Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

PinkFeelingBlue
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2011, 1:23 pm

Thought I should post a quick hello thread so nobody thinks I'm just a spam bot or something.

I am a 33-year-old female, stay at home wife, no kids. I live in Nevada. I was diagnosed with AS last fall. It was a very welcoming diagnosis as I have spent my life wondering what was wrong with me. I have struggled with several episodes of major depression throughout my life. I only wish I could have found out about this much sooner.

The emotional and mental strain has taken its toll. I am finding it difficult even to find words for this post. In real life, with the exception of my husband, I can't talk to people at all. This is the first time I've posted on a message board in almost a year. The anxiety of replies to my post or the lack of has become debilitating.

I have read as many books as I can about Asperger's and adults. And they all suggest if I can't reach out to people in real life try to do it online. So here I am.

I usually speak with some slang and mild cuss words. However, after years of being an Internet junkie. I have compressed the Ulnar nerves and each elbow and makes typing extremely difficult. So I am using voice recognition software that I am still getting used to. It doesn't recognize a lot of my country style speech. But that may be a good thing for this website. People may be able to understand me better.

I will probably post from time to time in the different forums. Just a quick sentence or to answer to the original topic.

PS I am a bit of a cynic, so I apologize in advance if I come off a tad negative.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 2:38 pm

Hi! Welcome to Wrong Planet!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Mar 2011, 2:46 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 4:28 pm

Greetings and welcome to WP! I'm glad you decided to join in these discussions. I have found that there is a lot to be learned from everyone here. These folks are very helpful and generally a great bunch of people.

Cynic! Negative! Gee, you haven't met me yet have you! I'm a great believer in the power of positive thinking. I'm positive things will get worse. I'm positive things are never so bad they can't get worse - and they will. I'm positive the END is near.
But actually there was a university study done many years ago to find out if pessimists and optimists really existed. The made a very surprising discovery. Yes, optimists did really exist, i.e. people who saw things a better that they actually were. The surprise was that they couldn't find any pessimists. Those who were considered as such were found to be actually seeing things as they really were. Neither better, nor worse. In short they were actually Realists. This describes me quite well. I have lots of experience to prove it too! :)

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

Welcome!

CockneyRebel
Veteran