The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 993 of 1006 [ 16088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995, 996 ... 1006  Next

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2015, 1:32 am

postpaleo wrote:
Ya it has been and, not to worry, have a new recipe.

"asperger's was taken out of the DSM-V"
Is this true?

Yes, but under ISD-10 i believe it is still classed as aspergers until review in 2017, apparently ISD-10 is supposedly international, and DSM-V under ""WHO"" is more an american localised point of view.. So i suppose it depends on what ""Bible"" your physician wants to take the information from, however, if i haven't misunderstood, those that wish to keep ""Aspergers"" as a form of identity can do so, however i dont know again if this is outside the US or internationally.. Im sure someone would have a better idea than myself at this moment in time :)

lau
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2015, 12:59 pm

Hiya Postie....

The change to Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders came in two and a half years ago. DSM-5 doesn't have Asperger syndrome any more, so you can't have got it as a diagnosis for that long.

The WHO publish the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, which is due a revision in a couple of years time, and may well adopt the same approach as DSM-5.

At least here in the UK, I get to keep my syndrome, as they aren't going to mess about reclassifying everyone.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 1:49 pm

Hello unto all, as there are times I feel I don't have much in relation to the younger generation of autistic people.However, I try to be dipolomatic and so forth therefore, I'll simply say some difficulties become greater whereas others become lesser over time.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 2:54 am

Not that I ever was, my point being. I have enough intials after my name to make even a "pure aspie" blush. Get to the point, I didn't care. Oh, I get a bit nutty from time to time, but nothing major, I'm comfortable with it. My lady still puts up with me and wants the baby. Now that is nuts. For those that don't know, I'm 65, she is 35 and wants a kid.... sheeese. Be better if she could do a grandkid and send it home, but no.

I always thought the whole "aspie" concept was a bit broad, the further I deleved into it the more complxitys, I see. But, to this day, fits like a glove, something was lacking and still is, in the harshness of the new. I don't think they know it all, yet. And I do think we're still in the dark ages of mental care, let alone calling it a name. I suspect some we will call "normal" one day. I don't think they know they have it, yet. ;p

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 3:03 am

hi kazanscube

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 3:22 am

I'm supposed to go look for a new car tomarrow, err today, can I hide here? I do not want to deal with a car salesman, new or used. I have no drugs, I only have alchohol. God she's going to hate me tomarrow. Cheers!! !

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 3:39 am

lau wrote:

At least here in the UK, I get to keep my syndrome, as they aren't going to mess about reclassifying everyone.

Which, in hinde sight, was more to what I was wondering.

Man, I get so upset when the news says someone died with a gun, I know they're going to pin it on a mental issue and not report it well. Christ, I saved a life and lost one and I have mental issues, the rest just stood by the side and did nothing, both times.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 3:58 am

It's not funny but it is, remember this...when you save a life, you didn't really do it, you know everyone else that was involved.

Here is the hard part, when you don't save a life and you tried, not anyones fault. We tried.

Try, most will just watch.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2015, 10:04 am

Paleo, I'd like to hear more of both stories.
As for people not helping when someone is dying, I would expect that. I and everybody I know will not act if we feel helpless or incompetent. And most of us are incompetent at most things. And most of those of the neurotypical persuasion look for permission from the surrounding people before doing something, and when the surrounding people are also looking for permission, everyone is standing around staring wondering what they should do. Or so it seems to me.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 4:16 pm

greetings postpaleo..

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm

Hi, All,
I'm feeling pleased right now. We've broken the impasse on building the house for us and our daughter, which involves a step-wise approach.
My young adult science fiction is floating around the world. Four more reviews on Amazon, and the behemoth will add my book to the line-up of similar books Amazon shows you when you buy a book. Yes!
And a short story has been accepted for the Crossover Alliance Anthology 2. Slowly getting traction on a writing career.
So I've stopped beating my head on the wall. For a while. 8)

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2015, 2:05 am

lelia wrote:
As for people not helping when someone is dying, I would expect that. I and everybody I know will not act if we feel helpless or incompetent. And most of us are incompetent at most things. And most of those of the neurotypical persuasion look for permission from the surrounding people before doing something, and when the surrounding people are also looking for permission, everyone is standing around staring wondering what they should do. Or so it seems to me.

First story.

I was in the Army out at McGregor Range, White Sands NM, booneys, miles from no where, I liked it. A few friends and I dicided to do some drugs, on a week end. We all did the same damn thing, the other guys wondered off, I stayed with the guy that had never done it. All was well for a while and then he got sick and over all was feeling not so well, nothing I could do to fix it. Our Medics were from Viet Nam, pros in all sorts of things, trust our lives to those guys. But safe to just go see in any event, so I did, took him there. He felt better, as did I, and we went back to our barrecks, but before I left the head medic said, to me, if he gets sick again, get me. I had to do that and I ran when I did. They couldn't find his blood pressure and it was one of the longest rides I have ever done, getting my friend to El Paso. It was his apendix, of all times to have it happen, I can't imagine what he went through. He lived.

A while later his parents came to the unit, ate in the mess hall with everyone. My Sergent came over to our table and said they wanted to meet me, I was to shy to go and damn if he didn't have a beatiful sister, but I was to shy to go. :)

I helped, the medics and the docs in El Paso did it.

One of the last times, I hope. I was in a mall, an old duffer went down and a young mall cop was trying to do cpr. I helped, taking pulse, told him to clear the air way first and when he did, some young thing said "yuck", becasue he had false teeth. Honest to god I never wanted to hit someone more then I did her at that moment. He didn't make it. I still feel like I f*cked up and the young cop was a real hero. The young girl that said "yuuuuck"? I think she has thought about the rage in my face long enough and I'm sorry, even about that.

They just stand around and I don't understand it.

Did I ever tell you I actually volunteered for Viet Nam? Talk about a bad day...whew....

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2015, 4:16 am

lelia wrote:

well damn, I wrote another and forgot to hit send, or was it something else? It's gone, enjoy :)

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2015, 5:57 pm

Thanks, paleo

lau
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 10:53 am

And a happy early christmas to everyone. (Just in case I forget. :))

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 2:56 pm

Thank you Lau..