Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

person01
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm

Hello, I am a 24 year old male and I am new to this website and not on the spectrum that I am aware of. I joined this website to get opinions from people with autism/Asperger and to learn more about people who have these conditions. I am currently seeing a psychologist for anxiety/depression and being evaluated for OCD. It was during the eval. that my psychologist mentioned that a lot of the things I was describing could be autism or OCD. Please dont judge but some of my quirks are rubbing my face and smelling fingers repeatedly, not wearing tennis shoes unless i have to because I cant stand if they are not tied to the same tightness, rubbing fingernails with my finger tips, and I have a whole ritual around sleep that I wont get into. In addition, my social skills are pretty horrendous I do not function well around other people.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2017, 5:47 pm

Hi, welcome. Stims and sensory issues are not necessarily exclusive to ASD. I hope your psychologist can help you find the answers you need.

person01
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2017, 7:38 pm

Thank you. I hope so too, my OCD type habits and rituals don't bother me but my social awkwardness does. So I hope they address that :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:37 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:58 pm

Good evening. You are in the right place for plenty of other company who are facing or influenced by various psychological-conditions or unique-habits of their own. I have the extreme habit of distrusting U.S. government.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2017, 7:17 am

Your latter habit might be founded in some truth...

(I sincerely hope that this comment doesn't start a flame war...)

In any case, welcome to the forums.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

person01
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Feb 2017, 11:59 am

Thank you for the welcome to the forums. Does anyone know if the neurodiverse test is a reliable and valid measure?