Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:21 pm

A analysis on how The Simpsons came from been a great show to... whatever it is now...

fifasy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Yesterday, 12:20 am

Interesting video that highlights what is and isn't funny quite well. Comedy isn't easy to write or produce.

Early Simpsons I would compare to Dumb and Dumber. What made that film funny was Lloyd and Harry don't know they're dumb.

Later Simpsons is more like The Mask. Trying hard to be clever but lacking sublety and too bizarre to really mean much.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 8:37 am

I watch the Simpsons weekly but only as a ritual now as it is a shell of its former self and has been since season 10. As the video said, they used to make fun of pop culture and very rarely used celebrities. The softball episode is my all time favorite mainly because it was a rare gag to use "real" well known people. Now, every episode is "Homer meets fad celebrity". Speaking of Homer, he was an idiot but he still had a good heart. Today, he is just an idiot and knows it. Lame.

I could go on all day but this series should have been put to bed a decade ago. Now it's just getting embarrassing.

Victor1985
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Yesterday, 2:53 pm

They just ran out of ideas. There was too much money in it it to pull the plug and let it die gracefully. I won't watch it anymore. Another one is south park, I watched a couple of episodes and its completely unfunny now. That's a curse of american TV shows they'll keep making series after they run out of ideas.