Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

clarkey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2008, 7:14 am

Hi I would like to introduce myself I am Nick the founder of my own website ihaveaspergers.co.uk

I apologise for my website layout with my AS story being 1 big paragraph but not have the funding to pay a website designer and dont know how to do it myself. I asked people to help set up my website properly but they never get round to helping me.

I will add more to my AS story, will go through how I coped with AS as a child during my School years and how I coped after I left School at College. I went through School being bullied and the teachers at the time never knew I had AS and thought I was not paying attention in class on purpose and at the time AS was not know by Teaching Staff.

I also would like to have my own forum board so if anyone knows anyone that could help set up my website then please send me a personal message.

At the moment not happy with my website layout and would like it set up in a better layout that looks more professional so hope to get some help setting it up.

Regards Nick :D

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 7:26 am

You obviously didn't read the rules. You're supposed to actually contribute before you advertise your own website.

On sabbatical...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 7:27 am

Hope your website works out well. I'm making one called aspergersgirl.com. :)

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Sep 2008, 7:51 am

nce, I didn't have the time to read it all yet, one reason: it's very difficult to read.
You should enclose all paragraphs in <p> </p> tags, that would help a lot

Last edited by PilotPirx on 14 Sep 2008, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 7:51 am

Quatermass wrote:
You obviously didn't read the rules. You're supposed to actually contribute before you advertise your own website.

You certainly have a point. And one wonders why he couldn't learn the simple ane obvious command to break a page up into paragraphs. Even if there was a big learning disability, that wouldn't be hard to learn. I gave him a hint here of what it is. And I learned HTML source the obvious way, so he could as well.<<<another hint(maybe 2) Oh well, I am STILL trying to "wrap my brain around" some of the more subtle tricks to getting income on the internet, so I guess I will stop.

If you really feel so strongly about the ad bit, maybe you should mark the thread for deletion.

clarkey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2008, 8:40 am

Sorry I did not know I was breaking the rules, I with my AS find rules to be an obstacle when a website is going to help people understand better I will delete my account from this forum.

Weirdobird
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Sep 2008, 8:55 am

Hi Clarkey,

I got a blog that can do all that from WordPress, started populating it with my journey from extreme ill health to improved health and happiness, then realized on it about being an aspie. It is really easy to use, have you looked at WordPress as a solution?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 9:01 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

zebedee
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2008, 10:31 am

Clarkey,

If you want something easy to look after and your own domain name still wordpress is probably the way to go. I'd be happy to help you install it on your hosting and stuff if you need a hand but it is pretty easy anyway!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 10:55 am

clarkey wrote:
Sorry I did not know I was breaking the rules, I with my AS find rules to be an obstacle when a website is going to help people understand better I will delete my account from this forum.

welcome to WP clarkey! You will find we ALL have AS in some way or another, so stuff like 'rules being an obstacle' won't fly as an excuse here.

Try looking at THIS website: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt12459.html

Merle

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 7:38 pm

clarkey wrote:
Hi I would like to introduce myself I am Nick the founder of my own website

Hi Clarkey, welcome.. we often love to share other peoples stories here, but its how you do it. I site up my own site, a huge learning curve for me.. my advice is learn yourself, because others can cause you site once live more problems... but many find it easier to start off with a blog :wink:

Amitiel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2008, 9:28 pm

clarkey wrote:

don't do that --- welcome clarkey, hang around for while 8)

I interested to read your website.

Moderators [with respect] please be a little more gentle with Clarky - he didn't mean any harm, and I don't see that he has caused any harm, and he is new.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 4:50 pm

I am glad I have ADD, that site is too unreadable, which is to bad, since he put a lot of word stuff
intoo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bunnies