Page 312 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 ... 358  Next

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 12:56 pm

Welcome, Meghan! I'm the same age as you.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 6:53 pm

weirdgorlriri wrote:
What’s your first name: Riley

Happy Birthday, Riley! :heart:

AnnaOMalley
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jan 2018, 9:06 am

What is your first name?: You can call me Anna, but that’s not my real name. My username comes from a story I wrote when I was 7

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, violin, watching YouTube/Netflix, napping, cats and hanging out with friends.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2001

Favorite subjects: Math and genetics

Year/Grade: College freshman

Favorite music: Billy Joel, Neutral Milk Hotel, Radiohead, 10,000 Maniacs, The Cranberries (RIP, Dolores), Beck, Green Day and a bunch of other random crap.

Books: Harry Potter, Hunger Games, The Book Thief, anything by John Green and To Kill a Mockingbird.

TV shows/Movies: Disney, Cape Fear, Spaceballs, What’s Up Doc, South Park, Big Mouth, Degrassi and The End of the Fxxxing World

Instrument: Violin

Do you like sports? Does watching the Olympics count?

How did you find this website? Just browsing the Web.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Become a biostatistician

slave
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:35 pm

AnnaOMalley wrote:
What is your first name?: You can call me Anna, but that’s not my real name. My username comes from a story I wrote when I was 7

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, violin, watching YouTube/Netflix, napping, cats and hanging out with friends.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2001

Favorite subjects: Math and genetics

Year/Grade: College freshman

Favorite music: Billy Joel, Neutral Milk Hotel, Radiohead, 10,000 Maniacs, The Cranberries (RIP, Dolores), Beck, Green Day and a bunch of other random crap.

Books: Harry Potter, Hunger Games, The Book Thief, anything by John Green and To Kill a Mockingbird.

TV shows/Movies: Disney, Cape Fear, Spaceballs, What’s Up Doc, South Park, Big Mouth, Degrassi and The End of the Fxxxing World

Instrument: Violin

Do you like sports? Does watching the Olympics count?

How did you find this website? Just browsing the Web.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Become a biostatistician

Become a biostatistician, like Ed Witten's dtr. :D

DHolden5884
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2018, 10:13 am

Hi everyone

What is your first name? David

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Travel and Photography are the things I enjoy most.

Why are you here? To meet and talk to new people, which I've been nervous doing for a long time.

When were you diagnosed? During Secondary School, before the year 2000.

Favourite subjects: Art and IT during school, music and photography came after college.

Year/Grade: N/A

Favourite music: Rock music at heart, but there's hardly any music I'd say I dislike.

Books: Crime and Mystery novels are my favourites.

TV shows/Movies: For Movies - A LOT! To choose 5 at random, Guardians of the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Captain America The Winter Soldier and We're The Millers. For TV - Blue Planet, Doctor Who, Line of Duty, The Hunted and Game of Thrones.

Instrument: Guitar, Bass and Keyboards, still learning them all especially the last two!

Do you like sports? Not a huge follower, but I like watching some; darts, baseball(!), rugby and boxing in particular.

Family: My Mum, Dad and younger sister, plus my two dogs who reign supreme.

Clothing: Jeans and T-shirts usually, don't bother with socks though unless absolutely necessary.

How did you find this website? Family friend recommendations.

Job: Post Room Assistant.

Plans for the future? To grab my camera and go somewhere!

Timdil
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Feb 2018, 11:33 pm

What is your first name? Levi

Hobbies and Interests: Mathematics, Physics, music, and chemistry

Why are you here? Aspergers and Depression

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 13

Favorite subjects: Mathematics, Physics, music, and chemistry

Year/Grade: 8

Favorite music: blues, indie rock, jazz, and alt-rock. (timber timbre)

Books: A Clockwork Orange, Animal Farm, and Lord Of The Flies

TV shows/Movies: A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and The Grand Budapest Hotel

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: Mom, Dad, and Sister

Clothing: yes?

How did you find this website? researching

Job: no not yet

Plans for the future? math professor

Any comments? Quite weird

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 1:10 am

Timdil wrote:
What is your first name? Levi

Hobbies and Interests: Mathematics, Physics, music, and chemistry

Why are you here? Aspergers and Depression

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 13

Favorite subjects: Mathematics, Physics, music, and chemistry

Year/Grade: 8

Favorite music: blues, indie rock, jazz, and alt-rock. (timber timbre)

Books: A Clockwork Orange, Animal Farm, and Lord Of The Flies

TV shows/Movies: A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and The Grand Budapest Hotel

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: Mom, Dad, and Sister

Clothing: yes?

How did you find this website? researching

Job: no not yet

Plans for the future? math professor

Any comments? Quite weird

r u beyond Gr. 8 in Maths?
ie. an autodidact

Regeniversity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2018, 10:39 pm

guess I will do this as well?

