Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ClydeWallace
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2018, 11:29 am

Hello all,

I have recently been diagnosed as an aspie and am hoping to find a few people with common interests and oddities with whom I can connect and from whom I can learn how to better relay this diagnosis with my family and friends.

2017 was an interesting year for me leading to the following:
I quit my well-paying career in order to start my own business for which I have not made a dime in over 10 months.
I moved out of my parents house (for the second time) in order to be closer to those who I have deemed as friends.
I have drastically altered my physical appearance (lost countless weight, grew out my hair, and bought aviator style glasses).
I admitted my feelings for a friend who immediately shut down the possibility of a relationship (she also happens to be my housemate).
I was stood up for more dates than not.
I have been attempting (and failing) at becoming more socially and romantically involved within the world.

In all I tend to feel confident and happy when alone but want to have that same confidence when around others. Since being diagnosed I have told my parents, two of my friends, and my dental hygienist (please ask about the latter as it was the absolute best dentist experience). I am currently very frazzled and concerned with how my diagnosis will effect my life and the views others have of me.

I am very interested in grandiose community experiences and how they can be altered to better serve those who are effected (including schools, governments, economies, etc.). I also have passions for golf, chess, puzzles, and hiking. My oddities tend to revolve around my social interactions: neurotypicals tend to consider me an ass, I feel as though I am constantly manipulating and/or lying to people because I often hide my true beliefs regarding a topic so as to not offend others, and I have an inherent inability to feel connected with others (probably in part to due the prior).

As aforementioned I am currently very frazzled but the above is me as honest as I can relay and I look forward to learning more about those who are like me.

Make it a great day,
Brandt H

"We are born ignorantly confident and can only hope we become confidently ignorant throughout the meticulous journey that is life." - Clyde Wallace

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:55 am

It saddens me to see small businesses fail. Then again, it is a good idea to have a safety net to fall on in case it does. Anyway, hopefully yours picks up the pace soon enough.

Also, welcome to WP. c:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 3:23 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D