Page 9 of 16 [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:22 am

Jacoby wrote:
You are still wrong, I feel like you are really stretching to justify a decision that you already made and if that is something worthy of a warning then there probably is one every thread and it is not even close to possible to fairly distinguish.

You are entitled to your view, of course. I don't agree.

Jacoby wrote:
I don't recall anybody getting warned when they all said good riddance to Fnord, hypocrites!

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way that you could have information about who has been warned about what unless you are a mod or admin or have hacked the site. So there can be no factual basis for your claims of bias in incidents around attacks on Fnord, unless you were one of the attackers and didn't get a warning.

I see all the mods doing their best to fairly interpret the rules, we are likely, as human beings, to carry various kinds of implicit bias and selective focus, that's why there is a team and we consult when interpretations are tricky. Alex makes the rules because it's his site and we do the best we can to make them work.

Like Dox, I have to focus on other responsibilities for a while and I think I have said all I can usefully say here. By all means, complain to Alex if you think the rules need revision or the other mods if you think I am a loose canon.

I wouldn't miss it if I didn't have to do this any more, but I love this place and feel obligated to it and they asked me so I will try my best.

And please, everybody, try not to make other people the subject of negative remarks! There is a huge difference between "you are an idiot" and "that idea is idiotic." Going for the idea is always the right choice.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:45 am

how does that fit the time you(Ad) stated me having issues with being a stepmother,
in a topic of a stepmother who searched to ally us with her plans to sceme a mother out of custody, because autism, that even her new loveproject, the father, wouldn't want to do? which went into a fit between those seeing a bad intention and others clinging on the alleged drugabuse of prescibed drugs by the mother as a valid reason to second that plan
but i was having issues, really
i was only thinking don't hop on that bus because it has autism written on it

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jan 2017, 11:04 am

I appreciate that it is a job that you took upon yourself, we all have are own things that we are dealing with and I understand the limitations beyond your control as a mod you have to put up with too, it's thankless and I imagine pretty frustrating at times. My issue is consistency, inconsistent enforcement is really the problem and what breeds accusations of bias and paranoia. It seems very arbitrary and with mods participating is discussion and debating at the same time you are going to see a lot of people think they are being persecuted. If it's not possible to consistently enforce a rule then the rule probably needs to be reinterpreted, this forum has an odd lack of moderators compared to other forums of its size. Smaller places have moderators for every specific board/team of global mods/team of admins, I don't know what is so hard about finding people here to take a position. Perhaps give it to me, now the reaction to that would be funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think I am qualified since I believe you folks have me on double secret probation behind the scenes. :P

Saying you don't miss somebody is really not an attack, he doesn't elaborate or say it in a mean way. It's just a matter of fact about how he feels, it's not like even said good riddance or some other preoperative way.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 12:10 pm

nurseangela wrote:
What it boils down to is that each moderator is human and whether a member gets reprimanded for a post depends on that moderator's "perception" of what was said. I have been banned twice. Anyone who has not been banned, it's not a pleasant experience - I didn't even see it coming. I tried to log in one day and BAM! there it was saying that I had been banned (not by who), what the problem was and how long the ban was (to the hour and minute). No one tried to talk to me or see my side of things - it was just that fast. I think that is a very rude way of doing things. One moderator "perceives" that you did something wrong and with the tap of a few keys - you're banished from the Kingdom. And who decides for how long? There is also no recourse that one can do. This is why I was so adamant in another thread about there not being a permanent ban because to a certain person it can be a very traumatizing experience. No one knows you have even been banned and there is no way for you to make contact with anyone who is still on the site.

Has anyone else here been banned except me? How many and for how long?

And what are the rules for banning? Is it 3 strikes and your out?

We have to remind ourseleves that besides the widely varying and clashing world views most of the members and moderators have communication differences/impairments. But what these issues are and how severe they are vary by user. Ones persons sense of humor is another persons insinuation. What constitututes insinuation is particularly open to interpretation. In my case I see a lot more threads locked that I see as innocuous then ones where I wonder why the thread is still allowed to exist. But that is perception probably caused by me growing up in an era where a lot more things were considered acceptable.

A listing of banned members is a good suggestion. The offense should remain private. Sometimes I do worry about members if they have not posted in awhile.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:14 pm

Adamantium wrote:
In the interest of transparency--

The rules that cover these things are here:
viewtopic.php?t=73832#p1627572

The rule on personal attacks is:
Quote:
2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

Two things have to be true for a statement to constitute a personal attack:
1) the statement must be an attack
2) the target of the attack must be a person, rather than an idea

The simple and obvious case is:
NotARealPoster wrote:
FictitiousMember, you are an idiot and you have intrinsically bad qualities.