What is your first name? Alex

Hobbies and Interests: regenerative land management, rewilding, ecology, biology, philosophy, psychology, creative arts, narratives and structures

Why are you here? Searching for people to form meaningful connections with

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): never diagnosed

Favorite music: folk, experimental, classic rock, jazz, fusion, mathcore, classical

Books: Ishmael - Daniel Quinn, The Resilient Farm and Homestead - Ben Falk, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon, Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut, 1491 - Charles Mann, The Talent Code - Daniel Coyle

TV shows/Movies: tons of stuff

Instrument: Guitar, Voice, Keyboard, Trumpet, Bass

Do you like sports? I prefer playing them to watching them but generally I would rather climb trees or run through the woods than play a sport.

Family: still live with em. this is the last winter that will be the case. They're nice people but we don't really have shared goals.

Clothing: comfortable stuff? colors are cool, especially green and earthy colors but also bright colors and black and white and every color ever even the ones you can't see. but basically just whatever is effective, of decent quality, available, and comfortable.

How did you find this website? I don't remember.

Job: I currently buy things cheap and sell them for more. dropping out of the money madness soon though. then my only job will be tending to the harvest of time.

Plans for the future? living in a 4runnner for the next (approximately) two years WWOOFing and learning how to provide for myself outdoors while transitioning away from money. then hopefully find a community land trust or something like that to build a home with my hands. if I actually find someone to form a life partnership with then I guess I would do that with them and perhaps reproduce once or twice if that's a thing that is appropriate and adequate environment has been created for child-rearing? and hopefully be part of some kind of intentional community focused on intimate participation in ecology, create a seed bank/library, host volunteer driven free workshops for people (especially kids) about economic self-sufficiency and creative arts and whatever good things people are willing and able to create engaging learning environments for, and hopefully become as healthy as I can be before I die and maybe someday actually have grandchildren running around underneath native canopy nut trees and intense diversity of plants, animals, and fungi. or just hallucinate all of that while I'm shivering to death under a bridge next year *shrug*

ConfusedInWpg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2018, 5:28 pm

What is your first name? John

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, retro-computing, video games, music

Why are you here? Aspergers and trying to find people I can relate to

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not formally diagnosed, I have a lot of the traits

Favorite subjects: N/A

Year/Grade: Got a B.Sc in Computer Science

Favorite music: 60's, metal, electronica, indie, jazz, classical

Books: anything william gibson, isaac asimov. science fiction. computing

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument: N/A

Do you like sports? No

Family: Mam, Dad, Sister. I'm not really close to them

Clothing: Casual and comfortable

How did you find this website? Researching Aspergers on youtube

Job: code monkey

Plans for the future? surviving, lol

Any comments? Hmmm, nope.

PlanarFracture
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Feb 2018, 2:22 pm

Hello, folks.

Hobbies and Interests:
Mainly science-based. I love all things dead: paleoarchaeology/the geological timescale comprise my special madness. I have a very broad range of other interests. Recently became interested in improving my grasp of the French language, as well as genetic mutations and digital art.
Why are you here?
I've been here before. New leaf, so to speak. I find the forums entertaining.
When were you diagnosed?
Favorite subjects:
Science, geography, medieval history, psychology, fantasy and sci-fi.
Favorite music:
Metal, electronic, rock and trance.
Books:
My current read is 'War and Peace', by Leo Tolstoy.
TV shows/Movies:
(TV) Breaking Bad, Vikings, Hannibal, Orange Is The New Black, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
(Films) Kill Bill, Event Horizon, The Illusionist, Sin City, It.
Instrument:
Flute (beginner).
Do you like sports?
I run to preserve my sanity.
Family:
Large, dysfunctional.
Clothing:
If I likes it, I wears it!
Job:
University student (the kind comprising every tutor's worst nightmare).
Plans for the future?
Barring any unfortunate meeting of my fate through my own hands, I hope to enter the science field professionally.
Any comments?
I collect huge numbers of plants, and have behavioural idiosyncrasies involving finding hairs and hearing the dripping of water. I suspect I probably have mild OCD, but am too tired and too bitter to bother having any more psychologists rifling around in my brain.

ASNerd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Mar 2018, 9:26 pm

serpenEncipheror wrote:
What is your first name? An (In Chinese it means safe or quiet. I'm not that quiet a person though. But my life has been very much safe and healthy thanks to my name.)

Hobbies and Interests: I like coding, drawing comics, reading comics (Homestuck, Transformers, Marvel superheroes), imagining stories (but not writing them down), designing Transformers, collecting Transformers toys, playing around with weapons (including my shinai, my frying pan and my toy white cane), studying local insects (especially butterflies) and reading stuff about autism.

