MODERATOR ATTENTION: How to get help when you need it

Page 33 of 42 [ 625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 42  Next

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 5:26 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i've deleted the whole despicable exchange.

sorry about that...

Empathy wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=354702&p=7724828#p7724828 Not that I need the help,- but others will.

I consider that an open apology.

Maybe when some people learn what is and isn't acceptable, the foul language can be avoided. I have noticed the casual use of some terms I wouldn't dare use still being strewn on that page though and that shouldn't go without warning. Its happened twice now, and I don't consider it casually offensive.
It is offensive. Editing it out won't make a lot of difference if it is allowed to go on. (Has Alex relaxed the rules in favour of some male users?) If so, maybe tear down the Women's Sub Forum, as we clearly won't be needing it.
I'm not really in the mood to partake in future elected adult capital punishment.
Seeing as I had another fairly similar strange female response having being rewritten and then sounding remotely like a multiple user from a soon to be exiled border, I'd say use of language is worth checking out, and being edited again to show it definitely is not acceptable to all users.

The only embarrassment later would be permanent exile,- once all future ties have remained severed.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 2:23 am

Wrong Section: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=356438

Think it should go in social skills and making friends.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2017, 5:06 pm

TornadoEvil wrote:

Think it should go in social skills and making friends.

I'm sure those who know where it is, will continue to bring everlasting peace to the forum.. :|

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:38 pm

Is there a way to know which moderator is online, in the event that a member were to want to send them a private message? Or, do we send one to any of the moderators, in hopes they will receive it, soon? Thanks very much.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:57 pm

Britte wrote:
Is there a way to know which moderator is online, in the event that a member were to want to send them a private message? Or, do we send one to any of the moderators, in hopes they will receive it, soon? Thanks very much.

The only possible way would be to add all the moderators to your "friends" list, and then click on "My Account" to see which of your friends are online. I'm not sure if this really works though.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 4:22 pm

^Thank you very much, TheAP. I sincerely appreciate the information/instructions you have provided me with.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 4:45 pm

Empathy wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
i've deleted the whole despicable exchange.

sorry about that...

Empathy wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=354702&p=7724828#p7724828 Not that I need the help,- but others will.

I consider that an open apology.

Maybe when some people learn what is and isn't acceptable, the foul language can be avoided. I have noticed the casual use of some terms I wouldn't dare use still being strewn on that page though and that shouldn't go without warning. Its happened twice now, and I don't consider it casually offensive.
It is offensive. Editing it out won't make a lot of difference if it is allowed to go on. (Has Alex relaxed the rules in favour of some male users?) If so, maybe tear down the Women's Sub Forum, as we clearly won't be needing it.
I'm not really in the mood to partake in future elected adult capital punishment.
Seeing as I had another fairly similar strange female response having being rewritten and then sounding remotely like a multiple user from a soon to be exiled border, I'd say use of language is worth checking out, and being edited again to show it definitely is not acceptable to all users.

The only embarrassment later would be permanent exile,- once all future ties have remained severed.

i don't let language bother me unless it is used in an attack. it's the attack, not the language, that is most problematic. people who swear tend to be more honest.

Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Nov 2017, 4:54 pm

TheAP wrote:
Britte wrote:

The only possible way would be to add all the moderators to your "friends" list, and then click on "My Account" to see which of your friends are online. I'm not sure if this really works though.

It might not always work. I think there is a delay from the last time someone is active, so it could still be sent to someone who has gone offline over the last 5 or so minutes. At least that has happened to me on other forums.

http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Wolves - second only to turtles <3

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 7:46 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Empathy wrote:

i don't let language bother me unless it is used in an attack. it's the attack, not the language, that is most problematic. people who swear tend to be more honest.

Swearing against a decision doesn't have to be a personal attack and it certainly doesn't prove anything.
Besides, its use of name calling and demoralising comments which ruin the whole atmosphere..
when its clear a rude disruptive/dismissive(if it can be helped) language is not what anyone wants.
Tone of debates aren't as much of a nuisance as say the person who is starting it all..or ganging up on someone who is shedding valuable points. What's the point of us contributing, if Americans don't like a single thing about us Brits?

This site would be better managed by paid staff, then maybe it wouldn't be so thankless. And more apologies could be issued, instead of letting knowledgeable multiple users get their way on here. When they face exile, which indeed they will, it won't be through endless debates about it. Same thing when Trump gets a standing ovation, it's from actual supporters. Some lead and then it gets more tangles and heated up in a silly one sided triangle, I'm seeing users do this on virtually every News and Religious Topic, so we can't even make honest even silly non journalistic comments
about something stupid because everything is so bloody serious all the time.

I hope the tone of this is not putting you off. 8O

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:04 pm

One thing this site is good for is support.
One thing it's not good for is mutual civil debate and light humour.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 6:14 pm

Please move to Adult Autism Issues. viewtopic.php?t=356853

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 7:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=357103&p=7747377#p7747377

Slightly annoying members trying to rewrite their own editorial on other people. Magazines assume interest, no one seems to know what it is about or what anyone is saying. A particular member is using his own outrage to underline his own sadistic interests in this area. And I never asked for it to be moved from Fitness to that other side forum.
And I want it locked. Sarcasm, sexism and Abuse of other members is vehement here. My fault for side lining other interests for hope of a more mature response has reached centre stage.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 5:31 pm

Please ban my account. It appears that people speaking the message of my extermination are protected here. This place has become a safe haven for people who openly support the message of neo-Nazis and the KKK, as well as their fascist leader in my country. I am terrified at what the world and mankind is becoming, and here the message of hate and ethnic cleansing is not only protected, but openly celebrated as well. I do not belong here. I never did belong here, if this is the kind of place that Wrong Planet was destined to become.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 8:19 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
Please ban my account. I do not belong here. I never did belong here, if this is the kind of place that Wrong Planet was destined to become.

Wrong Planet is just that, wrong.. and it can more often take people for granted. Just thought I'd wish you well and hope with you that your mother pulls through strongly in her heart op next month. :)

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 11:46 pm

I don't know how or why, but for some reason this showed:

I hope I'm not being a snitch to anyone, but can someone change this glitch that has happened on my profile?