Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Apr 2017, 5:14 pm

I went to class today so pissed after she sent me a text message for the billionth time this week. Here goes.
So my roommate and I obviously were never really the best of friends. We had our differences and we had slight issues with each other that we did solve, but there was still underlying tension btw the both of us. However, one week I was having trouble getting up so I decided to set multiple alarms before I got up. I thought it would force me to get out of bed because I wouldn't get too comfortable in bed. I also put it on the couch so that I would have to get up, but eventually my roommate got tired of it and yelled me and said I was disturbing her while she was studying. I put my foot down, not to be insensitive, but because I had trouble getting up and I was missing class and disappointing my parents so I felt I had no choice. Well, I apologized and tried my best to make it as low as possible but high enough for me to hear it. She didn't like it. At first I didn't think it was a bad thing because I always turned off my alarms immediately and I didn't leave them on. I thought leaving them on was the problem. But then in a session with my therapist, she said that I should consider whether the amount of my alarms was excessive. I decided to decrease it to two and see what happened. Lo and behold, I got much better sleep. I also woke up on time. So I thought "Yay! Now we'll both be happy". Not even close

Earlier in the year, my roommate was complaining about me making too much noise in the morning, like when I opened my dresser or opened the closet or moved my chair by my desk. I was a little annoyed but I tried to be considerate and make it work. Then three days ago, she was trying to sleep and she said the sound of laptop pad was disturbing her. I was like wtf? The sound of my laptop pad. I didn't say anything but at this point she irked me even more. I tried to silently use my laptop pad and use my mouse. Then in the afternoon the next day, she sent me a litany of text messages out of nowhere. Basically, she was expressing her grievances about how I was too noisy in the morning because i slammed the door, and opened the closet, and other stuff like that. Then she went on to say that she wants me to stop "touching myself" or whatever with my pants off when she's in the room and that I exiled her from the room because of my multiple alarms. First, keep in kind that at this point I was trying as much as possible to be quiet. I tried my best not to make noise. I was even shaking in the morning when I picked up my laptop and my charger ended up dropping. I didn't even know innocuous sounds, like the sound of a laptop pad, would disturb her either so in my mind, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to be considerate but I felt like she wanted me to do the impossible. Second, she says I was touching myself when thats not what I was doing at all. I was sleeping with no pants on but I was fully clothed on top and under my sheets. The reason was that, and I feel like ladies will relate to this, my lady bits were always sweaty and I felt uncomfortable and gross when I was sleeping so I would sleep without underwear or pants, under my covers by the way, and I would let myself air out. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. However, I think she was still mad at me because of that one time she came into the room and saw me rushing under the covers. I didn't want her to see me pantless because I didn't want her to start judging me. I was alone in the room so I didn't bother going under the covers. In retrospect, I should've bene more subtle but I am very socially awkward.

I told her my feelings and that I in fact did not touch myself when she was in the room. Then she told me I was lying and that she has 'witnesses', which I know is a lie, because unless there's hidden cameras in the room no one would know I'm touching myself, which by the way I would've only have done if I was alone. My former roommate caught me with my hands in my pants once time, and it was a mistake and habit of mine so I did it without thinking. I was embarassed so I made sure not to do it in their presence. Whatever I did in private was a different story, but I knew even if I did "touch myself" like she said, I certainly wasn't doing it in the room when she was there. She then proceeded to call me a liar and said she had a video about it. That was when I threw all "politeness" out of the window and said she was a creep and that she was making me cry. As she was sending me these text messages at 90 MPH, I was shaking and I wanted to jump out the window to my death. I was saying out loud "God please take me now." She was treating me like a murderer. She didn't care that I made an effort or that I already remedied the alarm issue beforehand. Like I said before, she said I exiled her from the room so she slept at school and cameback in the mornings but I thought she would still realize I listened to her. She then has the nerve to get mad at me when she says I wasn't communicating about my issues with her when shes the one that ran away from the room for an entire week and didn't even bother confronting me then but she waits until this week to say all the issues she's had this semester. It was ridiculous. She then threatened to tell my parents at which point I said, what do you want me to do? Eventually I suggested to her she used headphones and listen to music.

Now we didn't talk to each all day yesterday but there were no issues. Then this morning she said my typing was too loud. My typing. I was thinking "Does she have an issue or something? How is she this sensitive to sound?" Ironically she claimed earlier that she's a heavy sleeper and she's only ever had a problem with me but I doubt this is the first time that she's been in a room with someone typing. I apologized but said that there's nothing I can do about it. I mean, typing makes a sound, and she said I typed too fast and loud, but I couldn't type any quieter. I tried and I wouldn't be able to type at all. I can't help naturally typing fast. I thought it was ridiculous she wanted me to defy basic physics just for her. I said I can type on my bed in the morning but that's all I can do. After all, I need to study where I'm comfortable and I felt like she was expecting me to change my whole lifestyle just for her. So I vented to my mom this afternoon and I get pissed because I tell her about the video, which by the way is illegal and so wrong and an invasion of my privacy and human rights, and she then tells me she can't do anything to me and not to worry. In the same breath, she then says I always play victim like my roommate also said because I didn't think there was anything wrong with sleeping with no underwear even though I was under the sheets. I even told her I was only trying to take care of my body and that it's actually healthy to not wear synthetic underwear all day and that I really wanted to cool off. My mom is a conservative woman, but she was really annoying me by comparing what I did to someone walking outside naked because they were hot. I was not exposed on top. Or bottom. My roommate slept with just a bra on but I am basically supposed to be this perfect puritanical girl. I feel like this is bigger than these issues. Like I feel my roommate is just mad because I'm not the little sister she wanted me to be. I don't like to share all my stuff with her and it doesn't fly with her. I asked her in the past to move her belongings off my stuff and she gets mad and says I flipped out at her when I merely asked her politely. She then lists as one of the primary issues she had with me was me mouthing words to myself quietly I might add because it creeped her out. I was feeling like crap, got out of bed, went to get my meds, and grumbled to myself but according to her I was walking up and down for no reason and talking to myself and blah blah blah. You can't always trust this girl because she always dramaticizes things from her perspective. I was disturbing her sleep or making noise either. She gets disturbed when I'm just standing in one place spacing out or whatever. It's none of her business and I certainly didn't appreciate her saying in her obnoxious voice "Yeah don't do that. It's weird". My response in my head was "Fk off, bi**h". I don't see how not agreeing with everything with what my roommate does is playing victim. I even tried to accommodate her many times. Someone playing victim wouldn't do that. I tried to acknowledge my wrong doings but at this point she wants heaven and earth. I am so glad I'm getting a single room next year.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 9:55 pm

I think you should just find a new roommate. This one sounds like more drama than it's worth.

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 May 2017, 3:23 pm

Yep next year I am getting a single room. She's very nosy and I am glad