Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

justin1982
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jan 2024, 10:34 pm

Hey Everyone,

I've been exploring a topic with AI, it was related to a personal social situation. I raised a question: are there additional neurological differences in play in what I was talking about? The AI suggested a potential Autism connection. I have dyslexia and show ADHD traits. This piqued my interest. After more talks and an online test, it seemed I might have Autism. This led me to find this group via AI. I struggle with body language and often hyper-focus on things before abruptly dropping them, especially in projects outside my regular job. If anyone's interested, I can share more.

P.S. In future discussions, I'd love to hear your experiences too!

P.S.S AI did help me write this

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 1:17 am

Welcome to WP :mrgreen:

I look forward to learning more things about AI from you.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 12:52 pm

Welcome to WP! I am, however, interested in how much help AI gave you on your post; I started programming in 1971 and think computers are great toys...but if the AI is responsible for most of the content of your post I'm not sure we're actually chatting with you.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 2:59 pm

welcome!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 3:11 pm

Welcome Justin1982...glad you found this planet, hope it may provide some info, on your journey of discovery :D

where ever you go ,there you are

justin1982
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2024, 3:30 pm

No problem, ask away!

justin1982
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2024, 3:35 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Welcome to WP! I am, however, interested in how much help AI gave you on your post; I started programming in 1971 and think computers are great toys...but if the AI is responsible for most of the content of your post I'm not sure we're actually chatting with you.

that makes sense to me, this is the original.

“Hello All,

I have was using Ai, I was asking it about a social situation and I did ask it something like. “What other kind of difference in the brain could this be” one of the things it did suggests it could be related to Autism. Because I know I have dyslexia and like Autism I have ADHD treats in myself and after a few days of going back and forth with the AI and taking an online test it did help me find. The test did suggest that I might have Autism so I did ask the AI what community are there and that’s how I did find this one and from the test and me talking to it. It seems like to may have become with social situation it’s not easy to make friends or relationships for dating. I have been on 1st dates and I do have friends but not a lot”

Note, this is on edited it was my first draft!

justin1982
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2024, 3:36 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Welcome to WP :mrgreen:

I look forward to learning more things about AI from you.

No problem, ask away!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 3:42 pm

Whew..am glad you clarified which post you were referencing , thank you,// immediately became suspect that you might be an AI artifact gaining access to this planet ... ? :D :nerdy: 8)

where ever you go ,there you are

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 4:04 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 4:26 pm

Welcome to WP! :alien:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 4:43 pm

justin1982 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

Then I am delighted to meet you!

I have nothing against computers, mind you. I spent a lot of time using them and, for much of it, getting paid to do so. But I'd rather just play with them rather than train an AI or apply a Turing Test. Despite what we see in the news I'm hoping AIs don't take over too soon!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 9:16 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

This is a first. You were trying to figure out your problems and you asked a computer and it provided you an answer that you might be autistic.

Well that makes a lot of sense. Computers have grown in capability over the past few decades.

You said that you have Dyslexia, so I looked this up.

Dyslexia is a learning disorder that involves difficulty reading due to problems identifying speech sounds and learning how they relate to letters and words (decoding). Also called a reading disability, dyslexia is a result of individual differences in areas of the brain that process language.

Actually this conversation makes some sense. I suffered a stroke almost 3 years ago and I lost my knowledge of spoken words. It was really strange not being able to find the words to use in a conversation. I lost my ability to speak intelligently. For 6 months I went around calling my dog, "here kitty kitty" and my cat a dog. It was caused by serious damage to the left side of my brain. But I was able to repair much of the damage but not all.

So if you have dyslexia, the root cause may be a distortion on the left side of the brain.

Humans brains have two halves. One on the left side and the other on the right. We have two people living inside us. As a child normally both sides communicate during the daytime. But around age 11 or 12, they separate. The left side becomes our daytime brain and the right side of our brain becomes our night time brain, our sleep brain. But if we die before that age, sometimes there is a brain flip and the two sides change places. You become a right side dominant brain. That may be what you have experienced because you are describing Dyslexia.

So offhand, it seems like you are in the right location by joining this website.

justin1982
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2024, 11:41 pm

Double Retired wrote:
justin1982 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

Then I am delighted to meet you!

I have nothing against computers, mind you. I spent a lot of time using them and, for much of it, getting paid to do so. But I'd rather just play with them rather than train an AI or apply a Turing Test. Despite what we see in the news I'm hoping AIs don't take over too soon!

I got you!

justin1982
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2024, 11:44 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet.

This is a first. You were trying to figure out your problems and you asked a computer and it provided you an answer that you might be autistic.

Well that makes a lot of sense. Computers have grown in capability over the past few decades.

You said that you have Dyslexia, so I looked this up.

Dyslexia is a learning disorder that involves difficulty reading due to problems identifying speech sounds and learning how they relate to letters and words (decoding). Also called a reading disability, dyslexia is a result of individual differences in areas of the brain that process language.

Actually this conversation makes some sense. I suffered a stroke almost 3 years ago and I lost my knowledge of spoken words. It was really strange not being able to find the words to use in a conversation. I lost my ability to speak intelligently. For 6 months I went around calling my dog, "here kitty kitty" and my cat a dog. It was caused by serious damage to the left side of my brain. But I was able to repair much of the damage but not all.

So if you have dyslexia, the root cause may be a distortion on the left side of the brain.

Humans brains have two halves. One on the left side and the other on the right. We have two people living inside us. As a child normally both sides communicate during the daytime. But around age 11 or 12, they separate. The left side becomes our daytime brain and the right side of our brain becomes our night time brain, our sleep brain. But if we die before that age, sometimes there is a brain flip and the two sides change places. You become a right side dominant brain. That may be what you have experienced because you are describing Dyslexia.

So offhand, it seems like you are in the right location by joining this website.

Thanks Jimmy,

Thanks for the welcome and I did not know about that when it comes to the human brain!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 1:11 pm

There is a very interesting book that you might read. It is called Whole Brain Living by Jill Bolte Taylor. She was a top medical doctor at one of the major medical schools in the U.S. She was around 35 and suffered a very severe stroke. It was a brain bleed and she almost died as a result. But she came back. But she came back as her right side brain instead of her dominant left side brain. She was a very different person. She was a new age woman. She described the four people that exist within the human brain. Her book provides some very interesting perspectives of how the human brain develops.

It doesn't perfectly describe my experience because I died around the age of 3 or 4 when I was a child attacked by a large bull. It was like being attacked by a dinosaur. I survived. I lived through what is normally described as a near neat experience. I stood next to my dead body and a voice said, "Live or Die, Choose." I could not stand the utter horror on my father and mother's face. So I said Live.

So we exist in a very strange world. Humans have multiple brains. That is why we are some of the most complex creatures that have ever existed in our world, and probably most worlds throughout the universe.