Page 6 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 358  Next

Arashi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2004, 10:09 am

Name: Arashi ;)

Hobbies: Tobacco pipe smoking and collecting, robotics (Aibo!), video games.

Grade: N/A

Why you are here: To chat, get information, figure things out, etc.

When were you diagnosed: This year

Favorite music: Rock, techno-industrial, heavy metal, baroque, etc.

Instrument: None, but I loved playing the drums when I was a kid.

Do you like sports: Some forms of racing, (Indy car and motorcycle in particluar).

Family: Wife and son. (My son has AS.)

Clothing: Mostly "normal" although I'm one of the few males since the 1940's to wear hats everyday. ;)

How did you find this website: Internet search on AS

Plans for the future: Figure out how to be happy.

Comments: This site has been an Oasis! Many thanks to everyone who worked to get it going!

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2004, 5:23 pm

Name: Tali :P

Hobbies: Hip hop dance, minority civil rights advocacy, sewing, writing poetry

Grade: 12

Why you are here: To chill

When were you diagnosed: 13 years ago, HFA

Favorite music: Rap, Britney, Power metal, Asian Pop, Reggae and Reggaeton

Instrument: keyz

Do you like sports: Go Yankees!

Family: Parents and aunts and uncles and grandparents and my brother, all of whom are hopelessly NT.

Clothing: Standard 'ghetto kid' Garb, it's comfortable and stylish.

How did you find this website: Aspergia refugee

Plans for the future: Go to college, join frats and par-tay

Comments: This site ROCKS!

baseballfan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2004, 11:35 pm

Name: Scott Robertson

Hobbies: Digital Photography, Watching/listening to sports, Writing poetry & stories, Listening to music, Drawing, Chatting online, Programming software, Surfing the Web

Grade: Too Many to count [1st year of Ph.D. program]

Why you are here: To chat with others like me and have a fun time interacting as well as help people if I can

When were you diagnosed: Self-diagnosed in the Fall of 1999

Favorite music: Classic rock, modern rock/alternative, folk music, blues

Instrument: None, but I used to play the piano when I was little.

Do you like sports: Yes, Baseball, Hockey, & Tennis. Also, football sometimes

Family: parents + an older sister & an older brother

Clothing: Pretty standard clothing of jeans and t-shirts w/ different logos on them. I'm not much for following fashion trends. I'm big into the No Fear line of clothing and sports wear.

How did you find this website: Asperger's email list had a message about it.

Plans for the future: Finishing up my Ph.D. degree at Penn State over the next few years and becoming a a university professor.

Comments: This is an awesome web site. Keep up the good work: Alex, Dan, et al

jmoney
Raven
Raven

28 Oct 2004, 6:56 pm

Name: Justin
Hobbies: Internet, Web Design, Music, Writting poems.
Grade: 11
Why you are here: You people are the only others who can understand me.
When were you diagnosed: Less than 1 year ago.
Favorite music: Rock.
Instrument: I use to play Guitar and Bass. I sing.
Do you like sports: Yes, Basketball.

darkly
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Oct 2004, 5:36 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Natural Building

Why are you here? Lonely:(

When were you diagnosed? ADD with Hyperactivity in first grade. PDD-NOS at 14.

Favorite subjects: Art

Favorite music:Belle and Sebastian, Van Morrison, Morphine

Books: The Idiot, The Hand-Sculpted House.

TV shows/Movies:The Daily Show, the Wicker Man, The Celebration, Brazil

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I like to ride my bike

Family: Austistic Younger Brother, Parent's divorced, 2 other brothers. I get on with everyone pretty well.

Clothing: Whatever people throw at me.

How did you find this website? Fun with Google

Job: Just quit PCA job of 6 years

Plans for the future? Have another art show, build a cob house and make a beautiful cob walled garden.

Any comments? Maybe I'll edit this later.

I hope all of you find this icebreaker fun. I luv stuff like this:) Thank you!

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2004, 7:19 am

What is your first name? Tim

Hobbies and Interests: there are too many to list....the major ones: art, science, phylosophy,

Why are you here? I have Aspeberger's or dang close to it, this is the closist world i came acrossed that felt like home.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not yet

Favorite subjects: collecting art, science, newly autism.

Year/Grade: haven't been to school since 8th grade.

Favorite music: Classical, Jethro Tull, Simon and Garfunkel, Celtic musics, some modern rock, I don't much like Opera or cry in my beer Country Western. love listening to music with harpsycord and flutes in it.

Books: Non Fiction, Sci-fi, Dickens, Classics, Too many to count.

