Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Epicendergamer
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2017, 8:42 am

She acts like everyone with autism is at the same place in the spectrum, which offends me, because I have very mild autism,so I feel like she treats me like I am stupid. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm

Epicendergamer wrote:
She acts like everyone with autism is at the same place in the spectrum, which offends me, because I have very mild autism,so I feel like she treats me like I am stupid. Anyone else have a similar experience?

When she says that she treats you like you are stupid, do you mean she is hostile and unfriendly towards you, or do you mean she speaks to you like she would a young child who might not understand something.

If it's the latter, she is probably well intended and trying to accommodate you, and just needs to become educated on what your strengths and weaknesses really are.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 3:10 am

Your teacher needs education on the latest trends in autism, obviously.

If he/she doesn't want to evolve in her knowledge of autism, he/she shouldn't work with autistic people.

Epicendergamer
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2017, 8:23 am

To answer your question, she's not hostile. She means well, but ends up treating me like I can't understand or do basic stuff. And I agree that if she can't respect people with autism, she shouldn't work with them.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 9:02 pm

Epicendergamer wrote:
To answer your question, she's not hostile. She means well, but ends up treating me like I can't understand or do basic stuff. And I agree that if she can't respect people with autism, she shouldn't work with them.

You might try telling her politely that you know how to do something when you feel she is being too elementary, and also tell her the types of things you actually need assistance with.

Epicendergamer
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2017, 11:39 pm

I tried. She said I was being rude.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:45 pm

Epicendergamer wrote:

She's playing head games.

She sounds like an authoritarian dictator who won't listen to anything. I'd start complaining to administration.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 1:26 am

Epicendergamer wrote:
I tried. She said I was being rude.

What kind of stuff does she do specifically could I ask?

Epicendergamer
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2017, 11:13 am

Its been a few weeks of summer break, so I'm asking for advice for next school year, so I can't think of a specific example right now.

SandraH155
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2017, 5:44 am

It's your teacher's problem and that means that she is stupid. Such kind of person shouldn't work at any kind of school

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 5:56 am

I could be wrong.

But maybe a good idea would be to go to the principal in these circumstances. Come with all the complaints and what you remember your teacher has done and use it to convince the principal their is something bad going on maybe by writing them down on a piece of paper if you don't want to have to explain them. Tell the principal you want good guidelines to be set for your teacher in these circumstances and heck maybe that will work.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2017, 1:40 pm

I've had people treat me like I'm stupid, it really stinks. What I would try to do is try to say something really intelligent at an appropriate time and maybe she'll realize she's the stupid one. But you shouldn't call her stupid.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 6:27 pm

Rude or not, you need to tell her for your own mental health that you are not stupid or simple and can do the more complex stuff. Complain about her to admin. She is censoring you. Might be playing head games, as someone says.

bewell
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2017, 6:40 am

Well, I had the same problem, but just because the teacher did not like me and all. I never stopped visiting his lectures but never written any essay anymore. I decided no point in this. Found a service to write the essays and that are my dell with him were over. If you need a high quality article writing services

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:31 pm

I also have a problem with one of my teachers; she thinks I'm too flat and "unreadable". She has mentioned that I don't get along well with people, and I don't show any emotional expression (which kind of hurt me, because I want t get along with people :( ). I think it's best to just try and ignore/avoid these teachers as much as you can, and just get through your schooling. She obviously doesn't know much about autism at all.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine