Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:57 pm

...Really , my knowledge ~ and equipment/opportunities ~ is/are very limited .
I don't know what Phoenix said .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 9:59 pm

ASS-P wrote:

Spanish: De cualquier manera, como yo estaba diciendo antes, espero que tú tengas buena suerte en aprender idiomas. Hasta luego. :)

English: In any case, as I was saying before, I wish you good luck in learning languages. See ya later. :)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 10:02 pm

...Thank you .
I'm not sure you earlier said you wished me good luck in learning languages ~ and I don't have time to re-read , I MUST GO NOW ! ~ but you did then .

the_phoenix wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Spanish: De cualquier manera, como yo estaba diciendo antes, espero que tú tengas buena suerte en aprender idiomas. Hasta luego. :)

English: In any case, as I was saying before, I wish you good luck in learning languages. See ya later. :)

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2017, 1:49 am

ASS-P wrote:

You have enough knowledge to register to various forums and make lots of posts.

You have enough knowledge to share YouTube videos and interact in many ways on Facebook.

You have enough knowledge to follow the directions as I said above. There is no one in San Francisco who will help you with things you need help with. So it's about time you started treating the advice given by WPers seriously. If you don't at least try the advice, then you have no right to complain.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 3:58 pm

...That,s super-minimal , : was maybe semi-alright in 2001 : computer nowledge...And the places I can get wi-fi are minimal .
I was NOT ! , however , saying : I can,t do it :...
As far as language learning , for instance , if I coulld get an audio (CD I suppose - or downloads >) player perhaps I could , with that equipment help to start , learn a language .
I have NOTHING of that sort now :( .

Tobes"]

ASS-P wrote:

You have enough knowledge to register to various forums and make lots of posts.

You have enough knowledge to share YouTube videos and interact in many ways on Facebook.

You have enough knowledge to follow the directions as I said above. There is no one in San Francisco who will help you with things you need help with. So it's about time you started treating the advice given by WPers seriously. If you don't at least try the advice, then you have no right to complain.[/quote]

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jan 2017, 2:43 pm

Do you want to learn a language or get better at computers, or go to college etc.? (Note: the question is not "would others approve of .....)

If the answer is yes, then go and do it. The world has opportunities hidden about for everyone, if you want to do something enough, then you'll find a way of doing it. Stop letting others block you from what you want to do.

++ It doesn't matter if a language is never of practical use to you. Someone asked me why we need yet another programming language on my post about writing one. We don't need one, just like you probably don't need to learn a language, however, I'd like to write one. If I get a benefit from writing one, or anyone else gets that benefit, then that is a bonus, just like if you ever use your second language. Furthermore, if you can learn to use just a simple internet browser, then you'll have access to all the learning resources you need presuming you can get to the local library or such, where they almost certainly have computers, although the library would probably have real books on learning languages too.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 5:17 pm

...It,s easy to say :: You,ll find a way : :cry: but , when you,re older and have developed physical limitations :cry: , and have had , in a bad situaton , endless amounts of money stolen/otherwise gone fom you :cry: and a bad situation , it is hard to do things , at least without greater help/connections :( . And as far ; PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO : THERE ARE , HERE , PEOPLE WHO QUITE WHLE0HEARTEDLY WANT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO , EVEN FROM ANOTHER HEMISPHERE , WITH threat of long-distance committing me if I don,t do what they say .
They tell me what I should do , abnd other/s say : obey them : :( - Aren,t I supposed to obey :cry: ?
(Obviously(?) , I mistyped above , but I,m not taing time out from my difficult typing circumstances to correct it .)

ke"]Do you want to learn a language or get better at computers, or go to college etc.? (Note: the question is not "would others approve of .....)

If the answer is yes, then go and do it. The worldhas opportunities hidden about for everyone, if you want to do something enough, then you'll find a way of doing it. Stop letting othm what you want to do.

++ It doesn't matter if a language is never of practical use to you. Someone asked me why we need yet another programming language on my post about writing one. We don't need one, just like you probably don't need to learn a language, however, I'd like to write one. If I get a benefit from writing one, or anyone else gets that benefit, then that is a bonus, just like if you ever use your second language. Furthermore, if you can learn to use just a simple internet browser, then you'll have access to all the learning resources you need presuming you can get to the local library or such, where they almost certainly have computers, although the library would probably have real books on learning languages too.[/quote]

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2017, 9:34 pm

People (me and a few others who truly know the extent of your situation) give you advice that we think would get you into a better place in life.