It's immediately obvious that this meets both conditions.

But the language of the rule also specifies indirect attacks as a recognized form of personal attack. This is automatically less obvious. Indirect statements by definition avoid direct mention or exposition of a subject.

A case might be something like this:
FictitiousMember wrote:
I like pasta

NotARealPoster wrote:
Why do some people like pasta? Hyperspecificity in food choice is pure stupidity.

NotARealPoster doesn't directly attack FictitiousMember, but FictitiousMember is certainly going to feel attacked.
Parsing this and seeing the attack requires some interpretation and is therefore subject to debate, but a reasonable case can be made that because the accusation of stupidity immediately follows FictitiousMember's post, FictitiousMember is the target of an indirect attack.

The rule also proscribes attacks by insinuation. This is a more subtle, imprecise and murky area altogether. Insinuation
is by definition sly and deceptive and often employs indirectness and innuendo.

A case might be something like:
FictitiousMember wrote:
I hate pasta

NotARealPoster wrote:
I for one would have no objection if some people would tell us less about their food choices.

or this:
FictitiousMember wrote:
I hate pasta

NotARealPoster wrote:
There used to be less inane chatter on these boards. I miss those days."

My reading of the post in question is that by position after Mikah's post, Viper was clearly included in Dox's "I can't say I miss many of them."

Is it an attack? It read to me like an indirect way of saying, at best, "Viper's been gone for a while and I like it better when he isn't here." The subject is another member, and the expressed thought is negative. In the context of Mika's post, my first reading was more like Drake's above.

You could argue that it's possible to interpret Dox's language another way maybe he meant "I don't miss him" in some neutral way, that's the whole thing about insinuation and indirect targets: a well crafted comment of this kind is deniable.

On balance, in context it seemed like Viper was the indirect target and "I don't miss them" was an attack. While indirect and insinuated, it seemed like he was directing gratuitous unpleasantness at another member, and that's what the rule is supposed to stop.

I have no delusion of perfect perception or infallible analysis. In fact, I have a hard time realizing that other people don't think exactly like me, even though I know this to be true. So I am quite willing to recognize that my interpretation may be wrong. I asked the mods to offer their own views on this immediately after giving the warning. There were a variety of views but the consensus supported the warning.

That's the whole story. Dox is in no immediate danger of receiving even a temporary ban. All this warning does is to say in very clear terms: don't make other WP members the subject of negative remarks. That's not what the board is about.

The easiest way to avoid the whole area of personal attacks is to make sure that you are not making other members the subject of negative remarks. It's fine to trash their ideas, but not them.

I can't think of any circumstance in which it's appropriate to say that you don't miss a specific member or group of members when they have been away for a couple of weeks.

Since we are on this subject and you are bringing up these examples, wasn't your thread about "Trump Deplorables" out of line? You actually had a few Conservative members here (including myself) who were offended by the thread and it was left open. Why was that thread any different?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:17 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
You are still wrong, I feel like you are really stretching to justify a decision that you already made and if that is something worthy of a warning then there probably is one every thread and it is not even close to possible to fairly distinguish.

You are entitled to your view, of course. I don't agree.

Jacoby wrote:
I don't recall anybody getting warned when they all said good riddance to Fnord, hypocrites!

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way that you could have information about who has been warned about what unless you are a mod or admin or have hacked the site. So there can be no factual basis for your claims of bias in incidents around attacks on Fnord, unless you were one of the attackers and didn't get a warning.

I see all the mods doing their best to fairly interpret the rules, we are likely, as human beings, to carry various kinds of implicit bias and selective focus, that's why there is a team and we consult when interpretations are tricky. Alex makes the rules because it's his site and we do the best we can to make them work.

Like Dox, I have to focus on other responsibilities for a while and I think I have said all I can usefully say here. By all means, complain to Alex if you think the rules need revision or the other mods if you think I am a loose canon.

I wouldn't miss it if I didn't have to do this any more, but I love this place and feel obligated to it and they asked me so I will try my best.

And please, everybody, try not to make other people the subject of negative remarks! There is a huge difference between "you are an idiot" and "that idea is idiotic." Going for the idea is always the right choice.