TV shows/Movies: Don't watch T.V much, mostly documentrys and history type channels, star trek types of sci-fi, hogens heros, monty python, benny hill.

Instrument: flute, guitar, not good at ether.

Do you like sports? sure, just not the big crowd events and the pland events, i mostly like the one on one sports, like chess, or bowling.

Family: :(

Clothing: i like to wear jeans, leather jackets, soft coths that i can feel on my sensative skin, i mostly like wearing grays and blacks or dark blues.

How did you find this website? referred from aspergia.com

Job: mostly dry cleaning and construction types, i love masonary since i can look at the finished product and pat my self on the back for a job well done. but at the moment i am job hunting :o( hard to do, i hate having (or feeling forced to) hurry and find a job when i dont really want to deal with the people.

Any comments? sure, i always wondered what was so difrunt about me that i couldnt see, now i know, i felt i was the only one of my kind in the world till i found out about aspies and my self.

I am 5'10.5 brown hair, hazle eyes, when i grow a beard it has a natrule white/gray streeks in it. have some gray in my hair. look to be 10 years younger then i should other then the gray, have thick brows that i can move around like spock on star trek. and i never seem to gain much weight at all, the most i ever been over weight is mabe 35 pounds. my average is most always 165 pounds. i am not a handsome devil but i am not ugly, i feel rather plain looking but i guess that would depend on the girl since its all in the eye of the beholder, my ex always said i had a nice ass even when she was angry.

Games: I love chess, i love the competition, also like playing games with kids and teens, so easy to make them smile or fustrate their games with having to make them work at winning.

Skills: i am skilled at fixing computers, building stone or brick walls and fountains, and most anything i set my mind to learning.

Other likes: i like sitting close to a gental streem or creek and listen to it babble, to watch the fog in the mornings, to walk in warm light rains, to feel the wind seeming to blow through my soul. the feeling of a girls that i like holding hands with me and walking in the moon lit shadows, i love beachs and collecting rocks and stones and shells. i love animals,- all kinds. i like to hike and yes even at times even at my age,-climbing trees and rocks like a goat. i also like exploring old abandoned places and going to anteq shops and second hand stores and old book stores.
also going for walks in the woods, and i love flower filled meadows in the spring time.

Dislikes: I dont like bullys and mean people, I dont like people who lie, and i vary much dislike shallow people.

Last edited by aspergian_mutant on 13 Nov 2004, 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zebulon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Nov 2004, 6:22 am

Name: Sebastian

Hobbies: computing in general, hardware, programming, manga, neurology, philosophy

Grade: finished German gymnasium (like US highschool + college)

Why are you here: I know for a long time that I am somewhat "different" than other people, maybe this is the right place for me.

When were you diagnosed: Never, but a some of the conditions for asperger apply for me.

Favorite Music: A lot of stuff, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Apocalyptica, German Gothic (Deine Lakaien, Tanzwut), Die Ärzte, Kruder&Dorfmeister and many many more

Favorite Movie: Pi, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Ghost in the Shell, Akira

Favorite Book: Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy by D. Adams, BLAME! (Manga), everything by Stanislaw Lem, The Dark Tower Heptalogie by Steven King

Instrument: Played the alto sax some time ago, want to start again

Do you like Sports: I hate sports with any kinds of balls or teams, but I like swimming, rock-climbing, hiking, scuba-diving.

Family: Parents, two youger sisters (18&10)

Clothing: Usually pretty normal stuff, cargopants + t-shirt. Sometimes a bit crazy and/or dark

How did you find this website: Google search, after reading about asperger in wikipedia

Plans for the future: Getting into neurology research, either via medicine or via informatics.

car_crash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Nov 2004, 11:06 pm

What is your first name? jamie

Hobbies and Interests: listening to music, reading, internet. i adore music

Why are you here? aspergers

When were you diagnosed? aged 18

favourite subjects: i'm no longer at school but when i was it was history

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: too many artists to mention. my favourite band of all time is probably joy division

Books: charles bukowski, jack kerouac, william burroughs, oscar wilde etc

TV shows/Movies: monkey dust/ buffalo 66, the ice storm, gummo

Instrument: none regrettably

Do you like sports? yes. football mainly or what americans refer to as soccer

Family: parents

Clothing: is too important

How did you find this website? i followed a link from wikipedia

Job: none

Plans for the future? i try to avoid plans as one of my favourite things about the future is that its uncertain

Any comments? life with aspergers is rather lonesome

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2004, 12:57 am

Name: Rebecca

Location: Washington State in the USA (but I'm an Australian citizen)

