What culture or country are any of you from?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

neptunekh
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2017, 12:22 am

I'm just curious.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2017, 12:46 am

I personally hail from a rural town in middle Tennessee, within the United States. So, in terms of culture, it's in the middle of the bible belt, and southern pride runs rampant.

However I personally fit in here about as much as a giraffe in the frozen tundra, and after college am definitely considering moving to another state, or perhaps even another county, that better reflects my social and political views.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 3:51 am

born in socal. raised in socal. live in socal. if all goes well, will GTFO as soon as humanly possible.

cost of living is unmanageable for the non affluent. as soon as santa barbara stopped being a town, and became a tourist attraction, it was over for the working class folk.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 5:24 am

I was born and live in Finland, in a small-ish town at the eastern end of the country. I couldn't find the heart to move out of this country. Much as I hate our cardboard-for-brains government and how expensive even the most basic necessities tend to be here, I love everything else we have and wouldn't leave it behind.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 9:58 am

NOVA culture, very liberal, lots of money, and a very high college rate. Most people work in DC and live here. We have great schools.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 1:51 pm

I am native to Portland, Oregon.

ilmreynir
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2017, 1:59 pm

Ignotum wrote:
I personally hail from a rural town in middle Tennessee, within the United States. So, in terms of culture, it's in the middle of the bible belt, and southern pride runs rampant.

However I personally fit in here about as much as a giraffe in the frozen tundra, and after college am definitely considering moving to another state, or perhaps even another county, that better reflects my social and political views.

Wow. Ditto to absolutely everything, except I'm not in TN (the state I'm in borders it, NC).

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 2:28 pm

I was born in a metropolitan city in the western part of Turkey. It's a historical and touristic city on the Aegean sea. I can say I grew up in Mediterranean culture. My mother's ancestors are from Crete so yeah we eat a lot of olive oil and and many different types of grass.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 2:24 am

I live an hour south of the most isolated city in the world - Perth, Western Australia.

It's ok here but I would like to live in a cooler climate.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 1:37 pm

Working class Ulster Catholic.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2017, 4:03 pm

From the US and Nigerian by descent

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 9:49 pm

I'm from the US, I live on the east coast :D My family is originally from the UK (specifically Ireland, Scotland, and Wales) and I also have a little bit of Italian in me on my dad's side :D

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 9:57 pm

Western New York State

MickeyT2008
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2017, 8:10 pm

I'm a British so called New Age Traveller, not that there's anything particularly new age about myself or the majority of us. I've been off the road stuck in a house that I hate whilst raising my daughter, but this summer she's moving back in with her mum and I'm hitting the road again, starting by returning to France and possibly never returning. Summer can't come soon enough, I've been stuck in this brick box for a decade. City life is obviously what most like but it's not for me, nor is having a letter box for postmen to shove bills through, I definitely won't miss those.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 9:25 pm

USA here. I live just outside of Houston, Texas.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2017, 1:45 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
born in socal. raised in socal. live in socal. if all goes well, will GTFO as soon as humanly possible.

cost of living is unmanageable for the non affluent. as soon as santa barbara stopped being a town, and became a tourist attraction, it was over for the working class folk.

I live in Santa Barbara too. I've been here 16 years, and it was never a "town" to begin with. It's always been a place for the rich idiots to live. This county doesn't give 2 craps about the people in it. 'Tis why it is a tourist attraction for longer than I've been alive, I'm sure. I hate living here, though. I'm going to leave it at some point, too.