Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mannybear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2008, 3:36 am

My psychologist / coworker recommended this website to me.

I am currently 23 and I was diagnosed with AS last month after having a psychological profile done so I could teach at a local community college.

When I was six years old I was placed in special education for a semester until I verbally harassed a teacher's aide until she cried.

I was sent for a series of profile and placement exams that diagnosed me as ADD and ODD and placed me in what is now considered the 99.999th percentile. I was placed on Ritalin for about 4 months but with no positive changes I was taken off of it.

With the exception of the most basic concepts of arithmetic—I only carry 20s on me because it literally takes me several minutes to even count basic amounts of change—my academic record is flawless.

I had pretty much no friends growing up—I still have no friends—I could not play sports for various whatevers.

When I was seven years old my mother purchased a computer and that had an electronic twelve CD encyclopedia bundled with it; between the encyclopedia and the computer it was my life.

By the time I was eleven or so I had pretty much stopped talking in school because people did not understand me or even care to listen.

My eighth grade year of school is one of the worst years of my life.

By the time I had started the eighth grade I was 'already set in my ways'; my speech I kept as limited, as monotone and as formal possible when talking to people in public, I started dressing in a black button up dress shirt with a white undershirt, black dress pants and combat boots. I can ruin a pair of regular shoes in two weeks. I still dress this way, I was the only pmc in Iraq that refused to dress in uniform.

Columbine happened on April 20th of my eighth grade and I was placed in On School Suspension for "my own protection", over the next thirty days I was beat continuously at school, on one of those occasions the principal even helped and then told my mother the wounds were self-inflicted.

On a side note that principal went to prison four years ago after locking a student inside a vending machine and tipping it over.

After my eighth grade year I started going to home school. I completed my high school course work before the summer was over but I decided against telling my mother and I mailed in the packets according to the schedule.

While "sitting at home doing nothing all day" I started my own computer repair business which branched out into web developed, then to computer programming and eventually to quantum computation.

When I was fourteen I submitted parts of my portfolio to a CMU contest and I won and after months of questioning, accusations of plagiarism and my mother calling me a liar and thief like she had done my entire life, I was rewarded with being grounded for an entire year.

Right after I turned fifteen, I got a job working for the city doing computer repair and setting up new computers in anticipation for Windows 2000. I became very good friends with a judge, who I still consider a father even today. He helped me become emancipated in November of 1999 and in January of 2000 I started at MIT. Never to have any real interaction with my family again.

I was at MIT on a scholar ship for two semesters. I did exceptionally well academic wise but on research projects and social interactions... I simply could not.

Fear and depression prevented me from going to class during the summer semester and as a result I lost my scholarship.

The judge got me a job working at Texas Instruments in Dallas and allowed me to lease an apartment in his name.

While working at Texas Instruments, I attended the Art Institute and UT at Dallas.

By the time I turned 20 I had my culinary degree, bachelor's of computer engineering and my bachelor's of interdisciplinary studies.

I got a job working for a private military company and was shipped Thanksgiving of 2005 to FOB Endurance outside of Iraq. After several complaints I was required to take a full a psych exam where it was determined I had a borderline personality disorder and was not fit to work as pmc.

I moved back to my home town and tried to visit my mother, who called me a lair and said I probably in a mental institution or jail the entire time.

I had enough money saved up that I was able to open up a restaurant, Mobile Travel Guide and Texas AAA both gave me 4 star ratings. I still had no real friends, no mate. I can get sex, that is easy, a lot easier when you do not care about the other person.

I became really depressed for along time, I closed my restaurant, supported myself as a writer and essayist.

I started back to school to get my master's degree in literature and I could knock 24 credits off by teaching, so I applied for a job at a partnered community college.

One of professors conducting my psych evaluation told me I had Asperger's Syndrome.

My AS causes a lot of problems for me, even as an adult I am still picked on. There are things I feel more comfortable doing that people do not understand.

I walk every night to the store at 11:00pm every night and atleast once a week I am stopped and harassed by cops.

I like the way I dress, it is the only way I feel comfortable plus by buying my clothing in bulk I save a lot of money and I know exactly what I am going to wear.

If you ask me to explain something, be prepared to feel stupid and for me to get upset; it is not intentional but it is the result.

Do not expect me to comment or discuss something and if I do please be prepared to become upset or bored.

If you are talking or explaining something to me you need to write it down otherwise I am not going to understand and I can promise you I will not remember.

Yes my humor is more dry and obscure than a British Star Trek convention, I do not expect you to understand or even listen.

—I have written enough at this point to have forgotten why I was writing in the first place so lets just end it here.

weebo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2008, 4:17 am

hi nice to meet you and welcome to the site :D

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 4:24 am

Hi,

Welcome on the Planet.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 5:44 am

Hi Mannybear,

Sounds like you were lucky finding that judge who helped you. As for the rest, yeah, that's the way it goes...

Welcome to WP.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:10 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 11:28 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet, fellow-traveler Mannybear. In recommending WP, your psychologist/coworker gave you a wise recommendation. Your eighth-grade principal actually locked a student in a vending machine and then kicked the vending machine over? I must stop thinking that I've heard it all. Take great care of yourself, Mannybear, and welcome once again to WP.

Last edited by JetLag on 19 Sep 2008, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2008, 11:44 am

Yeah, I kept getting done in school for "plagiarism" when it was my own work. My middle school history teacher was a complete b***h. She had a go at me in front of the class saying I "copied from the internet and Encarta Encylopedia" and becuase the whole class laughed at her when I pointed out that I didn't have a computer let alone the Internet I got detention. I also used to get in fights all the time but people left me alone after I kept repeatedly beating the "toughest kid" in the year every time he started on me.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 2:37 pm

Then say hello.

Mannybear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2008, 4:26 pm

hello