Do you play a musical instrument?

Page 9 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Do you play a musical instrument?
Yes. 39%  39%  [ 228 ]
Yes. 40%  40%  [ 238 ]
No. 10%  10%  [ 59 ]
No. 11%  11%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 590

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 10:38 am

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I hope I am able to find an instructor like that :D .

I know you would never complain about having Asperger's- I'm agreeing with you :D !

My summer camp is finally over, but we played games outside and had snack breaks and did things like that. I met a friend there that I was friends with my other friend last year, but we had never really been friends. We talk about my favorite teachers and going back to school soon :D !

They were good driving instructors. I hope you do well with your driving lessons!

We both agree that it is good having Asperger's syndrome!

Your story about Summer camp was interesting. I am glad you had a good time there & made a friend. I have not gone camping in a really long time. I used to talk about my teachers with my parents. I always had good teachers, and there were a few of them that I really liked a lot. I still E mail one of my old teachers from high school that I really liked.

Thank you! I hope I am able to stay in my lane when I drive on the road.

Yup! Sorry it takes me so long to reply, by the way. I think we are in different time zones and I forget to check the stats subforum a lot :oops: .

Thank you! I don't normally make friends that fast or well, but since she was an acquaintance I had at school I guess it was easier. I have one teacher who I really like a lot, but apparently we aren't allowed at Back to School night (we were planning to see our old teachers there). It's sad how we can't see them anymore, but hopefully I will meet some good teachers this year. :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

300series
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 6:13 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I know you would never complain about having Asperger's- I'm agreeing with you :D !

My summer camp is finally over, but we played games outside and had snack breaks and did things like that. I met a friend there that I was friends with my other friend last year, but we had never really been friends. We talk about my favorite teachers and going back to school soon :D !

They were good driving instructors. I hope you do well with your driving lessons!

Your story about Summer camp was interesting. I am glad you had a good time there & made a friend. I have not gone camping in a really long time. I used to talk about my teachers with my parents. I always had good teachers, and there were a few of them that I really liked a lot. I still E mail one of my old teachers from high school that I really liked.

Yup! Sorry it takes me so long to reply, by the way. I think we are in different time zones and I forget to check the stats subforum a lot :oops: .

Thank you! I don't normally make friends that fast or well, but since she was an acquaintance I had at school I guess it was easier. I have one teacher who I really like a lot, but apparently we aren't allowed at Back to School night (we were planning to see our old teachers there). It's sad how we can't see them anymore, but hopefully I will meet some good teachers this year. :D

Operating the steering wheel in a car just takes some getting used to; to stay in the lane when when you drive down the road, you just have to keep it straight & hold on to it tight. Once you get used to it, driving is a lot easier.

You can reply whenever you want to reply; I check the box on every topic I participate in which says Notify me when a reply is posted, so I get an E mail whenever I get a reply. I live in California, which is in the Pacific time zone.

I never made friends that fast or well either; however, I also knew some acquaintances who became friends. I guess it made it easier. When I went to school, I had a few teachers I really liked a lot too. I still saw them while I was still a student attending the school, even though I was not in their class any more. I never got to go to the Back To School nights either; in my school, they were only for the parents. During the Summer vacation, I always used to wonder what kind of teachers I would have when I returned for the next school year. I always felt uncomfortable on the first day of the school year, but they always turned out fine, and I quickly got used to being back in school again.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 6:48 pm

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Operating the steering wheel in a car just takes some getting used to; to stay in the lane when when you drive down the road, you just have to keep it straight & hold on to it tight. Once you get used to it, driving is a lot easier.

You can reply whenever you want to reply; I check the box on every topic I participate in which says Notify me when a reply is posted, so I get an E mail whenever I get a reply. I live in California, which is in the Pacific time zone.

I never made friends that fast or well either; however, I also knew some acquaintances who became friends. I guess it made it easier. When I went to school, I had a few teachers I really liked a lot too. I still saw them while I was still a student attending the school, even though I was not in their class any more. I never got to go to the Back To School nights either; in my school, they were only for the parents. During the Summer vacation, I always used to wonder what kind of teachers I would have when I returned for the next school year. I always felt uncomfortable on the first day of the school year, but they always turned out fine, and I quickly got used to being back in school again.