Why are you here? I like everything about autism. I may sound weird, but I've spent my past 4 years reading stuff about autism so I guess I know enough about this developmental disorder to say I really like autistics and want to make some friends with autism.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm neurotypical

Favorite subjects: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, PE (though I'm not good at any specific sport), Chemistry

Year/Grade: 11th

Favorite music: I like music with a rhythm. So I like rap, pure music, and all kinds of musicals. I'm currently fascinated by Matilda the musical and songs of Phillip Phillips. For pure music I like those by CMA.

Books: I mostly like children's books. My favorite is Walk Two Moons. The Horse Boy is the book which brought me into the field of autism. Then I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. I also like science books and non-fictions a lot, like The Melay Archipelago by Alfred Russel Wallace.

TV shows/Movies: Gravity Falls and lots of Chinese cartoons. I like action, superhero movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Transformers. (Well actually Transformers movie series suck but their comic books are the best.) I watch lots of American tv series, including Game of the Throne, Person of Interest.

Instrument: harmonica

Do you like sports? I like exercising a lot! I'm the kind of people who kick the ball into my own goal though. I love to be creative about sports, so I usually play badminton with my Shinai instead of a racket.

Family: Mom, Dad and me. I once had three birds but then they passed away :(

Clothing: as casual as possible

How did you find this website? When I'm searching stuff about autism

Job: high school student

Plans for the future? I hope I can spend a year in the reserve for leopards in Northeastern China! Or I'll do it after I graduate. I want to be a programmer. I hope I can work on something related to both neuroscience and computer science.

Any comments? Yeh! Would you like to be my friends? Ask whatever questions you want to ask.

Hi serpenEncipheror! I'm also interested in autism and want to be a researcher. I want to go into neuroscience as well and if you like math, computer science and neuroscience, there's something called computational neuroscience, which combines all of those. I also like rap music too btw.

ASNerd

03 Mar 2018, 9:33 pm

Hobbies and Interests: neuroscience, reading, watching baseball and basketball

Why are you here? I have high functioning autism

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): April 2015

Favorite subjects: biology, chemistry, math

Year/Grade: 11

Favorite music: rap/hip music, favorite artist is currently NBA Youngboy, but I like a lot of artists

Books: Can't pick a favorite!

TV shows/Movies: The Imitation Game, 42, A League of their Own, and I watch too many shows to pick

Instrument: can't play one

Do you like sports? yes! but I'm terrible at playing them, but I love watching baseball and basketball

Family: mom, dad, an older sister and an older brother

Clothing: jeans. t-shirts. sneakers. i like high top sneakers, like jordans or other basketball shoes.

Job: high school student

Plans for the future? become a neurologist. Idk where i'm going to college yet, I'm looking at schools

OliveBunny
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Mar 2018, 5:34 pm

What is your first name? Jamie

Hobbies and Interests: Art, cooking, animals (Be sure to note that comma between cooking and animals) Psychology, RPGs, MTG, and I've made figuring NTs out into a sort of hobby from a very young age!! (Does that count?)

Why are you here? I don't have time to explain the birds and the bees to you!! *fake stern look*

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I don't have an official Dx yet. Here are my RAADS-R scores: 157.0 8.0 75.0 42.0 32.0 I am still trying to come to an understanding about myself with this.... :/

Favorite music: Mostly alternative kind of stuff but, it's all really eclectic. Lots of variety.

Books: Mostly non-fiction.

TV shows/Movies: Dr.Who, Markymoo & Septic eye, Walking Dead, ummm pretty much anything Sci-fi and/or mysterious

Instrument: Does my xbox count?

Do you like sports? Swimming probably not really considered a sport... whatever.

Family: Married to my 2nd hubby 2 of my kids live with us both teens. The other kid is in college.

Clothing: comfortable with pockets hopefully.

How did you find this website? Actually... I don't remember.

Job: Homemaker

Plans for the future? Healing and some G*DD*MN peace and quiet, please. :lol:

Any comments? Nah. Not really... Thanks for reading about my insignificant little selfie! :D

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 9:38 am

Location: Scandinavia (I hope for understanding if I make mistakes with my english writing(I don`t mind being corrected because I want to learn english well, I do use google translate to check my writing hoping to not make too many mistakes)

Hobbies and Interests: Caring for my home, family and animals, I like reading and collect books, I like history and have a fascination about traditional crafts. I loved watching the tv-series The Tudor Monastery Farm and the other series on Viasat History with Ruth Goodman. I like to see historical places, museums and old buildings. I keep chickens and horses. Generally I am a curious person who like to hear about new things and widen my knowledge and horizons from the sources of books, tv, internet or people I know and trust. I also like watching movies and listen to music and take pleasure in art and culture in general.

