Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zachthomasprime
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2016, 10:47 pm

Hey! I don't exactly know how to start, so I guess I'll just get right to it. I've always known there was something different about me, and I couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing. I still don't even know. Paha. A part of me is really happy that I'm an Aspie, because it has given me so much personality and a different outlook on things. But at the same time, school has been extremely rough on me. Not so much in high school, but I'm currently in college....again. I dropped out last year because I couldn't handle it and I didn't know what was wrong with me. I'd always been relatively good at school, but college really took me by surprise. But I got it all together and came back this year, and have been doing decently well. The only bad part is that I haven't made a single friend. I feel like a social outcast and I'm not used to that, because in high school I was pretty popular believe it or not. But I have no support group here, and now that I found out I have Aspergers I'm probably going to feel way more self-conscious about things, which I already do pretty bad. Paha. I guess I'm just looking for some advice, support, encouragement, etc. Im not really sure. I just feel like I want to talk about it, but have no one to talk about it with. I hope to hear from some great people! Thanks for reading.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 10:50 pm

hi, zachthomasprime. welcome. have you joined any clubs or activities where you might meet someone with common interests? and by the way, what sort of things interest you?

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 7:35 am

Welcome! :)

zachthomasprime
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm

I'm interested in music, sports, movies, video games. I have a broad area of stuff that interests me, and I go to some events. But always by myself, and I never talk to anyone when I do go. I'm very socially awkward around people I don't know, so I'm not a big fan of meeting new people. I think thats why high school was so easy for me, cause I've been around those people my whole life and had a group of really close friends. But at college I have no one, and it gets really lonely. I just wish I had at least one friend to get me involved in things, but I can't find one for the life of me. I mean, I have friends in my classes, but none that want to hang out with me outside of class. Im a loner anyway, so I can surely survive like this, but I'd rather actually have friends. Paha.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 1:25 pm

you are going to have to get outside of your comfort zone and talk to a few people if you want to make a friend. i love music. do you sing or play any instruments?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 4:00 pm

Welcome to WP. Can you invite one of your friends from your classes to do something with you outside of class? Online is also a good place to meet people.

zachthomasprime
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2016, 4:03 pm

Thanks for the welcomes! And yes I play guitar, piano, and I sing. I've tried asking people to jam with me but they never get back to me about it.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 5:47 pm

Hey zachthomasprime welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 4:22 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)