Have you received a post from BillyBates on leadership?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm

Quote:

Hi AardvarkGoodSwimmer,

I'm writing to introduce myself and ask your advice (I saw your post viewtopic.php?p=3956085 on leadership).

I'm a NT British guy based in Hong Kong and I have a 3 year old son with autism. My work is in leadership development for an insurance company (I design and deliver leadership training).

I'm interesting in setting up a website, the goal of the website would be to support people with AS in leadership roles and help them develop their leadership skills.

Is that something you would be interested in? If you are willing to give me some more advice I can send you a few more questions about the website I'm planning, is that OK?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

BillyBates

This a PM I received by a new member.

It might be on the up and up. All the same, we need to be assertive and talk about this stuff.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 7:00 pm

This new person also started a thread.

Can an autistic person be a leader? What is 'leadership?'
http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=338570&p=7491302#p7491302

It certainly might be on the up-and-up. All the same, it seems awkward to send me a PM about a post I made more than five years ago!

BillyBates
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2017, 9:04 pm

Hi AardvarkGoodSwimmer,

Thanks for posting this (I've also sent you a PM). I sent the same message to about 15-20 people on the site so you may get a response.

I chose people by searching on 'leadership' (using the top right search function) and trawling through the topics to see who had made a positive comment about leadership. That's how I found your post from so many years ago.

This is part of my research into setting up the website. I'm now thinking it will be more of a forum site, for sharing experience and providing support... still working on it. Possible name: leadingonthespectrum.com ... how does that sound? Any other ideas welcome! :))

Regards
Billy

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:32 pm

BillyBates wrote:
Thanks for posting this (I've also sent you a PM). I sent the same message to about 15-20 people on the site so you may get a response.

that's called spamming.

BillyBates wrote:
I chose people by searching on 'leadership' (using the top right search function) and trawling through the topics to see who had made a positive comment about leadership. That's how I found your post from so many years ago.

and bumping such old topics is called necroposting.

neither are in high demand.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 12:08 pm

Actually, I think it might be okay. :D

At the beginning, I thought it might be part of a sales effort to eventually sell people some kind of high-priced consulting services.

Would have preferred just the public postings and not the PM, except maybe if the PM is asking me if I wish to join in and participate with a public post. It gets slippery. We're all feeling our way, at times maybe trying to get critical mass on the occasional joint project.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 3:33 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
that's called spamming.

Spamming is untargeted.

Otherwise whoever pms someone they haven't formally communicated with is a spammer, which is a stretch.

Personally I don't have an issue with it. Though I think a topic would be better.