Real life celebrities who have or probably have Aspergers

Page 10 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

zakkman
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2011, 3:08 am

I still stand by the fact that Billy Corgan most likely has Asperger's, I have Asperger's and his life resembles mine very closely, and his music is the one thing that keeps me sane.

Frakkin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2011, 10:29 pm

Mayel wrote:
How about Jesse Eisenberg?

“I really, really struggled,” he says. “I would cry every day. I went nuts, ended up missing a whole year. I just can’t — I can’t exist in normal group situations. A classroom, where you have to sort of jockey for position, compete for attention — I would just withdraw. I literally didn’t know how to function.”
“Performing gives you a very clear set of directives,” he says. “You have this role that’s written out for you, the person you’re talking to has a role that’s written out for them and — at least as long as you’re on stage or the cameras are rolling — everything has this structure and this set of rules. You know your place. You don’t have to account for your own personality. And it creates this entirely fake social environment which can be very, very comforting.”

I can completely relate to him. Especially the structure and set of rules. I hate when I have no set rules or directions. He says it very well.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

Xenu wrote:
. . . Richard Nixon- Now he could have just been paranoid but for some reason he always kind of had an Aspie vibe to me watching videos of him and seeing him in interviews . . .

I saw Richard Reeves, author of President Nixon: Alone in the White House, give a talk on C-Span.

He said Dick Nixon had three major interests.
1)sports, which he seemed to know everything there was to know,
2) campaign management, and it seemed like he would be happy to manage every campaign in the country, both sides,
3) and getting even, which he seemed to think about a heck of a lot.

Reeves told one story in which U.S. Border Control or somebody was showing off a new person detecting device. Dick walked past it and it went off and he said, See, I'm human.

There was a handwritten note in which Dick watched "All in the Family" for the first time and he described it, Archie is a square, other characters seem to make fun of him. Is this common on TV? That is, he didn't seem to really get the show, at least not at first.

In a question and answer period, Reeves said, no, Dick Nixon was just wired up differently.
http://www.amazon.com/President-Nixon-A ... 127&sr=1-1 (the book)

Now, Reeves didn't say Nixon was Aspie, but it did get me thinking.

--> This is the very interesting part. This is the C-Span video I remember. (and with waiting and introductions, it starts about 11:00 into it)
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/167320-2

======================

Other people, who have lived more positive lives, and who were probably Aspie include:

Carl Sagan,
Jane Austen,
Bertrand Russell

Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2011, 6:50 am

I brought it up on another sub forum but Doctor Drew Pinsky says former NBA basketball player Dennis Rodman may have AS.

He hates making eye contact (so he wears sunglasses during some of his interviews).

He has meltdowns in games against referees.

Many of his Bulls teammates said he was monosyllabic and rarely spoke (shyness).

Speaking of shyness, he never got a date in HS and lost his V card to a prostitute at age 20.

Former Pistons teammate Joe Dumars talked about how hyperfocused Dennis was on defense and on the sole purpose of winning.

He is obsessed with defense and rebounding

He has a monotone voice.

But then...there are other symptoms of AS he doesn't fit also.

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Nov 2011, 10:15 pm

Everytime I think of famous aspies I always think of David Byrne, he said he was an aspie, and it is totally obvious. Talking Heads will never be recreated because the bass player claims that David Byrne is incapable of love. That is such a common aspie trait, not the trait of being unloving, but the trait of appearing unloving.

Abcrone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

Xenu wrote:
[quote=He does fit quite a few of the criteria. It is almost obviously well known Ted Bundy had aspergers.

I beg to differ, Ted Bundy exhibited more signs of NPD narcissistic personality disorder than Asperger's syndrome.