SAT scores higher for later administrations?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 3:23 am

Are SAT scores normalized for each test administration? It seems like this would be the case if they have a different set of questions for each administration.

If this is the case, then the dumber your cohort when you take the SAT, the higher your scores. I took an early administration and a late administration of the SAT (Math II) because I didn't have time to finish the first time i took it due to my extremely poor working memory (it takes me a long time to take tests). The exact same thing happened the next time I took it (had to leave a quarter of the test blank). I figure I was pretty much 100% correct on what I did answer both times. I got a 680 the first time, and an 800 the second time.

I figure all of the worst scorers from the early administrations end up retaking the test at the late administrations. Most of the retakers do not do significantly better, causing an upward bias for your normalized scores.

If this is the case then you high school aged people should sign up for later administrations of the SAT.

Does anyone else have any data points to contribute here?

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

BUMP!

Come on? Nobody has taken that SAT more than once here?