My school went to a place with an arcade and Go Karts last year. I am not allowed on the Go karts because I crash them into the walls so many times :lol: ! I tried playing a driving arcade game at the place where you had a steering wheel and all you had to do was Turn the wheel a little bit and I couldn't even do it! Hopefully real driving isn't like that game, otherwise I'm doomed! Later when my friend went on the Go Karts, I was waiting for her and when my teacher asked why I wasn't on the Go Karts, he remembered and said, "Oh yeah, I saw you trying to steer that driving game :D ."

That's good :D ! I just feel bad because I don't notice the Stats forum right away and I sometimes forget about this forum. Yeah, we aren't in the same time zone!

My best friend is the teacher I mentioned in the paragraph above. Many (all) of my friends and acquaintances also have autism/autistic traits or OCD, like me. I also find it easier to make friends with previous acquaintances, since you have already seen them. It's weird because at our Back to School night, the seventh graders are allowed to go, but the eighth graders (the grade I am in) aren't. My favorite teacher/best friend person said my new friend and I could come, but we wouldn't be able to talk very much with the teachers. My other teacher basically said we shouldn't come at all. We don't know what we should do, because we really miss our teachers!

I think I have a really mean teacher this year (she yelled at me when I was in seventh grade). Hopefully I get nice teachers for other classes! :D

Did you like school? Which was better, the learning part, or the social part? I like both, but I like seeing my teachers best.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

300series
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:53 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

My school went to a place with an arcade and Go Karts last year. I am not allowed on the Go karts because I crash them into the walls so many times :lol: ! I tried playing a driving arcade game at the place where you had a steering wheel and all you had to do was Turn the wheel a little bit and I couldn't even do it! Hopefully real driving isn't like that game, otherwise I'm doomed! Later when my friend went on the Go Karts, I was waiting for her and when my teacher asked why I wasn't on the Go Karts, he remembered and said, "Oh yeah, I saw you trying to steer that driving game :D ."

That's good :D ! I just feel bad because I don't notice the Stats forum right away and I sometimes forget about this forum. Yeah, we aren't in the same time zone!

My best friend is the teacher I mentioned in the paragraph above. Many (all) of my friends and acquaintances also have autism/autistic traits or OCD, like me. I also find it easier to make friends with previous acquaintances, since you have already seen them. It's weird because at our Back to School night, the seventh graders are allowed to go, but the eighth graders (the grade I am in) aren't. My favorite teacher/best friend person said my new friend and I could come, but we wouldn't be able to talk very much with the teachers. My other teacher basically said we shouldn't come at all. We don't know what we should do, because we really miss our teachers!

I think I have a really mean teacher this year (she yelled at me when I was in seventh grade). Hopefully I get nice teachers for other classes! :D

Did you like school? Which was better, the learning part, or the social part? I like both, but I like seeing my teachers best.

The arcade & Go Karts sound like fun! I have never done either one of them before. I have never been good at video games, and I have never driven a Go Kart before. I do not know if driving in real life is like the games or the Go Karts. When I was a student driver, turning the steering wheel was difficult when I began, but it gradually got easier the more I did it. The pedals were also confusing for me because I did not know which foot I was supposed to step on them with, and you have to operate the pedals & the steering wheel simultaneously. Also, every car is different, and they all have different driving characteristics, and every car feels different, so every car also takes some getting used to.

It seems like the Stats forum is more difficult to find, since it is at the end of the page, and I do not look at it as often as other topics. We are in different time zones, but I check my E mail & Wrong Planet every morning & evening.