That's another thing - when the "idiot" term was said by this person, did she get a warning or was she just "talked" to? I saw how you were explaining the situation. Anyone else would have probably been issued a citation. This is what I see as "preferencial" treatment and the thing is there is no way to know who gets what because it is not made public.

An example of how this could be done in a better fashion would be the same way that I plan on publishing citations on the HOA board that I am on - when a homeowner gets a citation, I am putting all of the information (except the person's name) on the minutes for all to see so that others know people are and will get reprimanded and fined if they choose to do a certain activity. On this site, we don't even know who gets what and if things are handled fairly. This is why I say there should be a time frame of how long a person is a moderator. You keep saying you don't have anyone who wants to do it, but I think that's a bunch of BS. Why not ask Dox, or Jacoby, or Raptor? (I would be out because I'm not Aspie, of course.) You just aren't asking the "Right" people, IMO.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:42 pm

Why do you need to be an Aspie to be a moderator? I think it would be great to have some non-Aspies moderate this forum. I've been fortunate in that I've usually had "more normal" people I could just ask about stuff--but many Aspies don't have such friends.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:39 am

Drake wrote:
That really is a bad example to show Dox. Someone says they're worried about Viper and he might have ended his own life, and your response is basically "f**k Viper." Why did you do that?

I took the suggestion of suicide as flippant, more of a twisting of GGPV's tail than actual concern (trust me, Mikah is no friend of Viper, quite the opposite), but cut that part of the original comment out of my reply anyway. I do find Viper to be tart and abrasive on occasion, but my real "target" with that remark was a bevy of poo-flingers who also have been gone since the election, who I declined to name. One of them can be seen trolling me earlier in this thread, another worked Sly into a meltdown on more than one occasion for fun, another seemed obsessed with harassing Angela at every opportunity; in short, these were not pleasant people for me to have to rub shoulders with, and I don't think it's out of line for me to state my opinion that I'm enjoying their absence, especially in such a bloodless manner.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:46 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Yeah I don't see how that warranted any sort of moderation unless they thought it's intent was to be inflammatory and get a reaction. But then there are threads (RIGHT NOW!) that could be classed exactly as examples of this and they are allowed to stay because it's against PE Trump, the GOP or Republicans.

That's my feeling too, that if I'd talking about how nice it's been in PPR since a bunch of Trumpkins stopped posting, I'd have been more likely to receive a positive reply from a mod than a warning. If the standard that was applied to me was applied universally, everyone on the board would be constantly receiving warnings, including the mods, and every thread that ran for more than a page and a half would be locked; since that isn't the case, the application is de facto selective.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:55 am

nurseangela wrote:

I was banned back in 09, when bans were always permanent, essentially for going to war with the mod team at the time over arbitrary and biased interpretation and application of the rules. It didn't matter in the end that I was right and had the better argument, they wanted me gone and so I was gone. How I got back, as one of only 2 members at the time to legitimately return from a ban, is a story for a different day, involving troll sites, creative murder methods, doxxing, you know, the usual. You could say the experience left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, along with a determination to fight unfair moderation whenever I saw it.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 5:06 am

Dox47 wrote:
How I got back, as one of only 2 members at the time to legitimately return from a ban, is a story for a different day, involving troll sites, creative murder methods, doxxing, you know, the usual.

Is that supposed to be humorous? I don't think it's in the least bit cute or funny and I seriously wonder wtf you think you are doing right now.

Was there any kind of condition attached to your return when that ban was lifted?

I have seen the idea expressed several times here that fairness means applying the rules in exactly the same way to all people. This is nonsense. Our community consists of kids and adults with a broad range of verbal and intellectual ability and in a variety of emotional states. It would be unjust and foolish to treat a young teenager exactly the same way as an experienced adult, or a person who struggles to express themselves in words the same way as person with very high language skills like yourself.

If I had a lower estimation of your verbal abilities, I would not have sent the warning. I was genuinely shocked that you took that mock concern expressed by mikah as an occasion to make a nasty remark. The remote possibility that mikah might actually have felt some concern for viper only made it worse.

I guess if I could read minds, I would have known that you didn't mean to include viper in the scope of the other wrongplanet members you really needed to tell you don't like them being here, but I don't have that telepathic ability.

I don't understand why you, and apparently Jacoby think that you need to let people know that you enjoy their absence. I don't think that's something that ever needs to be said openly in a community like this. It's certainly not the same level of attack as saying "F you" but there is no way it's not an attack.

