Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 4:10 pm

alex wrote:
Maybe men should be prohibited from posting in the women's forum.

I'm not against that. I don't need to know what goes on in there :P
But unfortunately curiosity will kill the cat. Some guys (or people who identify as guys) will sneak in under an alt and cause problems. It might actually do more harm than good, but I guess you won't know till you try.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 4:59 pm

alex wrote:
Maybe men should be prohibited from posting in the women's forum.

Might be an idea. On my women's liking rich vs not rich post a certain well know argumentative, disliker of women, poster made it feel a bit invaded. Although some men have valid points. Could there be a banned from the women's forum if they act up thing??

I also don't think a men's forum is a terrible idea as long as it isn't used for misogynist reasons. I guess men have issues they wouldn't like women commenting on too. Although with some attitudes it would have to be tightly moderated which would be an issue

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 5:10 pm

I would be against segregation as well. I don't post a lot in the Women's Discussion forum, but as a gay person, I often relate more to women, so I'd still appreciate the option of being able to post there from time to time.

--Aldous Huxley

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 5:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
I think that in the interest of equality, the women's forum should be eliminated. But that's just my opinion. This website may not be perfect, but it's likely the best we'll ever see for people like us.

Let Alex decide what he wants for his website - it isn't as if we own any part of it, anyway. We're here at his pleasure, and we could just as easily be banned at his pleasure, too.

So why don't you start your own "No Women Allowed" website?

But than where would women be able to take about periods and bodily things without men being able to make jokes about it. Also th woman's forum is mostly about makeup, fashion, bra pet peeves, periods all things men probably wouldnt want on the adult chat :).

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:08 pm

Alliekit I would like for you to explain to me why a man's forum needs more moderation than a woman's forum.

I don't think you thought that through fully. Are you implying men break the rules more than women?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:10 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I think that in the interest of equality, the women's forum should be eliminated. But that's just my opinion. This website may not be perfect, but it's likely the best we'll ever see for people like us. Let Alex decide what he wants for his website - it isn't as if we own any part of it, anyway. We're here at his pleasure, and we could just as easily be banned at his pleasure, too. So why don't you start your own "No Women Allowed" website?
But than where would women be able to take about periods and bodily things without men being able to make jokes about it. Also the woman's forum is mostly about makeup, fashion, bra pet peeves, periods all things men probably wouldnt want on the adult chat.
Most of the topics in the Women's Forum are boring to me; but then I have three sisters, I'm married, and my wife has three sisters of her own. There's probably nothing in the Women's Forum that I haven't heard about and that any adult male past the age of 35 doesn't know about already.

As for "sensitive issues", where would men be able to talk about priapism, impotence, swollen prostates, an gynecomastia without women being able to make jokes about it? In their physician's office, of course. Men don't need emotional affirmation as much as we need valid information.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:15 pm

oh never mind, this thread is actually exploding from all the implying going on :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:20 pm

I would hate it if a Men's Forum was filled with nothing except posts about boob size, masturbatory methods, penis size, variations on Internet Rule 34, complaints about being unable to get a date, whines about "Why do women hate me?", and rants about "All women are stuck-up". And if the shoe fits, wear it!

There is no need for a forum that allows for men to express hatred, sexism, and general misogyny; but I would welcome a Men's Forum that focuses solely on men's health issues instead.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:23 pm

Do men actually talk about men's health issues with other men? Serious question.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:32 pm

Yigeren wrote:
Do men actually talk about men's health issues with other men? Serious question.
Yes, we do ...

HE: "You hurt?"
ME: "Yep."
HE: "Bleeding?"
HE: "Should see a doc."
ME: "Gonna go after work."
HE: "'Kay. See ya."
ME: "See ya."

... all the time!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 9:37 pm

:lol:

That's what I thought. Women often like to talk about women's health issues. I usually do not, especially online. Sometimes I will talk about things with my mother or sister, though.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 12:59 am

Fnord wrote:
I would hate it if a Men's Forum was filled with nothing except posts about boob size, masturbatory methods, penis size, variations on Internet Rule 34, complaints about being unable to get a date, whines about "Why do women hate me?", and rants about "All women are stuck-up". And if the shoe fits, wear it!

There is no need for a forum that allows for men to express hatred, sexism, and general misogyny; but I would welcome a Men's Forum that focuses solely on men's health issues instead.

What's wrong with men talking about penis size and our feelings about it?
Or about pens is shape or do shape or other conditions we have concern about but don't feel comfortable talking about around women.

Fnord wrote:
Yigeren wrote:
Yes, we do ...

HE: "You hurt?"
HE: "Bleeding?"
HE: "Should see a doc."
ME: "Gonna go after work."
HE: "'Kay. See ya."
ME: "See ya."

... all the time!

Hope that your being sarcastic

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 2:51 am

Yigeren wrote:
^ I suspect that it would cause resentment. I'm not sure there even is a good solution to this. I don't often post in the women's forum, but I usually don't mind if men post in a respectful way. I don't feel a need to keep men from posting there.

I think that there are many women who feel differently, however, and would want the women's forum to only allow women to post.

Should the LGBT forum only allow LGBT people to post? Should NTs be prohibited from posting in the General Autism Discussion forum?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 2:56 am

dcj123 wrote:
Alliekit I would like for you to explain to me why a man's forum needs more moderation than a woman's forum.

I don't think you thought that through fully. Are you implying men break the rules more than women?

I would not normally suggest this but due to recent attitudes on wp it might be necessary for first month or something

Also getting sick and tired of certain males who are posting on my women not liking rich men thread! I don't want to argue with you

Can we make certain threads only accessable to women please??

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 3:26 am

Alliekit wrote:
... Can we make certain threads only accessible to women please??
That is not technically feasible. It would be both easier and more effective to deal directly with members who trash and troll such threads.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 3:33 am

i do not consider it unfair that women have a subsection and men do not.

i think there are issues that women want to discuss with other women that they ordinarily find embarrassing in a wider social setting, and that a mans input into would be of little use toward discussion.
for example, how to deal with menstruation, how to deal with sore breasts, how to cope during pregnancy, and many other things.

men do not have many if any bodily processes or concerns that are not shared by women (excepting penile problems), and so do not need a sanctuary for their concerns.

women go through a much more severe change of life when transiting from "viable" to "elderly", while men age in a much more subtle way, so while you may lament your inferiority to young women of your age, when you get older, the women you are bitter toward become vastly less dominant in the esteem of society.

then it balances out (assuming you live that long)