From Kindergarten until most of fourth grade, I attended regular education in the public elementary school. My parents took me out of that school & transferred me to a small private school for special needs students. It was difficult for me to make friends when I was in school, especially with my classmates. I was always more comfortable around my teachers. I think it was just because they seemed to understand me & my Asperger's syndrome better. I also seemed to have more in common with them than my classmates. There were a few students that I was comfortable around who had autistic traits, and I got along with them better than other students. My schools had parent/teacher night, and I never went to them, but they my parents always returned home & said I was doing well in school.

I never liked my teachers in elementary school. They yelled at me & told me that I was doing badly in class, and they also gave me bad grades. Once I changed to the small private schools, I had good teachers, and I did a lot better in school, so my grades improved a lot. There were still some teachers that I did not really like, but most of them were good teachers who liked me & I got along well with.

I did not really like seventh or eighth grade very much because the subjects were boring, and I did not have any friends.

I liked school, and I have good memories of my school days. I liked both the learning & the social part. There were some subjects that I was good at, but other subjects were harder for me. I liked being social with my teachers & a few friends I had, and most of my teachers wanted me to learn how to be more sociable & make more friends.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 9:40 pm

It was really fun, especially with my teacher and friend there! I'm not that good at video games, and the Go Kart didn't go so well (like I mentioned in my last post :D ), but I still loved it. I even won one of those claw machine games! There were stuffed Pac Men and since they were round, it was very easy to win. Some people got like 10! I'm pretty sure I suck at driving a Go Kart, no matter what the pedals are :D .

I try to check this forum as much as possible. I should really subscribe to it, but I don't have my mobile device with me when I go out (I don't have a phone and I would need wifi anyway).

I completely get what you mean. I am still in a mainstream school, but I always like making friends with my teachers more. They get me, and they don't judge/question if I do something weird or get upset at a loud noise. I also get along with older people because, well, I'm not entirely sure. I just do, and I love seeing my favorite teacher. I went to my friend's birthday party today, and she has autistic traits as well. I never am part of the big group, I am always the one on the outside with other "outcasts." The good thing is, we don't have to be outcasts since we can make friends with each other.

I'm sorry your teachers were so mean to you. I know teachers like that, and I think I may even have a teacher like that this year. There are teachers I don't really care for as well, but the nice ones make up for them.

I am absolutely terrible at math (algebra is extremely difficult for me), but I am okay at history because my favorite teacher taught it last year. I have around 3-5 friends, and I also have a few people that don't really "count" as friends but they are still kind of there :D . It depends on your definition of "friend", really. Some people might say I have no friends, others might say I have a few, and others may say I have many.

Did you like high school? I hope I will like it. What did you like to do for fun? Were your special interests now the same as when you were little, or have they changed?

300series
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 12:15 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
It was really fun, especially with my teacher and friend there! I'm not that good at video games, and the Go Kart didn't go so well (like I mentioned in my last post :D ), but I still loved it. I even won one of those claw machine games! There were stuffed Pac Men and since they were round, it was very easy to win. Some people got like 10! I'm pretty sure I suck at driving a Go Kart, no matter what the pedals are :D .

I try to check this forum as much as possible. I should really subscribe to it, but I don't have my mobile device with me when I go out (I don't have a phone and I would need wifi anyway).

I completely get what you mean. I am still in a mainstream school, but I always like making friends with my teachers more. They get me, and they don't judge/question if I do something weird or get upset at a loud noise. I also get along with older people because, well, I'm not entirely sure. I just do, and I love seeing my favorite teacher. I went to my friend's birthday party today, and she has autistic traits as well. I never am part of the big group, I am always the one on the outside with other "outcasts." The good thing is, we don't have to be outcasts since we can make friends with each other.

I'm sorry your teachers were so mean to you. I know teachers like that, and I think I may even have a teacher like that this year. There are teachers I don't really care for as well, but the nice ones make up for them.

I am absolutely terrible at math (algebra is extremely difficult for me), but I am okay at history because my favorite teacher taught it last year. I have around 3-5 friends, and I also have a few people that don't really "count" as friends but they are still kind of there :D . It depends on your definition of "friend", really. Some people might say I have no friends, others might say I have a few, and others may say I have many.

