What’s your Myer-Briggs personality type?

Page 3 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 2:21 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
Can someone break the T for Tactics down for me?

I ranged high in prosperity for this over judging - so what does this mean?

In fact what does all the rest mean?

Different websites use different words for the letters but all the words they use are basically identical in definition.

This is from humanmetrics
The first criterion, Extraversion – Introversion, signifies the source and direction of a person’s energy expression. An extravert’s source and direction of energy expression is mainly in the external world, while an introvert has a source of energy mainly in their own internal world.

The second criterion, Sensing – Intuition, represents the method by which someone perceives information. Sensing means that a person mainly believes information he or she receives directly from the external world. Intuition means that a person believes mainly information he or she receives from the internal or imaginative world.

The third criterion, Thinking – Feeling, represents how a person processes information. Thinking means that a person makes a decision mainly through logic. Feeling means that, as a rule, he or she makes a decision based on emotion, i.e. based on what they feel they should do.

The fourth criterion, Judging – Perceiving, reflects how a person implements the information he or she has processed. Judging means that a person organizes all of his life events and, as a rule, sticks to his plans. Perceiving means that he or she is inclined to improvise and explore alternative options.

This is from 16personalities

MIND
This aspect shows how we interact with our surroundings:

Introverted individuals prefer solitary activities and get exhausted by social interaction. They tend to be quite sensitive to external stimulation (e.g. sound, sight or smell) in general.

Extraverted individuals prefer group activities and get energized by social interaction. They tend to be more enthusiastic and more easily excited than introverts.

ENERGY
The second aspect determines how we see the world and process information:

Observant individuals are highly practical, pragmatic and down-to-earth. They tend to have strong habits and focus on what is happening or has already happened.

Intuitive individuals are very imaginative, open-minded and curious. They prefer novelty over stability and focus on hidden meanings and future possibilities.

NATURE
This aspect determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions:

Thinking individuals focus on objectivity and rationality, prioritizing logic over emotions. They tend to hide their feelings and see efficiency as more important than cooperation.

Feeling individuals are sensitive and emotionally expressive. They are more empathic and less competitive than Thinking types, and focus on social harmony and cooperation.

TACTICS
This aspect reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making:

Judging individuals are decisive, thorough and highly organized. They value clarity, predictability and closure, preferring structure and planning to spontaneity.

Prospecting individuals are very good at improvising and spotting opportunities. They tend to be flexible, relaxed nonconformists who prefer keeping their options open.

IDENTITY
Finally, the Identity aspect underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions:

Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals.

Turbulent (-T) individuals are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They are likely to experience a wide range of emotions and to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve.

Thank you ScarletIbis for clearing that up for me.

I am turbulent - ha!

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 8:53 am

ScarletIbis wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
INTP

Ah a kindred logician

Yes, I prefer to think about emotions rather than with them. I'm a very passionate, emotional person, actually. I'm also very empathetic, but I sometimes say things is a very blunt and offensive way that upsets people. I also go on rants when I'm upset. I feel guilty about this, and I'm trying to work on processing emotions and communicating better.

I'm never bored though, as my brain is always picking apart ideas, and I live to learn things.

I can be charming when I'm in a small group of people, the atmosphere is comfortable/stress-free, and certain topics are avoided.

As I become more self-aware with age, I realise that this is what I have to work with. I'm not neurotypical, and I do have a personality that is what it is. I tried reprogramming myself with things like meditation, but that didn't work. I have dyspraxia (with autistic traits) rather than full-blown autism, so I'm trying to use the great amount of empathy I have more constructively, rather than squashing it down because it's painful to deal with.

I post on here because I still crave interaction with neurodivergent people.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2017, 3:56 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
ScarletIbis wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
INTP

Ah a kindred logician

Yes, I prefer to think about emotions rather than with them. I'm a very passionate, emotional person, actually. I'm also very empathetic, but I sometimes say things is a very blunt and offensive way that upsets people. I also go on rants when I'm upset. I feel guilty about this, and I'm trying to work on processing emotions and communicating better.

