Page 14 of 22 [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 5:07 pm

AssP, it was pointed out to me that you do share a trait with Goldfish--you both post these threads over and over that go in circles and end with the mods finally mercifully locking the thread, only for you to restart it again and again.

Bottom line with you is that I cant help you and I seriously doubt anyone here can, so why continue like this?

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 8:54 pm

...I lost a nearly complete draft of a reply to you :cry: .
I don't much want to talk to you anyway :( .

wUnion"]AssP, it was pointed out to me that you do share a trait with Goldfish--you both post these threads over and over that go in circles and end with the mods finally mercifully locking the thread, only for you to restart it again and again.

Bottom line with you is that I cant help you and I seriously doubt anyone here can, so why continue like this?[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 11:51 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I lost a nearly complete draft of a reply to you :cry: .
I don't much want to talk to you anyway :( .

wUnion"]AssP, it was pointed out to me that you do share a trait with Goldfish--you both post these threads over and over that go in circles and end with the mods finally mercifully locking the thread, only for you to restart it again and again.

Bottom line with you is that I cant help you and I seriously doubt anyone here can, so why continue like this?
[/quote]

Thats fine with me.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 12:26 pm

...Yesterday, I slipped and fell backwards, having lost my balance while dressing. I hit my head a bit :( ,, and it was difficult getting up :cry. I don't think I mentioned that here: before, I think I did mention the fall I started to have coming out of the shower the other night :cry: , which require a big step in and out :( . This room is even less handicapped suitable than the last one :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 12:28 pm

This is why an SRO situation would be ideal----especially if there's a bathroom in your room.

I can understand why you like Santa Cruz----and I hope you get some good situation there.

Sorry you fell. Seems like you're near another emergency room visit---based on the fluid accumulating inside you.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 12:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can understand why you like Santa Cruz----and I hope you get some good situation there.

I cant and I'm sure SF is a much more homeless friendly place to live.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 4:29 am

...You seem to define " SRI " S bit differently from me - You appear to be speaking of ' supportive housing " not my understanding of " SRzO ". I don't't really understand the classic-sense SRO as involving much " paternalistic " - even just speaking of that phrase only in the good sense here - it involving a bathroom of your own :( .
I would not object to under-the-righr-circumatances. in the right amount, paternalistic help :| .

kortie"]This is why an SRO situation would be ideal----especially if there's a bathroom in your room.

Sorry you fell. Seems like you're near another emergency room visit---based on the fluid accumulating inside you.[/quote]

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 6:12 am

There was nothing paternalistic about what I said. I’m not into that ideology.

I meant a room of your own with bathroom.

I’m aware most SROs have bathrooms in the hall.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 9:09 am

...The recent death of Philip Roth rather ties in to my idea of ink - The characters in his novels are often college-involved. Actually, I have thought that my idea of going to university was, sir of, " a sub-Philil Roth idea " of college life and let's emphasize the " SUB- " there... His novels from when he was younger tend to show characters who, like him, go to non- " Big Name " colleges... and his novels written when he was older and had been a successful writer tend to show backstabbing and pettiness of academic life, thought I... So perhaps it seems odd to bring him uo :lol: .
Perhaps this can be made to underline my point that, in attempting to go to him, I was not asking for a " Big Name "...Perhaps on the lhilosophy of " If I show I'm not asking for very much, may e somebody will approve if me-help me! " :cry: The two examples I gave of trying to go, SUNY and UMGB, we're both if my state colleges at the time :( !

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 10:23 am

...As far as going back to San Francisco goes, it should be pointed out that I am more crippled now than I was this time last year :( . I don't mean " sick " - as in the weight retention - I mean handicapped - as in my back having apparently collapse to the extent that I can't wear a backpack to carry my stuff around anymore :cry: .
San Francisco is very hilly. Any new place I might go to, I have to consider.ehat I'd do once I got there.
Frankly, I was rather hoping for Social Services to find me a place. Any new place, I would have to start from square one all over again. That includes the question of that possible eye operation :( . For all the delays. there'd be even more elsewhere. I think I probably do need one :( . SS types son't quite see Mr in my more crippled moments, like having to pull myself by the doorknob to get over the strip here - or my difficulty getting upfront a seated position on the toilet :cry: - Or straining to lift my legs up to put my pants on. Or my COPD coughing up - sometimes spitting up - when lying down :( .