Did you like high school? I hope I will like it. What did you like to do for fun? Were your special interests now the same as when you were little, or have they changed?

That is great that you had so much fun. I am not skilled at video games or Go Karts either. I have only done those claw machine games a few times, and I have never won them.

I do not have any mobile devices either. I just check Wrong Planet on my computer at my house. It is something I do for fun when I am at home.

I never had any friends in the mainstream school I attended, which is one of the reasons why my parents took me out of it & had me change schools. Even after changing schools, I could never make friends easily with my classmates. I always felt safer around my teachers. I have never been part of the big groups either, and I have always been an outcast too.

I wish my teachers were nicer to me too, but fortunately, I had more good teachers than bad teachers. I am sorry that you may have a teacher that you may not like. Good luck with your school year!

I was exactly the same way with math. I was absolutely terrible at math too. Algebra & geometry were the hardest subjects for me at school. I just never understood it, and none of it made any sense to me. I did not like gym or physical education class either. History was also okay for me too, and I also liked writing. I had a few "friends" in school, but they were mostly students who approached me & offered to be my friend, and also talked to me.

High school was an interesting time for me. My freshman year was strange & awkward for me because I was in a new school with new routines & curriculum, and I did not know any one there. I liked my sophomore & junior years the best because I had 2 great teachers in class, and they both became my favourite teachers. I got along really well with both of them, and we also had a lot in common. They cared a lot about me & the other students, and they were a lot of fun too. I was very sad during my senior year because I was assigned a new class with a new teacher that I did not like as much. I no-longer had my favourite teachers any more, and I missed being in their class. I still like to think about my days in high school, and remember the good times. I still E mail one of my teachers from my sophomore & junior years. My other teacher from those 2 years moved away a long time ago, and I wish I could still keep in touch with him too.

I hope you like high school too. It was a unique time for me, and it will probably be interesting for you too.

During high school, I really liked movies & music; they were 2 of my special interests that I liked to do for fun, and I still like them today. I would talk with my teachers about them, and we liked some of the same movies & music. One of my two favourite teachers really liked independent films, and he got me interested in them. I liked cars too, and I liked reading about them & talking with my teachers about them. I was also learning how to drive when I was in high school. I also liked photography, and I was in the yearbook club. I took pictures for the school yearbook, and it was a lot of fun. Another special interest I was was maps & atlases. I read them a lot when I was a kid, and I still like them today. I think my special interests are still the same, although they have changed a little bit; I have just added other interests to what I already like.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 4:29 pm

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

That is great that you had so much fun. I am not skilled at video games or Go Karts either. I have only done those claw machine games a few times, and I have never won them.

I do not have any mobile devices either. I just check Wrong Planet on my computer at my house. It is something I do for fun when I am at home.

I never had any friends in the mainstream school I attended, which is one of the reasons why my parents took me out of it & had me change schools. Even after changing schools, I could never make friends easily with my classmates. I always felt safer around my teachers. I have never been part of the big groups either, and I have always been an outcast too.

I wish my teachers were nicer to me too, but fortunately, I had more good teachers than bad teachers. I am sorry that you may have a teacher that you may not like. Good luck with your school year!

I was exactly the same way with math. I was absolutely terrible at math too. Algebra & geometry were the hardest subjects for me at school. I just never understood it, and none of it made any sense to me. I did not like gym or physical education class either. History was also okay for me too, and I also liked writing. I had a few "friends" in school, but they were mostly students who approached me & offered to be my friend, and also talked to me.

High school was an interesting time for me. My freshman year was strange & awkward for me because I was in a new school with new routines & curriculum, and I did not know any one there. I liked my sophomore & junior years the best because I had 2 great teachers in class, and they both became my favourite teachers. I got along really well with both of them, and we also had a lot in common. They cared a lot about me & the other students, and they were a lot of fun too. I was very sad during my senior year because I was assigned a new class with a new teacher that I did not like as much. I no-longer had my favourite teachers any more, and I missed being in their class. I still like to think about my days in high school, and remember the good times. I still E mail one of my teachers from my sophomore & junior years. My other teacher from those 2 years moved away a long time ago, and I wish I could still keep in touch with him too.

