Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jan 2010, 6:47 pm

Worst 30 minutes of the day easily, I just feel so awkward and it feels like it takes forever to finish. :(

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jan 2010, 8:29 pm

You could bring a book with you. Then at least you have a reason to sit by yourself - and reading is enjoyable.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2010, 8:47 pm

At my school, they only have 1 vegetarian entree, which is cheese pizza. I eat that every day because I only eat meat during supper.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 11:00 pm

I view lunch as a waste of time, 45 minutes of time in which I do nothing. I don't mind the break but it is a rather long time.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 8:47 am

Dnex wrote:
Worst 30 minutes of the day easily, I just feel so awkward and it feels like it takes forever to finish. :(

Be glad it isn't longer. :lol:

Eto
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jan 2010, 2:14 pm

When I moved to this school I despised lunch because I had nobody to sit with, and people like to pick on the lone quiet girl. :? It annoys the heck out of me that society doesn't let you just sit alone and not even bother people. I even had a teacher sit across from me on the second day I was at the school and ask me if I always sat alone. I know she was just concerned, but I just don't want the attention.

It's not as bad now that I've found some people to sit with, but lately my table's been getting overcrowded and the extra people make me nervous. I would go sit off by myself to relax a bit, but I don't want to risk getting picked on again. And the principals wouldn't let me go to the library during lunch. >_>

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2010, 4:13 pm

I always hated lunch as I would end up sitting alone, or with just one other quiet person. If I did have friends in my lunch, they would sit at a table that is overcrowded and I would end up sitting somewhere else after a couple days. Fortunately this semester I have been sitting with people who always play cards at lunch and so we end up with just enough people to play euchre (4) and a couple spectators. In a couple weeks when the semester ends I will undoubtedly hate lunch again :(

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2010, 4:19 pm

I don't like lunch at my school either. I won't eat in the canteen because for some reason I don't like the thought of people watching me eat. Also, when I tried to do my homework or read in the library, I would be distracted by other pupils.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 5:54 pm

When I was in elementary, I loathed recess (and lunchtime is included in this)! Three times a day? Why?
I was forced to go outside and I rarely had any friends, so I would just sit outside and play by myself, read, or just think. By grade 8, I was allowed to stay inside for recesses, I would just work and stuff. I was the only one who was allowed, which made some people jealous, but comparing they didn't know the whole situation, I'm not surprised.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 2:46 am

Eto wrote:
When I moved to this school I despised lunch because I had nobody to sit with, and people like to pick on the lone quiet girl. :? It annoys the heck out of me that society doesn't let you just sit alone and not even bother people. I even had a teacher sit across from me on the second day I was at the school and ask me if I always sat alone. I know she was just concerned, but I just don't want the attention.

It's not as bad now that I've found some people to sit with, but lately my table's been getting overcrowded and the extra people make me nervous. I would go sit off by myself to relax a bit, but I don't want to risk getting picked on again. And the principals wouldn't let me go to the library during lunch. >_>

Have you tried sneaking outside just after class to avoid the lunchroom and eat somwhere quiet or go to McDonalds or something?

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 3:43 am

1. Go to the library instead.
2. Go anywhere else instead, for that matter.
3. Read a book or listen to music instead.

Quote:
At my school, they only have 1 vegetarian entree, which is cheese pizza. I eat that every day because I only eat meat during supper.

Why?

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 4:55 pm

On my first day of high school, I sat all by myself at lunch and a couple of older students came and felt sorry for me cause I was all alone. I eventually found my friends later that lunch period (2 other people) but they kind of dispersed after a while and I was stuck with either sitting by myself or sitting with other people talking about boring conversations.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2010, 8:31 pm

When I was at public school, I ate lunch alone because I had no friends. At one of the high schools before I was forced to transfer to another high school one of the best things was that they serve pizza at every lunch. That was the only thing I liked about that school.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 4:13 am

anarchybovine wrote:

Umm, cheese isn't a vegetable. Just sayin'.

Fintan29
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2010, 3:57 pm

I hate it too. I find myself standing at a wall thinking to myself and being bored and stuff. The break lasts 40 minutes. There's a room to study or do homework, but the room is filled with lots of people and they always talk.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2010, 10:22 pm

Thanks for reminding me another reason I hated high school. I ate lunch by myself for nearly four of the eight semesters I was in high school, interspersed throughout the first three years. Most of it was in sophomore year. I eventually ate lunch with whom someone with a more stereotypical view of high school might call "the losers" or "the freaks" or whatnot. They seemed quite normal to me, though, and I never understood why some of them got the type of bullying they did. That, though, is a different question entirely.

What I hated most about eating lunch alone is when random people would try to make fake conversation with me. It seems like they are doing it more for themselves, as if to think, "Look! I am not a bad person at all!", when it is really people like them that keep the status quo going and make it harder for people like me to make friends in high school. There was one girl I remember who did this once or twice in my junior year. Allegedly she was a good person, or so people who knew her better say. On the day that I started sitting with people in eleventh grade, she asked me something about whether I was going to go off and be my loner self as I went to lunch.

It's much easier in college. Trust me here.