I'm never bored though, as my brain is always picking apart ideas, and I live to learn things.

I can be charming when I'm in a small group of people, the atmosphere is comfortable/stress-free, and certain topics are avoided.

As I become more self-aware with age, I realise that this is what I have to work with. I'm not neurotypical, and I do have a personality that is what it is. I tried reprogramming myself with things like meditation, but that didn't work. I have dyspraxia (with autistic traits) rather than full-blown autism, so I'm trying to use the great amount of empathy I have more constructively, rather than squashing it down because it's painful to deal with.

I post on here because I still crave interaction with neurodivergent people.

I relate to that, I feel deeply for even brand new acquaintances, but I come off as apathetic and aloof so I never get to the actual friend stage. My communication skills are so lacking that even if I did make a friend, it wouldn’t last. If only I communicate IRL as well as I do here, then things would be much smoother. But... that’s too easy :wink: :|

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 1:10 pm

There is more depth in it. I call it MBTI math, because it has rules like math.

Every letter has 2 sides. Extroverted and introverted. Those are called functions. Everyone has a preference for 4 functions, in that order: IEIE for introverts and EIEI for extraverts, with the first function being dominant, that comes naturally and the last being the weakest, needing assistance but still valued (something that causes a lot o trouble during childhood and is improving during the whole lifetime, slowly starting to get useful in late 20s/early 30s).

Everyone has a preffered function from all 4 types: Sensing, Intuition, Thinking and Feeling. They come in pairs. If Sensing is first, Intuition will be last. If Thinking is first, Feeling will be last. If Intuition is 2nd Sensing will be 3rd. If Feeling is 2nd Thinking will be 3rd. If Thinking is introverted, Feeling will be extroverted. If Sensing is introverted, Intuition will be extroverted. And the other way around.

The type shortcut is related to first 2 preferences and their intro/extroversion. For example INTP(me) is Ti Ne Si Fe. I because first function is introverted. N because second function is Intuition, T because first function is Thinking, P because first extroverted(=having direct contact with the world) function is a perceiving function (Perceiving=Sensing, Intuition, Judging=Thinking, Feeling)

The functions are:

Ti, Introverted Thinking = your own logic.
Te, Extroverted Thinking = common logic.
Fi, Introverted Feeling = your own values.
Fe, Extroverted Felling = group values.
Ni, Introverted Intuition = sense of future.
Ne, Extroverted intuition = sense of possibilities.
Si, Introverted Sensing = stored memories.
Se, Extroverted Sensing = 5 body senses.

Everyone is able to make use of all 8 functions. But only 4 of them are preferred(=automatic). As an INTP I can freely use Te logic(it's a tool, similar to my Si) but it gets filtered by my Ti or Ne. I can't help it. And as for Se (everyone is supposed to use the 5 senses, right?) it actually gets badly messed up by Ne(accompanied by Si) and needs to be fixed by Ti more often than not. I don't just see stuff. I see stuff and instantly imagine what they might be and the conclusion is what comes to my mind. If what I imagined fits the reality I don't even realize anything is wrong. But when it doesn't?

Ne:"I spot an alligator."
Si: shows image of an aligator.
Ti: "Where are you seeing an aligator now?"
Ne: "It was crossing the street."
Ti: "OK...? How did it look like, exactly?"
Si: shows an image of an aligator on the street in the middle of the crowded Polish city I am in, a photography of what Ne made it store.
Ti: "Wait. WHAT? Impossible... NE!"
Ne: "Ok. Perhaps it was just some green bag."
Si: shows a new image, taken by Se that got intentionally prompted to take a photo of the street. It's a green piece of trash.
Ti: "Are you an idiot?"
Fe: :?
Ti+Ne: "If anybody knew what we just imagined they would think we are mentally ill, or childish..."
Fe: :oops: :shaking:
Ti+Ne: "... or maybe creative, imaginative?"
Fe: :)

Of course it isn't an actual dialogue and it is over too fast to actually observe most of the time but it's the process that happens every single time I see anything. Usually it just ends with Ti's: "Makes sense" as soon as Ne "spots" something though because usually Ne isn't that far from reality.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2017, 2:43 pm

Kiriae wrote:
There is more depth in it. I call it MBTI math, because it has rules like math.