I hope you like high school too. It was a unique time for me, and it will probably be interesting for you too.

During high school, I really liked movies & music; they were 2 of my special interests that I liked to do for fun, and I still like them today. I would talk with my teachers about them, and we liked some of the same movies & music. One of my two favourite teachers really liked independent films, and he got me interested in them. I liked cars too, and I liked reading about them & talking with my teachers about them. I was also learning how to drive when I was in high school. I also liked photography, and I was in the yearbook club. I took pictures for the school yearbook, and it was a lot of fun. Another special interest I was was maps & atlases. I read them a lot when I was a kid, and I still like them today. I think my special interests are still the same, although they have changed a little bit; I have just added other interests to what I already like.

I have an iPad, but it gets very annoying to type on it so I just use a laptop. It's much easier!

Thank you very much for the good luck! I am going to need it, as this teacher yells a lot. Fortunately, my previous teacher is right across the hallway, so maybe he will put in a good word for me :D .

I hat physical education! It's the worst! I am terrible at all the sports, so nobody ever wants me on their team. I enjoy writing as well. I have made one friend in my life who I apprached first, and that was only to ask if I could build puzzles.

I'm sorry you got separated from your teachers. That's sad :( . It's good how you can still contact one of them, though.

I hope I like high school. It seems pretty scary! Did you like any subjects in high school? Did math get any easier?

When I was younger, I used to be an avid reader, and that is still there, but mostly only for certain topics. It's cool how you were able to share your interests with your teachers- sometimes my favorite teacher asks me about Minecraft. What sort of maps do you like? It's cool how you were in the Yearbook Club. I'm planning to join my favorite teacher's club this year.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 6:50 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I have an iPad, but it gets very annoying to type on it so I just use a laptop. It's much easier!

Thank you very much for the good luck! I am going to need it, as this teacher yells a lot. Fortunately, my previous teacher is right across the hallway, so maybe he will put in a good word for me :D .

I hat physical education! It's the worst! I am terrible at all the sports, so nobody ever wants me on their team. I enjoy writing as well. I have made one friend in my life who I apprached first, and that was only to ask if I could build puzzles.

I'm sorry you got separated from your teachers. That's sad :( . It's good how you can still contact one of them, though.

I hope I like high school. It seems pretty scary! Did you like any subjects in high school? Did math get any easier?

When I was younger, I used to be an avid reader, and that is still there, but mostly only for certain topics. It's cool how you were able to share your interests with your teachers- sometimes my favorite teacher asks me about Minecraft. What sort of maps do you like? It's cool how you were in the Yearbook Club. I'm planning to join my favorite teacher's club this year.

I used to have an iPad, and it was one of the early models. It worked well for the first few years, but it got "locked out" a few years ago. The last time I tried to use it, it showed a message on the display screen telling me to enter a code that I did not have. I do not even know if I still have it any more, and I do not know where it is now. Today, I only use my laptop computer, and I do not own any mobile devices. It is also much easier for me too.

I hope everything goes well for you in high school, and I hope that you are successful. I am sorry you have a bad teacher who yells a lot. Some of my teachers were that way too. Fortunately, I also had good teachers who defended me & looked out for me.

I hated physical education too! It was my worst subject too! I have never been a sports fan, and I never played any sports either. I was so bad at sports that I did not even know the rules of any sports, and I still do not know the rules today. None of my classmates wanted me to play on their teams either. I also really hated the disgusting boys' bathroom & locker room, and having to change in to the school's physical education uniforms that they made the students wear.

I liked writing, too. My favourite teacher from my sophomore & junior years was good at teaching writing, and I always got good grades at writing. I wrote some really good stories in his class. I sometimes did puzzles in school too, and other students would work on them with me too.

