No 11%  11%  [ 49 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 452

philosophylover
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2010, 1:44 am

jiveturkiye wrote:
teachers either loved me or hated me, and the ones that hated me made my life miserable. kids pick up off the vibes of an authority figure, so when the teacher hated me for being a creepy awkward snotty little professor, the kids followed suit. and when an authority figure picks on someone, it makes it acceptable for everyone else to, also. i don't think about it that much anymore, sometimes the traumatic memories pop up in my head as they are wont to do, but i suppose there's some old teachers of mine whose cars i would derive immense satisfaction from vandalizing.

Hey, are you Turkish? Because your name says Turkey :)

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 12:12 pm

Long story short, 5th grade elementary teacher. After I didn't show up for a play late at night because my parents had to work and I couldn't make it:

"Your parents are never at school and never help out at school. And you're useless! Get out of my classroom I can't look at you!"

I'll never forget that phrase. Just rude. Mom and dad had jobs. We couldn't make it, I already told him the day of the play I wouldn't make it to the night time play. I had already told him my parents had jobs. And he still behaves like that.

My last year of high school, I had a teacher who liked to undermine my intelligence. This is the same guy who tried to compare "Cost Opportunity Lost" to dating "Tomb Raider or Megan Fox".

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 2:24 pm

Teachers are simply bigots. It doesn't matter whether we were in schools 100 years ago or present time.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

ParadoxalParadigm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2010, 12:05 am

Oh dear, when I was in high school, one of my teachers was the cheer leading coach, and an English teacher, and the creative writing teacher. I couldn't stand her because she always put me in situations in my creative writing class that would make me look socially inept. Example: So I knew the word 'pimp', but I didn't know the exact meaning (and okay, I was 15 at the time). She made us enact some roles in the class, and for me, knowing I wouldn't know what it meant fully, she chose the word 'pimp' and told me to act like one. It resulted in me looking like an utter idiot in front of my other classmates.

8th Grade
A popular substitute teacher was subbing our class, and we were taking a test. Most of the class was being rowdy, but I took my test and finished it. He became so aggravated with everyone that he took all of our tests away and said that we would all get a failing grade, at which point I told him that I completed my test and that was unfair to those of us who weren't being rowdy. He then proceeded to mock me IN FRONT of the class, to the point that it made me cry in anger. And at the point that I began to cry, he started mocking me even more. I became so angry with him that when we were all leaving the class and I passed him and he resumed mocking me again, I told him to shut up (words I had NEVER said to an adult before) and stormed past him. Of course, I'M the one that got in trouble for that...

In general, though, I had a safe relationship with the teacher staff--especially now as I am in college.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2010, 7:11 am

No I had good teachers and people stopped bullying me in high school when I decided to become an angry commie. That lasted me till about sophmore year of college. :lol:

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2010, 7:14 am

ParadoxalParadigm wrote:
Oh dear, when I was in high school, one of my teachers was the cheer leading coach, and an English teacher, and the creative writing teacher. I couldn't stand her because she always put me in situations in my creative writing class that would make me look socially inept. Example: So I knew the word 'pimp', but I didn't know the exact meaning (and okay, I was 15 at the time). She made us enact some roles in the class, and for me, knowing I wouldn't know what it meant fully, she chose the word 'pimp' and told me to act like one. It resulted in me looking like an utter idiot in front of my other classmates.

8th Grade
A popular substitute teacher was subbing our class, and we were taking a test. Most of the class was being rowdy, but I took my test and finished it. He became so aggravated with everyone that he took all of our tests away and said that we would all get a failing grade, at which point I told him that I completed my test and that was unfair to those of us who weren't being rowdy. He then proceeded to mock me IN FRONT of the class, to the point that it made me cry in anger. And at the point that I began to cry, he started mocking me even more. I became so angry with him that when we were all leaving the class and I passed him and he resumed mocking me again, I told him to shut up (words I had NEVER said to an adult before) and stormed past him. Of course, I'M the one that got in trouble for that...

In general, though, I had a safe relationship with the teacher staff--especially now as I am in college.

