The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 991 of 1006 [ 16088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 988, 989, 990, 991, 992, 993, 994 ... 1006  Next

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm

@DeaconsBlues; Oh...My...God.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 6:39 pm

All's well that ends well, one supposes. She's home now; the CPS worker will make a "health and safety" visit sometime in the next week, but that shouldn't be any big deal. Jason and I still have to talk to a police detective, but I can't see how that could go awry, considering they did a medical exam of my daughter and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Still a little shaken and a lot angry that anyone could even think such a thing...

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2015, 8:25 pm

Glad to hear that it ended well! I had a similar run in, many years ago when my daughter was a pre-teen. Fortunately I had a friend who set them straight, since she had once been head of CPS in our town. Something innocent had been stretched way out of proportion. So glad nothing lastingly bad came of it, in both our cases.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 10:09 pm

Greetings, I've read some of the beginning posts and some of the later posts but I not quite sure what this place is.
Is there a chat room somewhere? Or do people get on teamspeak in games?

Thanks for any info. :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 11:41 pm

beady wrote:
Greetings, I've read some of the beginning posts and some of the later posts but I not quite sure what this place is.
Is there a chat room somewhere? Or do people get on teamspeak in games?

Thanks for any info. :)

Hello 'beady,'

This once bustling cafe was filled with people that understood how it was to be diagnosed much later in life. It was like we all found out around the same time and couldn't relate to the younger(to us) skew of WrongPlanet. It was an era and a fantastic learning experience. I would not be the wiser person I now am without experiencing the years we rocked.

What is teamspeak?

Merle

lau
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 1:47 pm

Teamspeak seems to be pretty similar to Skype. Now that Skype has sold out to Microsoftinthehead I'll be switching over to Google Hangouts.

ShyTalking
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2015, 9:09 pm

Seems like I tick all the relevent boxes. I can talk and type but to me the art of conversation is difficult. First post, get in.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 12:22 pm

welcome shy talking! I do understand how difficult it is to start to type. One thing I have realized is you are here to tell your story, to sing your song in your own way. Start by just replying to me and express what you need to through the therapy and comfort of your fingers on the keys. Don't stop and re-read it, or impulsively decide it is all bad so just delete it quickly and stare at that blank page again.
Try remembering when you realized that those boxes you ticked brought you here. That's always a start.

ShyTalking
Toucan
Toucan

11 Apr 2015, 7:05 pm

Thanks sinsboldly for the warm welcome and sound advice. I will endeavour to persevere.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 8:01 pm

Can I come in, dx at 58. Weird, but happy.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 12:21 am

Come on in! Dx'ed at 56, here. Sure answers a lot of questions about your life, doesn't it!?

lau
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

Alexanderplatz wrote:
Can I come in, dx at 58. Weird, but happy.

Hey! Not fair. Me be DX at 57 - you beat that by a year. Sob. My crown has be detached from my cranium.

My brian seems to be acting up a little today. Please excuse the mumblings of a decrepit old nerdle-trinkel.

Pling.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 10:59 am

oh, my you had better take care of brian!

:roll:

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm

Yes does answer lots of questions, and in many ways quite a groove, in many ways not. I've come across later diagnosis than myself.

The dx is the answer that plunks the whole life jigsaw into place. Have thought I was mad, lazy, on permanent lte from lsd, stupid, bad, epilepsy without the fits, battered as a baby, schizoid somethingorother disorder or bipolar in a very modest way. Until someone started to drop hints hadn't the first foggiest clue I could be aspergeroid. Well, I'm here, dx'd for four months.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 2:28 pm

Deacon Blues: How are you doing?
Over here in the other Vancouver, the first one, we have sold our big house and are living in a tiny condo fifty yards from an empty lot where we will build a house for us, our autistic daughter, and her companion home provider to age in. My husband sold his pediatric dentistry practice and is working for someone else now as a relaxing change of pace as we engage in the process of scaling down.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm

And so, another moth drifts by...

(An extra 'h' would have been better there)

Back from a six week amble up, from Spain, through France. The mosquitos enjoyed me.

Gramply tuna. Scrrimpule ant contour placation?