Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ardlove45
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2017, 4:05 pm

Hi I’m new here!
Ever since I was about 13 (I’m 17 now) I’ve been wondering if I was miss diagnosed with ADHD. I say this because I was doing research on autism one day and I was reading about sensory overload and self stimulation (Stimming). I read some of the most common kind of stimming was hand flapping, jumping, rocking, and toe walking, which was a huge red flag for me because I do these things everyday. And I know that people with ASD tend to have special interests. Which I’ve i many throughout my childhood. I also talk to myself a lot because I don’t have any friends.
I’m also unsure if I have SPD, anxiety disorder, OCD, Epilepsy, Tourette’s Syndrome, or all three. I had my first seizure ever last week, no one knows expect me that it happened. I was laying in bed one day when I was video taping myself over an extended period of time to see if i was stimming or ticing or having a seizure. then about 5 minutes into film, my body all of a sudden got stiff, my heart started racing and I started hyperventilating, and then my eyes rolled back into the back of my head and blacked out the next thing I know I wake up and my body is all sweaty and then I get up and check to see if I was still fliming and it was. I watched the video back to see what had happened and I’m sure it was probably a seizure, the duration of it was 7 minutes.
Now on to Tourette’s during the same video I noticed that I get these random head jerks that make my entire body twitch. I also noticed for moments at a time my eyes would dilate and would roll to the back of my head and I would rapidly blink, I don’t know if this is a tic or an atypical absence seizure.
Also every night before I go to bed, I have to sit crisscrossed on my bed and rock and hand flap, I’ve done this every night for the past 10 years, I’ve never told anyone including my parents, I felt like it was normal to do it but at the same time I was embarrassed about doing it like it was Immature or childish. I still do it every night. I usually do this for about 20-30 minutes a night.
If someone could please message me or leave a comment, I want to talk to people because I’m lonely and don’t know what to do.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 49 of 200

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 4:28 pm

Welcome! :D It sounds like you could be autistic. What are your special interests?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 4:48 pm

It seems that you have a lot of knowledge about your possible autism behaviors and characteristics. Have you completed any self-reported screening tests?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ardlove45
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Sep 2017, 6:06 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
It seems that you have a lot of knowledge about your possible autism behaviors and characteristics. Have you completed any self-reported screening tests?

Yes I have! Just earlier today actually!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 173 of 200

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:01 am

Your Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Dyslexia and possible epilepsy would also be recognized as comorbids because they often occur with autism. This could affirm the idea of your autism in pursuing a diagnosis.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:55 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)