Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Aug 2011, 5:35 pm

Hi!
I don't know if I have AS or not. I do think I show some traits that could be because of AS but then again, can you really diagnose yourself?
Though one thing for sure, I'm probably not like other people. Since I can remember(since early childhood) I've never been good interacting with other people and a lot of people in my life (whether they know me or not) have told me that I don't know how to treat people.
I think I've improved and look or act better than when I was a child (Im in my twenties now)....in my childhood people would tell me my face was motionless, I've often been compared to 7 of 9 (Star Trek?)...and other similar fictional characters. Now I've learned to smile more, laugh more...though I still get to hear that it either looks fake because it's too exaggerated or because it's inappropriate in a given situation.
There's much more. I've always felt different and often didn't understand many things related to the social world.
E.g. when someone's crying I know why that is but I don't know how to behave correctly, how do I comfort someone? Hugging? What's the right thing to say?.....
Anyways, I can't tell if it is AS or not.....but reading through this forums, reading books about AS I can relate to many things there.

Also....I've made a post on the parental section of this forum because I'm more certain my father could have AS.....if someone cares to look into that. :)
Well, whatever the case, I appreciate everybody commenting on this or just reading through this. Thanks.

(My native language isn't english,btw)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 5:42 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet, Mayel!

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 6:03 pm

Wow your last sentence blew me away. I didn't detect any accented writing whatsoever reading your post.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 6:16 pm

Hello there. Welcome to WP. Hope you like it here.

Mayel wrote:
Though one thing for sure, I'm probably not like other people. Since I can remember(since early childhood) I've never been good interacting with other people and a lot of people in my life (whether they know me or not) have told me that I don't know how to treat people.

That goes for a lot of us here, unfortunately. :(

Mayel wrote:
Anyways, I can't tell if it is AS or not.....but reading through this forums, reading books about AS I can relate to many things there.

This is true, but don't discount the fact that many things with Asperger's Syndrome are co-morbid with other conditions on the neurodiverse spectrum.

Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for on your journey. :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Masato
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Aug 2011, 6:57 pm

Welcome to the Wrong Planet, Mayel. :)

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 8:05 pm

Welcome to WP!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

Hola 8)

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 9:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! And your English is excellent. I wish that my German was that good. Foreign languages are hard for me, but I keep trying.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2011, 12:58 am

MountainLaurel wrote:
Wow your last sentence blew me away. I didn't detect any accented writing whatsoever reading your post.

Thank you.
My speech is loaded with accent though. :?
Tequila wrote:
This is true, but don't discount the fact that many things with Asperger's Syndrome are co-morbid with other conditions on the neurodiverse spectrum.

Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for on your journey. :)

That's something I thought about, as well....

Thanks for your kind words. :)
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Hola 8)

Hola Makayala. 8)

AspieWolf wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet! And your English is excellent. I wish that my German was that good. Foreign languages are hard for me, but I keep trying.

Hallo AspieWolf. Mach dir keine Sorgen darüber. :)
The most important thing is to try and give your best.
I love to learn foreign languages but I've come to the conclusion that talking and writing (as well as hearing and reading) are very different things.
I've got a heavy accent, no matter which language I use.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Aug 2011, 5:39 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image