Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pets
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2017, 7:21 pm

First of all wanted to say hey, I've visited this website a few times and I wanted to take a real visit by signing up.

What is your first name?
Amanda.

Hobbies and Interests: Fishkeeping is my main interest, I have several fish tanks. Makeup art and skincare also.

Why are you here? Well, I'm far from neurotypical ;)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): earlier this year I was "diagnosed". I put it in quotes because it didn't come from a neuropsychologist or anything--I wrote down a list of symptoms after some soul-searching and I happened to bring it up to my aspie friend. She said "y'know, I experience those too--and they're all symptoms of Aspergers." After a lot of discussion and research between my family, my closest friend and myself, as well as the help of my regular and my new occupational therapist, we found a name for everything I've been experiencing since early childhood--autism.

Favorite subjects: what, like in school? I suppose I enjoyed chemistry and literature when I was in school.

Year/Grade: past school ;)

Favorite music: pop and alternative/indie. I'm an enigma.

Books: anything Anne Rice.

TV shows/Movies: GoT and Fringe. Not a big movie watcher, just don't have the patience.

Instrument: well, if I could play any, I would want to play violin.

Do you like sports? Nope!

Family: my family is for the most part great. I'm still currently living with them.

Clothing: leggings > pants. Anything big and sweater-like.

How did you find this website? I don't even remember. Probably when I was doing research on my condition.

Job: licensed esthetician.

Plans for the future? Go back to school, study neuropsychology. Get a doctorate.

Any comments? I'm excited to be a part of this community.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:39 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 12:33 pm

Hello Amanda - I'm Asperger's, but I know very little about Bipolar. Had you already been diagnosed with Bipolar when you began to consider Asperger's? How do the two interrelate? How do you tell which bit is Aspie and which bit is Bipolar? Sorry to be so nosey but your post made me curious, just ignore the questions you don't like and welcome anyway. :D