Do you really feel entitled to use a public forum to let other people know you don't like them? If that wasn't your goal, and the issue was behavioral you could so easily have said, "I don't miss their behavior."

This warning was of no consequence to you. You were in no danger of being even temporarily banned. I had no idea of your history or why this would be a sensitive issue for you. Unless you intend to launch a slew of personal attacks in future, nothing whatsoever would come of this.

Even if there were later occasions when you broke all the rules and got a ban, the bans are temporary now and the goal is to avoid permanently banning anyone who isn't a spammer, obscene troll or can't stop themselves from compulsively attacking others. Since you aren't any of those things, there really shouldn't be a problem. This thing that you are doing now, though, that's a different level altogether.

You want to poison the wells and salt the fields over debatable issues of interpretation? Really? Because you feel entitled to tell other members that you like it when they are gone? I thought you had better judgment.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jan 2017, 6:23 am

I think as a community we need to decide what sort of community we want, and how we want mods to act within that community. This is particularly true of PPR and L&D.

I do think the current PPR set up is probably unsustainable. Frankly the rules are breached in a large portion of posts and nobody is happy about being told that they've broken them.

Do we want PPR to be a slinging match where users can vent out their long-standing grudges with little fear of reprisal? Do we want it to be a place you can only post with reputably-sourced information?

I'm particularly concerned about "implications" and such. Different people can have different interpretations of someone's words. For example, when Adamantium made a thread talking about racism, Angela perceived it as an attack on her. Darmok's ongoing thread about "leftist violence and fraud" has lots of leftists feeling prickled. It's possible this was intended or wasn't (and it seems like a place where ones political views are particularly likely to bias interpretation). And frankly if we can't attack communism in case it is seen as an attack on the communist who just posted then that makes political discussion almost impossible.

WrongPlanet is a particularly difficult place to try this sort of clampdown on implications. Some of us are very skilled with words and will quite deliberately skate around any rules without quite breaking them. I know I've deliberately done this in the past, and I know Dox does it because he's publicly enquired about loopholes before (and I think that fed into the views of the mod team on that warning). I'm sure you can all think of other users who phrase posts in a way that seems to be attacking a user but is technically attacking an argument or viewpoint. Others don't have that sort of ability and will cause offence and break the rules even when they don't mean to. There's a case that this happens to sly, who seems to be quite politically moderate but gets people's bristles up because he doesn't have tact.

Alex is not likely to change his view on racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or ableism (three of those are written into the rules, one is clear from precedent and the last is pretty much the point of the site). I would suggest that maybe a blanket ban on advocating for white nationalism might also be useful for the health of the site.

Just realised I'm not going anywhere but hopefully there's some food for thought there. I don't claim to have all the answers by any means and I'm not speaking as a mod.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 6:57 am

Dox47 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I was banned back in 09, when bans were always permanent, essentially for going to war with the mod team at the time over arbitrary and biased interpretation and application of the rules. It didn't matter in the end that I was right and had the better argument, they wanted me gone and so I was gone. How I got back, as one of only 2 members at the time to legitimately return from a ban, is a story for a different day, involving troll sites, creative murder methods, doxxing, you know, the usual. You could say the experience left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, along with a determination to fight unfair moderation whenever I saw it.

I have to say I do find this quite funny. It's making me think of James Bond OO7. :mrgreen: Of course, one has to have been banned permanently (and experience how traumatic it really can be - I was permanently banned back on Aspies Central) to see the humor. Hopefully, no one here will have to endure a permanent ban. I would really love to hear that story sometime, Mr. D. I didn't know that you had been through the same experience.

Darn, I flunked.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 7:33 am

Note: Quote-threading and quote-spinning truncated to keep my post concise/relevant/specific.

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Sometimes I do worry about members if they have not posted in awhile.

Part of my absense was due to being unlawfully held hostage via various bills of attainder (and bills of pains and penalties are also included in the U.S. Constitution's ban on bills of attainder as found in Art. 1, § 9, cl. 3; Art. 3, § 10, cl. 1). Working on trying to get the insanity of an insane punitive system Abolished & replaced with a True Crime-Reduction Program of Rehabilitation in place instead.
nurseangela wrote:
Since we are on this subject and you are bringing up these examples, wasn't your thread about "Trump Deplorables" out of line? You actually had a few Conservative members here (including myself) who were offended by the thread and it was left open. Why was that thread any different?

