Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 5:38 pm

Does anyone know how to delete private messages on wrongplanet?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 5:46 pm

Do you mean ones you've sent, or ones you've received?

If it's the latter, it's quite straightforward.

If it's one you've sent, I think it's also straightforward provided that the recipient hasn't yet read it (ie if it still shows up in 'Outbox' as opposed to 'Sent Messages').

Not sure what the situation is if it's in 'Sent Messages'. I suspect it could be more difficult, or maybe not possible.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 6:16 pm

Sorry. maybe that last post wasn't as helpful as it might have been.

If you look towards the bottom right hand corner of a post you've received (ie one in your Inbox), you'll see two small boxes. Click on the one with the blue 'x' in it, and the post will be deleted.

If you do the same thing on a 'Sent Message', it will be deleted from your own 'Sent Messages' folder, but I don't know whether it'll be deleted from the recipient's inbox, if that's what you wanted to know.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 6:36 pm

There is no little box with a blue x in it. Just white empty boxes I can put a check mark in. Im not sure why the delete box isnt showing up for me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Jul 2018, 8:46 pm

You put a check mark in the box next to the message. Near the bottom of the page there's an option that says something like Mark/Unmark As Important. Click on that & then select Delete Marked. Then click on Go which is to the right. This forum makes it more complicated than it needs to be.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 9:05 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
There is no little box with a blue x in it. Just white empty boxes I can put a check mark in. Im not sure why the delete box isnt showing up for me.

I'm wondering whether you're referring to the page which lists a number of posts (with the headings Subject/Author/Sent/Mark at the top), which do have blank check boxes.

The page you need is the one which contains the actual message within an individual post (the heading here simply says 'Message'). This is the page with the 'Delete' box which has the blue 'x' (with a red 'report' box next to it).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2018, 9:51 pm

If it's in "Outbox" or "Inbox" you can delete it, but if it's in "Sent messages", the person has already read it and it can't be deleted.

If you can delete it, it's just like Nick said. Or you can click on the message to read it, and there will be the blue X in the lower-right corner.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could click "edit" and just blank it all out and save it?

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 6:28 pm

Okay I figured it out