Every letter has 2 sides. Extroverted and introverted. Those are called functions. Everyone has a preference for 4 functions, in that order: IEIE for introverts and EIEI for extraverts, with the first function being dominant, that comes naturally and the last being the weakest, needing assistance but still valued (something that causes a lot o trouble during childhood and is improving during the whole lifetime, slowly starting to get useful in late 20s/early 30s).

Everyone has a preffered function from all 4 types: Sensing, Intuition, Thinking and Feeling. They come in pairs. If Sensing is first, Intuition will be last. If Thinking is first, Feeling will be last. If Intuition is 2nd Sensing will be 3rd. If Feeling is 2nd Thinking will be 3rd. If Thinking is introverted, Feeling will be extroverted. If Sensing is introverted, Intuition will be extroverted. And the other way around.

The type shortcut is related to first 2 preferences and their intro/extroversion. For example INTP(me) is Ti Ne Si Fe. I because first function is introverted. N because second function is Intuition, T because first function is Thinking, P because first extroverted(=having direct contact with the world) function is a perceiving function (Perceiving=Sensing, Intuition, Judging=Thinking, Feeling)

The functions are:

Ti, Introverted Thinking = your own logic.
Te, Extroverted Thinking = common logic.
Fi, Introverted Feeling = your own values.
Fe, Extroverted Felling = group values.
Ni, Introverted Intuition = sense of future.
Ne, Extroverted intuition = sense of possibilities.
Si, Introverted Sensing = stored memories.
Se, Extroverted Sensing = 5 body senses.

Everyone is able to make use of all 8 functions. But only 4 of them are preferred(=automatic). As an INTP I can freely use Te logic(it's a tool, similar to my Si) but it gets filtered by my Ti or Ne. I can't help it. And as for Se (everyone is supposed to use the 5 senses, right?) it actually gets badly messed up by Ne(accompanied by Si) and needs to be fixed by Ti more often than not. I don't just see stuff. I see stuff and instantly imagine what they might be and the conclusion is what comes to my mind. If what I imagined fits the reality I don't even realize anything is wrong. But when it doesn't?

Ne:"I spot an alligator."
Si: shows image of an aligator.
Ti: "Where are you seeing an aligator now?"
Ne: "It was crossing the street."
Ti: "OK...? How did it look like, exactly?"
Si: shows an image of an aligator on the street in the middle of the crowded Polish city I am in, a photography of what Ne made it store.
Ti: "Wait. WHAT? Impossible... NE!"
Ne: "Ok. Perhaps it was just some green bag."
Si: shows a new image, taken by Se that got intentionally prompted to take a photo of the street. It's a green piece of trash.
Ti: "Are you an idiot?"
Fe: :?
Ti+Ne: "If anybody knew what we just imagined they would think we are mentally ill, or childish..."
Fe: :oops: :shaking:
Ti+Ne: "... or maybe creative, imaginative?"
Fe: :)

Of course it isn't an actual dialogue and it is over too fast to actually observe most of the time but it's the process that happens every single time I see anything. Usually it just ends with Ti's: "Makes sense" as soon as Ne "spots" something though because usually Ne isn't that far from reality.

Wow, you obviously research into this subject much more than I. Your dialogue visual is very similar to something I tried to explain to my mother about what goes in my head (almost a year ago I think). Throwing specifics out the window for the sake of less typing, I will summarize it.
My brain usually operates like the UN, it requires unanimous decision from all the little countries in my head. Each of those countries (as numerous as the countries in Africa, Europe, South America, and Asia combined) have there own thoughts and no matter the size, they all pitch in whatever idea they come up with. Most are arguing different points of view to the main topic going on, and others are talking about things like:
Image. All of these things happen at the same time. In other words my thoughts are going so fast that my brain just short circuits and whoever just talked to me gets a ‘blank stare’ (minus eye contact) and an “ugh”. This sometimes leads the outside world to see me as ‘slow’. Only when they hear me speak (eventually) do the realize that I am not slow, although my speech is twitchy and vague, I naturally have an extremely rich vocabulary so people understand I am not stupid.