Senior year was a sad time for me, being in a new class without my 2 favourite teachers any more. They both still taught at the school during that year, and I would still see them during lunch time. I would still talk with them & tell them how I am doing, and how much I missed being in their class. I still like talking with the teacher who is still around, and we talk about the old times & I also update him on what I am doing now.

For the longest time, high school was scary too, but it gradually got better for me. The high school I attended was a small special education private school, which my parents felt was a better fit for me that the mainstream public high school that I lived near, which both of my neurotypical brothers attended. I liked a lot of subjects in school. I liked writing, English, grammar, biology, physical science, history, and advisory. They were subjects I was good at. Literature was okay; I liked reading the stories, but in my literature class, we had a textbook with stories where I had to answer questions about how well I read the story, which was harder for me, so I did not like it as much. I like music, but I did not like the music class I was in at school. Math gradually got easier the more I worked on it, but it was still difficult for me, especially when a new concept was introduced. A few times, I had to stay after school so my teacher could work with me privately & help me understand it better.

I am the same way with reading. I was an avid reader when I was younger too, but now I only like to read about topics which interest me. I liked sharing my interests with my teachers too, and they always seemed interested in hearing about things I liked. I like all different kinds of maps; I like world maps, road maps, online maps, ancient historical maps, and city maps. I even have a road atlas & a county map called The Thomas Guide in my car. I used to have a globe when I was younger, and I wish I still had it! Yearbook club was a lot of fun. I got to take pictures for the yearbook, and I also designed the yearbook & all of its pages with my teacher & classmates in the club. I still have all of my school yearbooks somewhere, and I liked reading them. I hope you enjoy your favourite teacher's club this year, and have fun at school!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:32 pm

Yeah, my iPad is a really old model. I got it when I was 11 years old. I should probably just give up on it or get a new device since it is so slow, but I can deal with it for the time being.

Thank you so much! I'm sure my favorite teachers will stick up for me if I get into trouble. I'm not even a bad kid- teachers that I have had said they wish they could just clone me instead of having other students! But this teacher still yelled at me. I had another teacher yell at me during a fire drill once. I was overwhelmed enough without her screaming, "What are you, new to the school?" (I couldn't find my class outside).

I tried basketball and tennis once when I was little, and I absolutely sucked. Not only that, but I kind of felt like I wasn't part of my team since they all joked and had fun with each other and I just sat on the side watching. I played baby T-ball when I was very little, and I put a traffic cone on my head :D . I don't watch or play sports, and I can't play a lot of them. I'm not even a good swimmer. I'm pretty sure I would drown if I was in the middle of the ocean. I hate locker rooms so much! I just go to the bathroom to change because I can't stand them.

Writing is pretty nice. I enjoy it a lot. I wish I could eat lunch with all my old teachers! I miss them a lot. It's pretty hard to leave good teachers behind, but hopefully I will still be able to keep in touch with at least one of my teachers too.

I hope I can get help if I need it in high school like you did! What is advisory? I have never heard of it before. I do like biology- I learned some basic biology last year.

I was hyperlexic when I was younger, so I read anything I could get my hands on. Now, I have absolutely no attention span for things that don't interest me and I am so easily distracted. I like talking to adults more because they care about topics that other kids don't like. Ancient historical maps sound pretty cool to me, as well as the other kinds. What happened to your globe? Yearbook club sounds pretty cool! Thank you so much for the kind wishes!

By the way, do you still want to talk? I miss social cues sometimes, I have noticed, and I can't tell if you still want to talk here or not :D .

300series
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 2:10 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Yeah, my iPad is a really old model. I got it when I was 11 years old. I should probably just give up on it or get a new device since it is so slow, but I can deal with it for the time being.

Thank you so much! I'm sure my favorite teachers will stick up for me if I get into trouble. I'm not even a bad kid- teachers that I have had said they wish they could just clone me instead of having other students! But this teacher still yelled at me. I had another teacher yell at me during a fire drill once. I was overwhelmed enough without her screaming, "What are you, new to the school?" (I couldn't find my class outside).

