Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2018, 6:42 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Unless, of course, the troll (if there even is one, or more) is an Aspie themselves, or a friend or relation of one, and got royally p*ssed at someone here.But still... playing Gollum with a bunch of Aspies just isn't that exciting a life, is it?

I mean sure I guess so but couldn't they just go doxx that person if they really cared all that much? DDOS/Distributed Denial of Service Attack is already illegal so obviously the law means nothing to them. All that I can think of is probably some kind of creeper fantasy they must have got going on like an emotional vulnerability fetish, that's what I would assume of them.

B19 wrote:
I've had about a week of these constant frustrations, and it has been getting me down. It affects the moderating software too, so we are doubly affected. Things take so much more time to accomplish and that is stressful and annoying.

What are your thoughts, is this likely the result of some kind of attack like a DDOS?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 7:17 pm

I don't have the knowledge to answer that. But hopefully others do.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2018, 1:01 am

B19 wrote:
I don't have the knowledge to answer that. But hopefully others do.

Would be nice. I am thinking of studying software but uncertain on specific area so who knows could end up being network security.

Would be interesting to know if the bad guys are easily side stepping Cloudflare which is supposed to protect against a DDOS attack. Hopefully it isn't so easy that script kiddies can bypass it. Stuff like that frustrates me, when "professionals" like CloudFlare prove to be so inept(I remember when Sony got hacked and it turned out all the customer's CC numbers were in a Notepad file, all this when there was next to nothing in place to stop the hackers). I think sites have to pay CloudFlare but at this point I think they owe you guys a full refund TBH. I mean the whole point of CloudFlare is to prevent sites going offline in these cases which they've failed to do so.

I at least hope that if I would ever do network security my work is at least good enough to stop the little kid cyber attackers.

alex
Developer
Developer

19 Feb 2018, 2:36 pm

Sorry didn't know about this thread but I'm aware of the issues. Basically cloudflare is causing all sorts of problems. I had to temporarily disable SSL. But will be working on making this my priority to fix everything.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:42 pm

alex wrote:
Sorry didn't know about this thread but I'm aware of the issues. Basically cloudflare is causing all sorts of problems. I had to temporarily disable SSL. But will be working on making this my priority to fix everything.

Thank you

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 6:54 pm

Don't tell anyone Alex posted or we'll have a Alex bashing session from a bunch of ungrateful bastards :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 8:10 am

Unable to access WP most of the night due to these error messages

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 11:19 am

WrongPlanet is a great resource----but it can be a frustrating resource, too.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2018, 5:47 pm

Looks like the SLA is impacted on the cloud service agreement encrpted via the SSL and until our tech leads get onto it,
the apache filters may all break down and we will be in even deeper disagreement with the encrption providers used to start up the current captchas, currently bugging all our expensive ultra expensive or old vulnerable devices.

The encrypted software is bound to run amok on all Vulnerability Disclosures of the host server and get it into trouble.

If Cloud Fare is the culprit here, its not participating with peoples own servers. The case, for manhandling this product data needs to be repaired or destroyed via the encryptions that are taking place between the client and the server.
Like, splitting up the encryption data it uses for site surveillance and dumping all the back scripts down their own free portals.
The time it takes for the data to reach their cloud servers, their own weather portal shuts itself down. I have found on all my devices the same, 'cannot reach server portal.' ' Connection Down.'

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 11:20 am

Things have been finally working properly lately. At least for me. However now our love potion spammer is back to screw up the site.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 10:12 pm

I don't think the issues this site has been having as anything to do with DDOS attacks. I think it's just a bad database issue. Unfortunately, this forum is aging. I hope it's worth upgrading. It makes me wonder where folks are going who have an interest in communicating with like-minded people. I've been Autism and Aspergers on Reddit, but there's no sort of organization to it. All of the threads appear under the same umbrella of Autism or Aspergers.

Forums like this allow for an organization and division of interests and subjects.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 7:40 am

The site was unavailable most of the night due to cloudfare error messages

B19
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 4:12 pm

I got both timeout or bad gateway error messages for hours.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 1:13 pm

Every day I visit I see the same thing. Error 501 followed by Error 524 followed by Error 521, then the site comes back.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 6:09 pm

Last night was another night WP was unavailable for long time.
I like to post autism news stories at night but at some point I will do the smart thing and get more sleep.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 7:48 am

Again WP was unavailable overnight. Looking at the times people posted WP was unavailable for 8 hours or so. Most other businesses closed or down without warning or explanation as often as this one is (and user-unfriendly as this one is) would be out of business. The only reasons this is still here is the customers have an unusual amount of loyalty due to repetitive behaviors and relative lack of competition.

I have said it before and will say it again. This software is so down the rabbit hole, it probably needs to be rewritten from scratch or be purchased by another company and their software be modified for us. That might mean a very long downtime with the heavy risk we might get used to life without WP and find other options, but IMHO that that is where we are and have been ever since this software arrived several years ago.

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 27 Mar 2018, 11:16 am, edited 4 times in total.