Hobbies/Interests: Harry Potter (mugglenet.com), movies, Broadway musicals (performing arts, in general), some history, and AS

Why are you here: I have Aspergers

When were you diagnosed: October, 2003

Favourite subjects: Spanish, French, and German

Year/Grade: 12

Music: my taste is quite ecclectic, musicals, classic rock (AC/DC), The Town Pants (a small Canadian band that plays Celtic music), anything that you can dance to, anything except for country western

Books: a lot of different ones, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging etc.), The DaVinci Code (quite an AS sort of book), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (extremely AS), and HARRY POTTER (obviously)

TV Shows: South Park, The Daily Show, Iron Chef, and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (hilarious)

Movies: so many, Billy Elliot, Four Weddings and a Funeral, The Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars (the older ones), Indiana Jones, The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Srtictly Ballroom, The Princess Bride, Rain Man, E.T. (the ONLY movie that has ever made me cry), anything Alfred Hitchcock, Harry Potter movies, It's a Wonderful Life (every Christmas), Love Actually, Copycat, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, ... this list could go on an on...

Instruments: none (don't have time...too busy watching movies :wink: )

Sports: none, will sometimes watch rugby or Aussie rules if it's on

Family: Mum, Dad, and me (I'm an only child). My aunt (mum's sister) and uncle live about half of a mile away from us and she has two daughters. My mum's side of the family live in Melbourne, Australia.

Clothing: casual and comfortable

How did you find this website: I don't remember, probably a link from another AS site

Job: I work at the ballet school my parents own (studied it for 13 years)

Plans for future: Not sure yet, still figuring that out.

neolestat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Nov 2004, 5:21 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Kite Flying, Reading, Final Fantasy

Why are you here? AS approved

When were you diagnosed? 2002

Favorite subjects: English Literature

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Punk, Ska, Hip Hop, Trad Jazz, Reggae

Books: Anne Rice, Piers Anthony, Laurell K Hamilton

TV shows/Movies: Hate TV... Movies; Tim Burton, Japanese Godzilla, Anime

Instrument: None

Family: Mum & Step father (divorced) Sister. My daughter

Clothing: Sometimes

Job: IT and Biotech

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2004, 12:35 am

What is your first name? lucy

Hobbies and Interests: sports, drawing, friends, acting

Why are you here? mild aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 10 years ago

Favorite subjects: ap studio art!! ! ooh sex ed too haha

Year/Grade: 10th

Favorite music: alt. rock like weezer, hot hot heat, incubus, soundgarden, emo stuff like that

Books: anything i find

TV shows/Movies: will & grace, the oc (yay) that 70s show

Instrument: i wanna learn guitar

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: hockey, track

Family: love em!! !

Clothing: baggy sports pants w/ girly tank tops or jeans usually

Job: not yet

What are you planning to do when you get older? magazine??? who knows? too early to tell.

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2004, 3:19 pm

What is your first name? J

Hobbies and Interests: Ancient Tech, art, computers, video games, movies, history, theoretical physics, music, writing, sci-fi, electronics, robotics, reading (Zelazny, Clive Barker, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Earle Stanley Gardner, classics, chinese novels (translated, not learned chinese...yet))

Why are you here? AS, ADHD, DepNOS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 4 days ago, though I was told weak attempts were made to discover my distinctness when I was 2, 6, and 13.

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: what I call energy music or anything that is not boring, heavy metal, alt., rap, etc. including but not limited to Ludicris, Offspring, Greenday, Smashing Pumpkins, Black Eyed Peas, etc.

Books: Chinese classic (I have read 2 versions of the Three Kingdoms, and 1 version of Outlaws of the Marsh or 2 of the 4 great chinese classics), Clive Barker, Roger Zelazny, Earle Stanley Gardner, Isaac Asimov, Col. Trevor Nevitt Dupuy, etc)

TV shows/Movies: Simpsons, Futurama, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Perry Mason, CSI, Law and Order, 70's show, Who's Line is It anyway?, Star Wars, LOTR, Forbidden Planet, Spiderman, Fright Night, Spaceballs, Top Secret, Real Genius, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, The Last Starfighter (cheesey, but still fun to watch), Tron, Matrix 1 and 2 (3 was like Halloween three, but it ruined the story), Brotherhood of the Wolf, Princess Bride, The Hitcher, "Absolom, Absolom" (w/ Richard Burton as a preist), Seconds, Dark City, etc just to name a few.

Instrument: Don't really know any at present, but have tried and plan to try again piano and guitar, and in the past violin, flute, saxophone, harmonica, drums.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Would like to play soccor and/or football, like to watch MXC, Sumo wrestling, college basketball.