You go from shelter to shelter. Get banned from places. Get things stolen from you. Get continually worse physical and possibly mental health. There is hardly any light at the end of the tunnel in your life.

Yet, you don't listen to the advice we give. You think everything's fine.

I am happy to leave you alone for the rest of your life if you really want me to.

I email people and do a bit of research, as well as give advice on the forum, because of your incredibly terrible situation. However, you make the call. If you want me gone, so you can continue down your never-ending-downward-spiral... say it and I'm gone.

With me gone, though, the best you can hope for is a new start in a new place. If you ever move out of SF. It's highly doubtful anyone else on the forum will fight for you the way I have. However, if you're happy to have so-called "freedom" of being in hell everyday, by all means it's your right to have that freedom.

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2017, 3:19 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...It,s easy to say :: You,ll find a way : :cry: but , when you,re older and have developed physical limitations :cry: , and have had , in a bad situaton , endless amounts of money stolen/otherwise gone fom you :cry: and a bad situation , it is hard to do things , at least without greater help/connections :( . And as far ; PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO : THERE ARE , HERE , PEOPLE WHO QUITE WHLE0HEARTEDLY WANT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO , EVEN FROM ANOTHER HEMISPHERE , WITH threat of long-distance committing me if I don,t do what they say .
They tell me what I should do , abnd other/s say : obey them : :( - Aren,t I supposed to obey :cry: ?
(Obviously(?) , I mistyped above , but I,m not taing time out from my difficult typing circumstances to correct it .)

ke"]Do you want to learn a language or get better at computers, or go to college etc.? (Note: the question is not "would others approve of .....)

If the answer is yes, then go and do it. The worldhas opportunities hidden about for everyone, if you want to do something enough, then you'll find a way of doing it. Stop letting othm what you want to do.

++ It doesn't matter if a language is never of practical use to you. Someone asked me why we need yet another programming language on my post about writing one. We don't need one, just like you probably don't need to learn a language, however, I'd like to write one. If I get a benefit from writing one, or anyone else gets that benefit, then that is a bonus, just like if you ever use your second language. Furthermore, if you can learn to use just a simple internet browser, then you'll have access to all the learning resources you need presuming you can get to the local library or such, where they almost certainly have computers, although the library would probably have real books on learning languages too.
[/quote]

When you ask for help, you should expect people will respond with things you can do to solve those problems. If you didn't want people to tell you a way to fix your problems, then perhaps the best route to take is to not share them here, although sharing problems is better (and I really should share more of my problems).

Anyway, even without much if any money, and without many people to rely on, you can still do stuff. Granted, its trickier, and requires more determination, but its possible. I have nobody I can truly rely on in the real world, and nobody who really understands me, sure I have 'friends', but don't feel like I have real close friends, but I still manage to get by. I'm trying at the moment to reach out to people a bit more though, it might end well, or badly, that is life. I'll finish with a simple statement to sum it up for you:
The only thing that can stop you from doing what you want, is your excuses of why you can't do what you want, oh and dieing.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 12:25 pm

You should get a book. Practice by writing the lessons in the book out on paper. You could make flash cards for yourself to memorize.

Ich kann nur ein bissen Deutsche sprechen <- I can speak a little German

Watashi wa nihongo o hanamasu jozu ja nai <- I can speak Japanese badly

Languages are fun. I encourage to start learning one!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

...Thank you .
That said, the assistance I need - whatever combination of written help , filmed/taped help , and personal helpI,d need would need a bit more leisue easly getting around & funds that
n I hae now - I don,t know tht
at , if I went back to that last shelter I was in just before this hospital stay (as I,ve detailed in my recent line) I don,t think I could do much : writing out punch cards there : - still , not to be too downbeat , some other opportunit/ies could manifest themselves .

ocOfAutism"]You should get a book. Practice by writing the lessons in the book out on paper. You could make flash cards for yourself to memorize.

Ich kann nur ein bissen Deutsche sprechen <- I can speak a little German

Watashi wa nihongo o hanamasu jozu ja nai <- I can speak Japanese badly

Languages are fun. I encourage to start learning one![/quote]