I tried basketball and tennis once when I was little, and I absolutely sucked. Not only that, but I kind of felt like I wasn't part of my team since they all joked and had fun with each other and I just sat on the side watching. I played baby T-ball when I was very little, and I put a traffic cone on my head :D . I don't watch or play sports, and I can't play a lot of them. I'm not even a good swimmer. I'm pretty sure I would drown if I was in the middle of the ocean. I hate locker rooms so much! I just go to the bathroom to change because I can't stand them.

Writing is pretty nice. I enjoy it a lot. I wish I could eat lunch with all my old teachers! I miss them a lot. It's pretty hard to leave good teachers behind, but hopefully I will still be able to keep in touch with at least one of my teachers too.

I hope I can get help if I need it in high school like you did! What is advisory? I have never heard of it before. I do like biology- I learned some basic biology last year.

I was hyperlexic when I was younger, so I read anything I could get my hands on. Now, I have absolutely no attention span for things that don't interest me and I am so easily distracted. I like talking to adults more because they care about topics that other kids don't like. Ancient historical maps sound pretty cool to me, as well as the other kinds. What happened to your globe? Yearbook club sounds pretty cool! Thank you so much for the kind wishes!

By the way, do you still want to talk? I miss social cues sometimes, I have noticed, and I can't tell if you still want to talk here or not :D .

I can live just fine without my iPad; it was 4 years ago when it stopped working, and I have just used my laptop computer ever since then. As long as I have some kind of Internet service, then I am satisfied. My old iPad was slow too, but I still used it anyway.

I was glad that my favourite teachers stuck up for me whenever I got in to trouble or when I was having a problem. I was never a bad kid either. One of my principals told me that "I wish we could just have a whole school full of you," since I was a good student & I was never a problem child. I hated fire drills; all of the noise & the possibility of a real fire always stressed me out. I am sorry that the teacher yelled at you during the fire drill, and that you could not find your class outside. Some teachers are just obnoxious, and they really should be more sympathetic towards students.

I absolutely sucked at sports too. In physical education class, we played sports like football, basketball, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, badminton, tennis, and softball. I sucked at all of them, and I only participated because it was required as part of my grades. I have never been competitive & I could never "get in to" the games either; I would just run around like every one else was doing, but I would always just think about something else. Another problem I had was that whenever I was playing baseball or softball, I could never hold on to the ball bat; every time I took a swing, the ball bat always flew out of my hands. One time, the ball bat flew clear across the playing fields, and landed on the ground right next to some kids seated at a table; fortunately, it did not hit them. I can not stand locker rooms either! I only used them to change my clothes too. I do not watch or play sports either, and I can't play them either. I am not a good swimmer either, and I think I would also drown too. When I was growing up, my father would sometimes take me & my brothers to a San Diego Padres baseball game, and I used to watch the Olympic games on television with my mother. I had no interest in any of those sports either, and I just watched them as a way of spending quality time with my family. I do not go to any ball games or watch Olympics on television any more.

I liked your story about playing baby T-ball & putting a traffic cone on your head.

I enjoyed writing a lot too. I also wish I could reunite with all my old teachers & eat lunch with them too. I hated to leave my best teachers behind. My 2 teachers that I really liked a lot from high school were really good friends to me. We used to tell each other everything, and also write notes to each other, and we also had our own personal journal where we would tell each other how we were doing & what was on our minds. We also had our own special way of greeting each other, and I had a nickname that I used to call one of them. The nickname was "six hundred." I called him that name because his initials were DC, which is also the Roman numeral for the number 600. DC also stands for District Of Columbia, which I also used to tell him. I am glad I am still in touch with one of those teachers, but I miss the other one a lot; I wonder if he still remembers me today.

I could always get help in high school whenever I needed it, but asking for help always made me nervous & uncomfortable.

Advisory was a class I had in my high school where we discussed topics about growing up like socialising, making new friends, dating, peer pressure, drugs & alcohol, family relationships, marriage, rebellion, personal hygiene, puberty, getting a job, money, finances, and the future. It was an interesting class, and we had some lively discussions. I liked biology too; we did some fun experiments in biology class, and I still like learning about subjects related to biology.

