Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

What did your school report card look like?
Passed every course, with close to the same grades for every class 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
Failed one or more courses 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
High grade in one course, average grades in the rest 20%  20%  [ 5 ]
High grades in every course except for one or two 40%  40%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 25

fourthworld
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jul 2016, 2:42 pm

Have you ever excelled in one class and attained an average grade in one or the rest of your classes?
I got a 97% in Home Economics but 80 something in Math and 60 something in Physics, what did your grades look like in High School? I was wondering if anyone else who attended public school observed a similar pattern in their final grades.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 6:56 am

I tended to get decent to high grades (B or above) in high school the vast majority of the time.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 3:59 pm

Recently I usually get the same grade in every class (an A+). I feel like every subject is about equally difficult.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 4:46 pm

I used to get really high grades in almost every class. Last semester my grades slipped a bit.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 11:14 pm

My grades were all over the map. My highest grade was 96% in family management and lowest was in social studies with 40%, but that is only because I slacked off in that class (The textbook and teacher were both super dry). Normally, I got around 81%. Not sure if that is good or bad because our province doesn't publish overall averages, only for those entering university. However, by looking at other people's marks on the grade sheets posted on the wall in the classroom (with student number), I did a little better than average in many classes and average in others.

In college, I'm doing fine except for in math.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

MathematicalOwl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2016, 8:17 am

At GCSE I only got really good grades in maths and physics. I barely managed a C in English, but my predicted grade was a high B. The rest of my grades were average, because I got good marks in the stuff that didn't involve writing, and bad marks in the stuff that did. My German teacher thought I would fail because I did so badly in the speaking and writing exams, but I got A* in reading and listening so my overall grade was a B.

I haven't got my overall A level results yet, but last year's results were A in maths and Bs in further maths and physics.

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Jul 2016, 11:34 pm

Hello. I am not finished high school, but every single mark I have gotten but one was about an 80. My overall average in grade 11 was 87%, which is considered in honour rolls. I am not doing as good in math and sciences as I have thought, but want to improve, and want to do well and will work hard to get 90s in them, or at least high 80s. My grade 11 biology I only got a 77%, which sucks for me. Bad teacher and too much memorizing (LD in working memory and other things), and I had the other two sciences at the same time, and had a major OCD episode (needing to wash hands every 5-10 minutes). I have learned that I can't be too stressed or else I get bad OCD, more than I have at the moment. I'm going off topic, sorry. I have never failed a class. As a kid though, I had problems with reading and writing.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 11:16 am

My scores were very uneven. I did well (top grade or second best) in Norwegian, English, social science and religion, and very poorly at maths, chemistry,physics and PE (barely passed). I would have flunked math if I had finished high school, and I only passed junior high because my teacher let me since I tried hard in 9th grade.
The rest of my grades were average.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2016, 2:39 pm

When I was in high school, I got high grades in everything but algebra/geometry. The effort I put in to get that D in geometry my final semester of my senior year would have given me an A in any other class. I still managed to graduate with a 3.3 GPA in the end. Now, I suspect I probably had dyscalculia, but nobody knew about that learning disability when I was in school, so people like me were screwed when it came to math.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 3:40 pm

The grading system in my country was measured by A-G system with an unclassified U which means didnt pass, I put failed one or more courses because I never got a grade back for one, and they classify passes if you got an A-C in a subject which I never got an A or B. Only reason was I couldn't concentrate, everyone in class was either yelling, being distracting, or throwing things at each other. Never did revise or did homework either, too much gaming in my childhood and parents weren't all that supportive either.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Sep 2016, 9:12 pm

I never failed a course but that's because some of the teachers curved my grades so I would pass. I did OK in some classes in school & even made As in a couple but one of those classes was PE.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

jacob.kuhn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2017, 11:32 pm

I didn't do that great in school because I spent too much time playing video games and have trouble with comprehension and writing essays and understanding literature, I was putting too much time into Maths and Science and didn't focus on my other subjects and I am naturally gifted with Maths. I was always in Advanced Maths and Science classes but I was in remedial English and History classes. I was getting bullied all the time and descriminated for having Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD and being physically uncoordinated and unathletic and people always made fun of my problems.

This was my recent Report card.
Mathematics A+
Physics A+
Quantum Physics A+
Earth Sciences A+
Chemistry A
Computer Science A+
Electronic Game Design A+
Web Design and Animation A
Programming A+
Astronomy A+
English F