Family: no, i am single, I have parents and a brother though.

Clothing: usually jeans and t-shirt, avoid suits like the plague and can't stand wool, and most sweaters, and new stiff jeans or pants, only broken in or relaxed fit.

Job: not now, had many before.

What are you planning: what do you mean?

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2004, 8:00 am

Hobbies/interests: Cats, reading, writing, some anime (Serial Experiments Lain, Ghost In the Shell, Akira, Blue Seed, a few others), computers, poker

Why I'm here: Make friends, not feel weird

Diagnosis: Asperger's Syndrome, depression

When were you diagnosised?: Age 14 (although since I was 2 people thought I was autistic; but my mother didn't like the label and therefore avoided getting me DX'ed)

Favorite Subjects: English, marketing

Year/Grade: 11th grade

Favorite music: Rock (Rage Against The Machine, Good Charlotte, Marilyn Manson; a lot of others), some techno, and classical music (it all depends on my mood)

Favorite Books: Brave New World, Guiness Book of World Records (I have many editions, even from the sixties), 1984, and some others I can't think of.

TV Shows/Movies: Blue Seed, Serial Experiments Lain, Akira, A.I., Rose Red, Resident Evil, Office Space, Run Lola Run, Ghost in the shell, Ocean's 11, Howard Lederer's videos, my dad's collection of World Series of Poker DVDs

Sports: Hate them (unless you count fighting...)

Family: Stepmom, Dad, two identical twin stepbrothers (4 yrs.), one stepsister (8 yrs.), one sister (6 yrs. almost 7 yrs.)

Clothes: Cat or saying t-shirt and jeans; blue sneakers

Job: I want to be a Research Librarian, or a copy editor. (or author; but realistically that won't pay bills)

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2004, 4:38 am

What is your first name? Tom

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Comic books, reading, playing bass

Why are you here? as

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 13

Favorite subjects: Art

Favorite music:Beethoven, Jaco Pastorius, The Cure, Hendrix etc

Books: 1984, jd salinger, the acid house, dark materials

TV shows/Movies: American Splendor

Instrument: bass

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: anything for fun

Family: mum dad brother, sister

Clothing: scruffy rags

How did you find this website?searching the net

Job: college

Plans for the future? no idea

CSI_3_Katt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2004, 12:43 am

What is your first name? Katt

Hobbies and Interests: Forensics, Sims, science

Why are you here? I have Asperger's and general anxiety

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Late August

Favorite subjects: Science

Year/Grade: 11/12th I'm repeating a year

Favorite music: Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack and CSI Soundtrack

Books: the CSI series by Max Allan Collins, the Prowlers series by Christopher Golden, and the Body of Evidence series also by Christopher Golden

TV shows/Movies: TV; CSI (all series), In a Fix, Movies; Pirates of the Caribbean, Polar Express, Lord of The Rings trilogy, the Harry Potter movies

Instrument: I've played the recorder, flute, picolo, piano, I know three chords on the guitar, and I know three or so notes on the violin

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: not particularly, I wacth baseball and football occaisionally (when my dad has the remote), and I like ice skating although I'm bad at it myself

Family: mom and dad (and my dog Fiona)

Clothing: I grab whatever's clean in the closet and throw it on usually. I get dressed up for church though.

How did you find this website? My mom was doing some searching and she came across it

Job: don't have one. I want to work at the library, but I'm too lazy to turn in the volunteer form.

Plans for the future? I want to work in the Forensic Science field

Any comments? Not really, just that I hope to meet some cool people here that have similar interests. :D

Dead men tell no tales...unless you're in forensics.

Jack Sparrow is my Hero!

Toukon
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2004, 12:41 am

What is your first name? Elliot

Hobbies and Interests: Architecture, British History, Trains, Programming.

Why are you here? Aspergers

When were you diagnosed? Not officially diagnosed.

Favorite subjects: When I was school I liked Physics + Computing.

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Most pop tunes from the 60s to present

Books: Universe in 6 Numbers, Chaos, Political non fiction.

TV shows/Movies: Don't really watch TV but I like movies, especialy foreign ones (The Ring)

Instrument: Nothing - no ear for music

Do you like sports? Not organised sports - I hike and swim when my body can handle it.

Family: Parents and a younger sister.

Clothing: Jeans, TShirt, jacket. I am no trendsetter though try to look good.

How did you find this website? Browsing

Job: Software Engineer

Plans for the future? Who knows - want to live in Japan for a bit.