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 8:51 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...As far as going back to San Francisco goes, it should be pointed out that I am more crippled now than I was this time last year :( . I don't mean " sick " - as in the weight retention - I mean handicapped - as in my back having apparently collapse to the extent that I can't wear a backpack to carry my stuff around anymore :cry: .
San Francisco is very hilly. Any new place I might go to, I have to consider.ehat I'd do once I got there.
Frankly, I was rather hoping for Social Services to find me a place. Any new place, I would have to start from square one all over again. That includes the question of that possible eye operation :( . For all the delays. there'd be even more elsewhere. I think I probably do need one :( . SS types son't quite see Mr in my more crippled moments, like having to pull myself by the doorknob to get over the strip here - or my difficulty getting upfront a seated position on the toilet :cry: - Or straining to lift my legs up to put my pants on. Or my COPD coughing up - sometimes spitting up - when lying down :( .

Well, all I can tell you is that as far as shelters and help go, Im sure SF and LA have more to offer than SC. Ever consider LA? As for hillyness, thats California. Its right there on a fault line too. What do you do during earthquakes? What would you do if there were a really big one? As someone who knows about these things, I can tell you without question its only a matter of time.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2018, 2:36 pm

...I really gets difficult for me to access this page on my phones - even when WP is not going thru is not going through its periodic being down periods, I'll just personally not get a connection, it, even if I connect and start to put something up, it'll freeze again and again :cry: . Other people, I guess, have better equipment :( .
I have enough tstatus of being a " local " in Santa Cruz that - , SF aside, any other place I'd go, I'd be new - and I REALLY AM crippled. What do I do in a new town? Actually now, while the possibility of the eye operation is bubbling on the stove's back, that alone provides a reason to stay in SC.til' it's resolved - and I tend to assume that I will need one. It would be even slower looking into it elsewhere :( . More later.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2018, 7:45 pm

...Yesterday, I twice, when out, assumed seated position - and then, when it came time to get up, had help offered in getting up to a standing position. At least one of those two times, maybe both, I did have to get help to get up :cry: . The second time I took S taxi back from a Target where I had bought clothes and groceries, and I was puffing so much the taxi driver asked me if I wanted to go to the ER :( . I didn't. Back here, I did do some listening to my heartbeat-whatever to see if it was irregular. It took something like forty minutes to get these lines up, with this phone endlessly freezing :( . I was thinking, once again :cry: :cry:, about how, after all these tears -over 40- I have never collapsed into someone's shoulder and told them about the rape. :cry: Forty-two years! :cry: :cry:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 11:50 am

...It's Sunday morning, I said I'd - maybe - go to church but again I'm not. Once I'm up, I tend to want to go back to bed, and it is sometimes hard-painful for me to dress and I get all OCD about having clean hands. In whatever order -
I get up. I'm taking this Logic. It makes me pee. I think I'm supposed to take it with food. I tend to want to lie down and rest some more after doing this, then, upon getting up. pee some more. I tend to want to pee myself out before going out.
I said what I said about dressing already. I do tend to be crippled eniugh :(

Last edited by ASS-P on 27 May 2018, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 12:08 pm

I like it when you write literary, ASS-P.

It brings out your brains.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 12:28 pm

..." Literary "? Like I'm Philip Roth or Tom Wolfe's successor? Like I'm trying to get into the young shiksas' panties, like a Roth character? Or wearing a cream-colored suit, like T.W.? I'm delivering a lecture somewhere?
I was expanding on the initial shot version of that last post.

ftiekortie"]I like it when you write literary, ASS-P.

It brings out your brains.[/quote]