Why are you here? I am new to the diagnoses of Asperger's and would like to learn more about it from those who may have lived with the awareness of being an Aspie longer than I have. I am still trying to work this out. I hope to get wiser and feel more familiar with the idea of being diagnosed myself so that I can find out what to do further down the road. I felt alone and a little lost...and here I am. Only: I am not good with conversations. I am able to write better than speak but social interaction stresses me a great deal so I sometimes need to disconnect with the surroundings to not get overwhelmed. I am trying to work on it to get over it. I will try to participate in the threads on this forum but i will have to challenge my self to do so. I hope I will get better at it. Perhaps there will be someone here who are familiar to the problem themselves and will understand?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was told by my psychologist four months ago that her conclusion is that I have been struggeling the way I have in life because of Asperger's Syndrome.

Favorite subjects: My favourite subjects have changed over the years. As a young child my favourite subjects were swimming and music. Later it was biology and chemistry, then sociology and finally history.

Favorite music: Orchestral, rock, jazz, classical, pop...I generally like music.

Books: Right now I am reading Testament by John Romer. I am also reading The Plantagenets by Dan Jones. I like to read both fiction and non-fiction. I loved The Shardlake series of C.J. Sansom. I also often listen to audiobooks. One I particulary liked was Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier and The trilogy of His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.. Just to mention some.
As a child I loved the books of the Swedish author Astrid Lindgren.

TV shows/Movies: I like to watch Viasat History. I also like to watch So you think you can dance. I enjoy dancing and love to watch dancers perform. The decade LOTR came, was a time when I needed the inspiration very much so those movies meant al lot to me on a sentimental level. But I like watching movies and I like to follow different actors and actresses to see them in their different performances.
It feels like there are too many movies I`ve seen and liked during my life to start mentioning.
But I was fascinated by the movie Cloud Atlas, found some support in the movie Proof and I am right now looking foreward to watch Black Panther. On Netflix I am currently watchin the episodes of The Frankenstein Chronicles when I have time, or need a little help to relax.
As a child/young teenager I loved E.T. and Star Wars.

Do you like sports? no

Family: I have a family.

How did you find this website?: On one of my many googlesearches to find info about Asperger's.

Job: No I do not have a job outside my home.

MattMonroe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2018, 3:49 pm

What is your first name? Matej

Hobbies and Interests: Art (I'm a painter), music, Golden Age of Hollywood, mytholgy geek, movies, I love acting, my pets are my friends and love...and so on

Why are you here? Hopefully to meet people with same issues as I have and to make some friends :)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Since young age I have been regarded as "special" and I wasn't treated for mental illness until high school when I cracked...to this day I developed deep depression because of Asperger's...I have a hard time dealing with it. I was not diagnosed at young age because something like this was not common pratice back then in Croatia and due to my alergies everyone was centered around that...and so on and so on....

Favorite music: Pop, dance, electro, basically anything I like...mostly oldies. I love MJ (I loved him before he died), Prince (same as MJ), mostly uptempo stuff to keep away the demons of depression...

Books: Fantasy

TV shows/Movies: AHS, oldies (golden age, silent), horrors with good story (Mama, The Conjuring), fantasy and favorite of all - animated (fave right now is The Amazing World of Gumball on CN)

Instrument: I'd rather not say. :mrgreen:

Do you like sports? Yes. I'm in training for fitness instructor.

Family: Single...always been. People seem to dislike me a lot because I don't share interests with them and so on...

Clothing: I wear what I like and no one tells me what to wear :D

How did you find this website? I don't remember.

Job: Artist...I guess. Selling stuff on Etsy.

Plans for the future? Idk...I always dreamed of becoming an actor but that seems like a far fetch...so I guess I don't have a plan. Try not to die? Does that count?

Any comments? Anyone gay/bisexual to give me advice?

Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 9:16 pm

Hobbies and Interests:
These days ... reminiscing about the past, pondering on the present and forgetting to plan for the future.
In the past ... drawing, creative writing, classical piano, website coding, architecture, philosophy, and ice-cream garnishes.

Why are you here?
Inquisitive but lonely, I guess.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
2010-2011, not sure because I haven't been allowed to read my medical records.

Favorite music:
Instrumental anime soundtracks on piano, Sega Mega Drive chiptunes, Phil Collins ...

Books:
I don't read these days, but I used to like Hegel's Science of Logic, Jacques Barzun's From Dawn to Decadence, and Henri Lefebvre's Philosophical Investigations, and comics.

TV shows/Movies:
Whisper of the Heart (Studio Ghibli), Akira, some other anime in general.

Instrument:
Piano, and producing electronic music (Fruity Loops and Ableton Live in the past)

Clothing:
Shirts. I feel uncomfortable in tees, tank tops, etc, so I never leave home unless I wear a shirt.

Job:
Architect

Plans for the future?
Trying to get the present to work.