Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 3:10 am

The "Tudors" thread got me thinking about other ludicrously ahistorical shows which somehow made history come alive for me.

Anyone else see this? As absurd and melodramatic as it was, it really did, at times, capture the dizzying grandiosity and grime, and crime that was Ancient Rome far more than more praised, staid, respectable shows did.

Plus it was funny and had lots of boobs

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 3:20 am

Blood, boobs and that messenger guy from 300. Ahistorical? Probably to a ludicrous degree. Entertaining? Oh yes.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 3:31 am

I loved the foul-mouthed formality of the fake Latin the characters would spout.

"Her transport? Do you shoot magic coins out of your ass? If so, squat and produce!"

or,
Beckons me to the city, only to spurn me like a thin wasted whore. Once again the gods spread the cheeks to ram cock in f*****g a**!