Also related to the very first and original post of this thread... liberals simply out-number conservatives in the general population as a whole due to the massive liberal-bias of the «mainstream» corporate-controlled media-outlets. Conservative-minority is not unique to any particular forums (and is very common to most on-line outlets in addition to the fact that forces are always actively at work to censor/suppress anything that is able to logically expose any flaws/hypocrisies amongst the liberal-agendas). I usually just stick this sign up if I come across anything that seems to be some kind of Authoritarian Thought-Police...

nurseangela wrote:
I say there should be a time frame of how long a person is a moderator. You keep saying you don't have anyone who wants to do it, but I think that's a bunch of BS. Why not ask Dox, or Jacoby, or Raptor? (I would be out because I'm not Aspie, of course.) You just aren't asking the "Right" people, IMO.

Not sure how to word my response but, consider that, even if you can trust one generation's leadership of any particular guild/organisation/business/etc., that does not automatically mean that the next generation of leaders can. Were I to make any volunteer-efforts at moderating, I would only offer to be a moderator over moderator-posts/actions/activity/etc., rather than moderating the members and, even then, I would not consider the word «moderator» an accurate word for the role that I would choose to assume. You might not necessarily like the changes, for example, when time-limits are applied to even the owner of a web-site or forum itself (not everybody would necessarily be as qualified as Alex to be the site/forum-owner). Perhaps «Arbitrator» would be a better term for me since «Moderator» tends to have the Urban-Definition of Police, and we all know how most of Society now feels about most Police, considering that there seems to be a lack of «policing» over the police themselves (and I question the mental-sanity of anybody who would ever want to accept a wage of a meager 30 pieces of silver in order to commit various acts of sin under a false-gods calling themselves The State of [which-ever-State] as they sell their souls unto the Devil to be cast into After-Life Abyss to be dined upon by wicked beasts and verily Flayed Alive by the demonic forces of God for an entire eternity or two of eternities and a day; this is not a laughing matter as there have been remote-viewers who have factually uncovered evidence of after-life realms-of-suffering where long lines of people walk up a cliff to be hanged upside-down by their ankles, then have their throats slit, followed by being tossed into putrid river of flowing blood with a foul stench, then everyone taking turns to be the next executioner after their skin regenerates each time a full rotation of any of these lines of people have been completed, and this horror-show is a never-ending permanent-cycle as warned about by the now-returned Messiah).
BTDT wrote:
Why do you need to be an Aspie to be a moderator?

All of the Moderators are Aspies ? Well, amongst all of the Spectrum, the Aspie is considered Higher-Functioning (HFA), and a higher level-of-function would certainly be better-equipped to handle certain repetitive-tasks. I have found that neuro-typicals CAN be trained, but the neuro-typical must first respect you, then the NT becomes more willing and receptive to listening to your so-called crazy/insane/asinine/absurd/ludicrous/paranoid/etc., ideas, such that your thoughts end up not being so wild to them after all. Not all NTs know how to talk to HFAs & vice-versa, but I have had all kinds of experiences being all kinds of... roles/statuses/paradigms/etc., within my life, such that I have probably experienced nearly everything that nearly everybody from nearly every walk of life has ever experienced (from upper-class to homelessness and anywhere in between, from a guy who couldn't keep a job to save anyone's life to one whom employers competed fiercely against each other to hire permanently if possible, straight-A student to failing two entire full-time university semesters in a row back into straight-acing then abandoning school after finding it to be much more effective/valuable/economic/faster to simply self-study/self-research/self-train to be able to much more quickly surpass the intellectual-abilities of even most post-university graduates due to their insane levels of indoctrinations, the emotional roller-coaster ride of being pushed into having experienced becoming narcissistic and even mentally psychotic at one point for more than two years due to nearly 20 years of being unfairly/unjustly abused to someone who can now safely say that he is probably much more sane and rational/logical than probably everybody else in the entire state of South Dakota and possibly even the entire continent itself, from one who had been full of contempt and hatred for the entire world to want to render the entire human-population extinct to one who is now very concerned about everyone's future after-life destination, etc).

Regarding Fnord, I assume that he's still around, just not posting anything (unless, somehow, for some reason, posting from a different identity, although such is unlikely given his style of rule-abiding since I recall that not having more than one account was one of those things that was much more clearly defined if I remember correctly). That guy would disagree with me a lot originally (especially when it came to "controversial" topics like the para-normal or conspiracies), but there also came times when we were in complete agreement about things/problems about civilisation/society/etc., and changing my vocabulary from primitive-wording to describe what was once known as para-normal or spiritual-phenomena instead into what I currently view as technological-phenomena turned out to be more acceptable descriptions of my views of reality that did not warrant any rationalist-needs to engage in polemics against mysticism.

