Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jaymannj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2009, 8:10 pm

So im doing really bad in math... (69) and science (65)... i am in an academic track (meaning for those who wanna go to college). I told my mom that i would try... but i didnt, so my mom says i have no credibility. I lied a lot to her and stuff, and well its coming back to hurt, she wants to put me on voc track. but i do not wanna go on that. Plz help me!! !! any study tips that can help... i hate studying... i cant stand it. its like my worst enemy, and its huring my grades. also i cant sit down for homework, just start then like cant finish causei get agrivated and im lazy ( so i ended up just not doing it)... i know im not the only one who has this problem, so i came here to see if anyone else had this issue and knows like how to stop it, kinda like my motivation, idk wut to do. Im like the deer in the headlightes, to stupid to run and to lazy to move. My problem also is that i dont know how to approach her, i tried to do it but she just said save ur bs.... IDK what to do HELP PLZ

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2009, 2:35 am

How old are you? Do you actually like the subjects you are doing? When I was at school I used to get detention for not doing my homework all the time, then things sort of turned around in 6th form when I got to choose my subjects.
Ok - do you have a place where you feel like you can work comfortably without too many distractions? If not is there somewhere you can go? Do you have a local library or somewhere you can go to sit and work? Could you get some homework done at lunchtime or do you need a break then? (lots of questions I know)
What they always used to tell me was that I should do the things I liked least first. That never worked for me. It just meant I never did anything. Do the work that you can motivate yourself to do. I figure doing some homework is better than doing none.
One thing you can try is to take a piece of work tha you know should take you a certain amount of time, and decide something like "when I finish this work I can go and play this game" or something else that you really want to do. Make sure any distractions will not be nearly as interesting as that thing. Then if you get distracted you are wating the time you could be doing that, and you must not let yourself do that thing until that bit of work is done.
That's all I can think of for now tbh. Good luck.