I'm very sorry my friend. I hate it when teachers pick on students. I don't know what thats like, but the idea makes me cringe. The football coach at my high school stuck up for weaker kids. As a result, so did a lot of the jocks. So I actually did okay with the athletic department. Mr. Lopez = best football coach ever.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2011, 4:38 pm

I was bullied by a teacher in elementary school, but I don't want to explain it in detail.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 8:55 pm

A teacher called me "Fat" and "Blubber" and told everbody(including the students and my friends) about my diagnosis when I asked her not to. Oh yeah, she also said stuff about my religious beliefs when I did absolutley nothing to disrespect her beliefs.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 8:28 pm

I had a teacher who forced me to eat a three month old sandwich from the bottom of my bag. I also recall my six foot four principal bellowing at me (age eight) for not doing my homework for twenty minutes. Bunch of as*holes.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 8:32 pm

I've had some who would often give me a hard some...some who were bitchy...and others who would just sit on their ass while students were picking on me or laughing at me in their presence.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:30 pm

Don't know how I should vote.

I have had teachers I didn't like very much, but they just treated ALL the students like that. However, I have been bullied the admin before.

I also was bullied by some of the adults (and kids) at a camp I went to between 2006-2009.

However, I haven't been bullied by students much either. Though, I do believe that adults like me more than peers.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

TripleJ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2012, 7:06 pm

I had one that was passive while I was bullied. When I tried defending myself, she would often times justify the bullies (saying I needed to "loosen up"). One that in general was a jerk to every student because she was about to retire. I actually was on her good list, but she still was a jerk to me to a lesser extent. The worst one came in high school. He was manipulated by another student into believing I absolutely hated him. He started publicly belittle me for doing nothing and humiliate me. Every question I asked would be met with a swift "you were not listening" yell. When I had a queston on a test, rather than help say "You should have read the book." He helped others, restated what was already said five times for other students, and would practically give the answers to other students. He talked loudly so I knew.

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2012, 10:52 am

I was bullied by a college evolution professor for one semester; devastated me, and I had to repeat the class. (no I was not trying to force religion into the class; I just answered his in-class questions with correct answers that he was not looking for). Half the time I gave the right answer, and a student that raised his hand after me would say the same thing and get it correct. He stopped listening to me in-class. I only know I was being bullied because the students around me pointed out how odd the professor's interactions were to me.

The second time around (course repeated next semester), I made sure to use my accommodations. Got him to sign the paper for the accommodations.
When he realized I had needed accommodations for "something" (I didn't disclose) he became instant 'nicer'. :/

romarioL
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Dec 2012, 7:31 pm

When I was at the 3th grade I had a teacher who bullied me quite every moment, I thought she has a problem with me,although now I know that it was only lack of understanding about learning disabilities. In Brazil is very commom children who have any learning ot developmental disabilities suffer because no one understanss their learning problem. It is very poor the understanding about it in our society and it causes a lot of problems. When I was at the 3th grade everyone called me stupid ans I had problems to make friends and make schoolworks, I didn't like to be in classroom because of it. My teacher was not really a kind of bad people but she tried to teach me how to write correcty in the wrong way and it made me sad because I was really an inteligent child who made great quotations abou a lot of things. In Brazil if you can't aswer an writing test corrctly you will probably not be evaluated in other way, so people who have Dyslexia or another thing you'll have problems to make believe that you are an inteligent people. Tofay I know that I have deficit of attenption and I'll test if I have Aspergers.

Quazar
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2012, 4:22 am

Shadowgirl wrote:

In 4th grade my teacher liked to publicly humiliate me and when ever I did anything right she would be like "You can do that but you can't do school work"? (I had trouble understanding at the time)

6-7th A teacher that let others bully me and if I ever tried to stand up and defend myself I was the one that got it.

my grade 6 teacher was like your grade 4 and grade 6-7 teachers combined :(
Shadowgirl wrote:
Bulling teachers should be reported right away by child and parent so nobody ends up having to suffer it. I was thinking there has to be away to take preventative measures like cameras in the classroom or voice recordings undercover. Yeah I know sounds drastic but it matters it really does. Especially to one with special needs which are the most bullied of all.

I believe I have seen a few videos that showed teachers abusing their pupils it's horrible :C

ripcity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2013, 1:16 am

Not derectly by any teachers. Nome of them did anything about my fellow class mates though.