minded occasionally, a little more clarity might have been needed. :?

One main problem with this visual monotony on Cartoon Network is that all the animators with unique visual styles have taken their shows and ideas over to other networks/companies. Not that I blame them.

Also, I probably should have said "intended audience" rather than "target audience".

Ok, well I promise I will be clearer with my wording for now on. :thumright:

It seems that Nickelodeon is getting a lot of visual variety lately, eve if one of their shows (PGBC) is vomit-inducing.

Ya, you probably should have said that.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

It seems that Nickelodeon is getting a lot of visual variety lately, eve if one of their shows (PGBC) is vomit-inducing.

Disney's current cartoons are the same way. Star Wars Rebels has a different style from Gravity Falls, which is different from Star vs The Forces of Evil, etc. I haven't watched any Nicktoons in ages since I feel that for the most part those have gone downhill in terms of writing. And all the ones I really liked kept getting screwed over. And while I had to look it up, PGBC does look like it's hard on the eyes and like it's a major gross-out show.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 3:20 pm

Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Disney's current cartoons are the same way. Star Wars Rebels has a different style from Gravity Falls, which is different from Star vs The Forces of Evil, etc. I haven't watched any Nicktoons in ages since I feel that for the most part those have gone downhill in terms of writing. And all the ones I really liked kept getting screwed over. And while I had to look it up, PGBC does look like it's hard on the eyes and like it's a major gross-out show.

Nicktoons have started to go downhill once Nick became over-reliant on SpongeBob. Gosh I hate that show.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2016, 3:26 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Nicktoons have started to go downhill once Nick became over-reliant on SpongeBob. Gosh I hate that show.

The first few seasons of Spongebob are alright, but the stuff after the first movie is just... no. Fairly OddParents used to be good, but I haven't watched much of that since the Wishology Trilogy specials. Mostly because I saw it as a good way of ending the series. Both of those shows just need to end already. The kids who watched those shows when they first came on are all grown up now anyways. And there's plenty of episodes of both for them to last ages in reruns.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 3:47 pm

Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Violetvee wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

The first few seasons of Spongebob are alright, but the stuff after the first movie is just... no. Fairly OddParents used to be good, but I haven't watched much of that since the Wishology Trilogy specials. Mostly because I saw it as a good way of ending the series. Both of those shows just need to end already. The kids who watched those shows when they first came on are all grown up now anyways. And there's plenty of episodes of both for them to last ages in reruns.

I never liked SpongeBob, even during the earlier seasons I found it unfunny. Every joke it tried had been done better by other shows. And the character's voice is ear-gratingly bad.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 11:43 am

I recently updated it again and got really horrified by their lineup now after not updating the Petition Status for 4 months. Check out the link in the first post, or in my signature. #DemandCartoonDiversity!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2016, 7:06 am

Simmian7 wrote:
I recently updated it again and got really horrified by their lineup now after not updating the Petition Status for 4 months. Check out the link in the first post, or in my signature. #DemandCartoonDiversity!

Oh good LORD. That schedule is insane. This is why I don't watch it anymore. I think Ms. Miller needs to be replaced soon. While there are some good shows that have been greenlit and added to the station because of her, it makes no difference if they are never on the schedule. And the way she's apparently having Pokémon and Nexo Knights treated makes it seem like the only reason either is shown at all is because of a contract that she can't back out of. It's ridiculous.

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2016, 8:52 am

I haven't watched Cartoon Network since I was a teenager, and I like classic Loony Tunes better than almost any of the modern era cartoon shows. Only show I can say I still have fond memories of is the Batman/Superman animated series, so I honestly couldn't care myself - I find most cartoons (including "adult" cartoons like Family Guy) juvenile now.

(For example I liked the Pokemon animated show a little bit when I was a kid, but watching it now I realize that it's pretty terrible and almost devoid of any plot or sense at all, so I honestly can't see anyone still liking it as an adult except for nostalgia).