I fell the need to specify this, I do not hear voices.

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

thebelgradebelief
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2017, 5:04 pm

INFP-T

High school student with Autism and ADHD.
Diagnosed 3/22/18.

Special Interest: The Beatles

wranws0337
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2017, 4:23 am

INTJ :D

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2017, 8:50 am

wranws0337 wrote:
INTJ :D

Welcome to Wrong Planet! I am honored you used one of your first 2 posts here, architect. :D JK I don’t make a big deal, but welcome.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2017, 11:43 am

When I was younger I used to consistently test as ENTJ, but nowadays I'm nowhere near as blunt or as outgoing as I used to be.
I'd say I'm more of an INFJ according to more recent quiz results.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2017, 8:32 pm

Leahcar wrote:
When I was younger I used to consistently test as ENTJ, but nowadays I'm nowhere near as blunt or as outgoing as I used to be.
I'd say I'm more of an INFJ according to more recent quiz results.

That seems to be a pattern, I was a bubbly extroverted child. Until depression broke me at 12, my mom says I would just talk constantly, even to random strangers, about whatever was going through my head. She said it was like I had no danger sense. Besides talking to strangers, I would run off exploring in the woods behind our house sometimes, not thinking to tell people “ oh I was following the cat” or “I heard something and wanted to see what it was”. I would also just climb trees like crazy, no make that climb anything. Now I have to force myself to talk to my own extended family and even then it is very selective, I never discuss ‘whatever was going through my head’. It is almost like a “burned out” is what my mom says. I just used all my energy as a child and now I am just a quiet couch potato. I could easily sleep about 20 hours at a time (I am not exaggerating) when I was 12-15. Nowadays I don’t sleep more than 14 on lazy days. I usually sleep about 9-10 but I enjoy 14 when I can get it. I just like my dream world more than the real world.

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2017, 1:36 am

I am INTJ, 100%

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2017, 1:39 am

Zakayah wrote:
INTJ to the max and I'm an Aries which basically makes me a born b***h...but I'm nice! I really am!

I am INTJ too! Its rare. I have always been curious what it is like to talk to another INTJ.

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2017, 1:45 am

ScarletIbis wrote:
nephets wrote:
INTJ-T with a 92% introverted score and 8% feelings as opposed to 92% thinking. So basically, cold, logical and quiet. Really fun to be with (not)

Haha you say that sarcastically but I would trade all my socks to meet and converse with a ‘basically cold, logical, and quiet’ INTJ/P among my peers. Unfortunately I have yet to meet anyone my age who I can have a deeply intellectual conversation with. My idea of someone fun to be with is someone who can provide mentally stimulating conversation. I think that is one of the reasons aspies have trouble keeping conversations alive is that we find the subject dull and monotonous. Anything we love to talk about is often seen as boring or hard to follow. If I knew any INTJ or INTPs, I could have a conversation based in theoretics and logic rather than feelings, that most NTs automatically leak into conversation. Aspies do have feelings, I believe we feel more deeply than others because of frequent and intricate introspection. Just because our feeling aren’t on the surface doesn’t mean they are lesser than others. Many of us also naturally speak with a rich vocabulary, with can lead to difficulty in effective communication for anyone who doesn’t understand what they mean.I personally have a problem with alliteration, and tend to speak and type that way unconsciously. Hmm I believe I am rambling off subject. Oops

I should get a shirt that says “no small talk”.

Holly cow. Your description of you is me. I am an INTJ, I feel exactly like you do. Talk to me anytime.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2017, 3:04 am

ScarletIbis wrote:
Prediction:
I don’t expect to see many ENs or ESs here.

I'm ENFP!

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:14 am

INTJ

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2017, 11:31 am

INTJ's are supposed to be 2% of the population, yet there is a way higher percentage of INTJ's in this thread. I wonder how much of that 2% is Asperger's.