@Adamantium : I am just going to comment on the last post you made referencing your dialogue with Dox. I think it would be of benefit for you to calm down a bit with how you are responding to him/her. When your emotions are running or starting to run high it can result in clearly «agitated» expressions. Let me just quote some of your post to help you get an idea of some of the dialogue that seems to jump out at me as a somewhat «neutral» party here...

«I seriously wonder wtf you think you are doing»
«This is nonsense.» (Semantics. Most disputes are usually just misunderstandings with semantics.)
«It's certainly not the same level of attack as saying "F you" but there is no way it's not an attack.»
(A verbal-sword used against another as an attack is one thing but the expression-of-feelings is yet another, some expressions most-certainly having the obvious intent to offend, whilst others risk the potential to be offensive even if not intended : if I were so-called moderating I probably would just politely PM him about the issue with how the post was worded and advise him that such )
«If I had a lower estimation of your verbal abilities» (This might be why we could use high-EQ people around, for one's technical-capabilities are not always necessarily an accurate measure of their self-calming abilities, and it is those with the highest levels of self-calming before writing/posting/responding who can respond/write in the most sane manner for, logically speaking, the greater the level of negative-emotions running through one's feelings at any time of mental-activity the more «insane» the thoughts tend to become, thus it follows that the calmest person has the most amount of sanity to make a reasonable determination, whilst the angriest person would only be able to make insane judgments)
«Do you really feel entitled to use a public forum to let other people know you don't like them?» (This is a form of badgering when interpreting and looking as a whole at your response)
«You want to poison the wells and salt the fields over debatable issues of interpretation? Really? Because you feel entitled to tell other members that you like it when they are gone?» (Badgering. Also, know that «judgment» abilities DO swing from «sane/rational» towards «insane/irrational» when negative-emotions are running high, regardless of verbal-skills, and it would be better to try to determine/understand the root-causes of what might be causing those negative-feelings, and to help any said forum-member who is displaying any obvious signs of negative-emotions to understand that what they are posting seems to come across as a post of negativity, and to simply ask them to please pay attention to their state-of-mind or state-of-emotions and request that they please wait for their emotions to calm down until all feelings of anger or animosity has left them before making any further posts in regards to said topic/subject)

I think it might not necessarily be a bad idea to have a guide-line area for self-calming of emotions (not as a forced rule but simply as a guide-line to direct everybody to if anybody is seen to be disruptive that any member can direct other members to in order to help rehabilitate said forum/community member). Please forward this post of mine also directly to Alex (site/forum-owner) for his review and consideration of putting up such a guide-line somewhere. The «logic» behind this that I use is that, when people practice/exercise certain chi-gung/meditation/yoga/etc.-type or similar techniques and/or breathing exercises, many people often report feeling better or refreshed or calmed down, etc. Similarly, people who have gone through severe sadness/depression also know that, even if the emotional-state was in heart-break at the time of falling asleep, the emotional-pain is not as severe/intense upon waking up after being asleep. I believe that Alex will know how to word the guide-lines in the best manner possible after using these very same or similar wisdom-inducing techniques so as to help community/forum-members be able to recover from potential negative-influences much more quickly/effectively than they could get/see from seeing most so-called doctors. I wish this community well with its Peace-efforts as my forum-time will now be much more limited than before due to real-world issues that force me to try and rehabilitate the entire mess of government-officials even in the face of their threats upon my freedoms/liberties (hinted about this at the very beginning of this post of course).

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 8:06 am

Thanks for the perspective. It is undoubtedly true that my verbal skills are more advanced at times than my facility for interpersonal communication.

My apologies if my reply was over the top. I was disturbed by Dox's decision to include cracks about troll sites, doxxing, and creative murder methods in his responses. If the pitch of my response was over the top, I regret it.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 9:15 am

nurseangela wrote:
That's another thing - when the "idiot" term was said by this person, did she get a warning or was she just "talked" to? I saw how you were explaining the situation. Anyone else would have probably been issued a citation. This is what I see as "preferencial" treatment and the thing is there is no way to know who gets what because it is not made public.

Do you mean me?