I liked to read a lot when I was younger too, but today I only read about subjects that I like, or that are about my special interests. I was always more comfortable talking to adults too because they seemed more tolerant towards me than my classmates, and I felt like I could be honest with them. I have always liked maps, and I still like to look at them today. I think my globe was either lost or given away when my family moved in to a new house when I was 11 years old.

I highly recommend joining the yearbook club if your school offers it! It was really cool & a lot of fun!

I still want to talk. I really enjoy our conversation on here. Your stories are very fascinating, and you are very intelligent. I also like sharing stories with you about my life & my experiences. I also miss social cues sometimes, and I do not know what people want either. Talk to you again soon!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 6:49 pm

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I can live just fine without my iPad; it was 4 years ago when it stopped working, and I have just used my laptop computer ever since then. As long as I have some kind of Internet service, then I am satisfied. My old iPad was slow too, but I still used it anyway.

I was glad that my favourite teachers stuck up for me whenever I got in to trouble or when I was having a problem. I was never a bad kid either. One of my principals told me that "I wish we could just have a whole school full of you," since I was a good student & I was never a problem child. I hated fire drills; all of the noise & the possibility of a real fire always stressed me out. I am sorry that the teacher yelled at you during the fire drill, and that you could not find your class outside. Some teachers are just obnoxious, and they really should be more sympathetic towards students.

I absolutely sucked at sports too. In physical education class, we played sports like football, basketball, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, badminton, tennis, and softball. I sucked at all of them, and I only participated because it was required as part of my grades. I have never been competitive & I could never "get in to" the games either; I would just run around like every one else was doing, but I would always just think about something else. Another problem I had was that whenever I was playing baseball or softball, I could never hold on to the ball bat; every time I took a swing, the ball bat always flew out of my hands. One time, the ball bat flew clear across the playing fields, and landed on the ground right next to some kids seated at a table; fortunately, it did not hit them. I can not stand locker rooms either! I only used them to change my clothes too. I do not watch or play sports either, and I can't play them either. I am not a good swimmer either, and I think I would also drown too. When I was growing up, my father would sometimes take me & my brothers to a San Diego Padres baseball game, and I used to watch the Olympic games on television with my mother. I had no interest in any of those sports either, and I just watched them as a way of spending quality time with my family. I do not go to any ball games or watch Olympics on television any more.

I liked your story about playing baby T-ball & putting a traffic cone on your head.

I enjoyed writing a lot too. I also wish I could reunite with all my old teachers & eat lunch with them too. I hated to leave my best teachers behind. My 2 teachers that I really liked a lot from high school were really good friends to me. We used to tell each other everything, and also write notes to each other, and we also had our own personal journal where we would tell each other how we were doing & what was on our minds. We also had our own special way of greeting each other, and I had a nickname that I used to call one of them. The nickname was "six hundred." I called him that name because his initials were DC, which is also the Roman numeral for the number 600. DC also stands for District Of Columbia, which I also used to tell him. I am glad I am still in touch with one of those teachers, but I miss the other one a lot; I wonder if he still remembers me today.

I could always get help in high school whenever I needed it, but asking for help always made me nervous & uncomfortable.

Advisory was a class I had in my high school where we discussed topics about growing up like socialising, making new friends, dating, peer pressure, drugs & alcohol, family relationships, marriage, rebellion, personal hygiene, puberty, getting a job, money, finances, and the future. It was an interesting class, and we had some lively discussions. I liked biology too; we did some fun experiments in biology class, and I still like learning about subjects related to biology.

I liked to read a lot when I was younger too, but today I only read about subjects that I like, or that are about my special interests. I was always more comfortable talking to adults too because they seemed more tolerant towards me than my classmates, and I felt like I could be honest with them. I have always liked maps, and I still like to look at them today. I think my globe was either lost or given away when my family moved in to a new house when I was 11 years old.

I highly recommend joining the yearbook club if your school offers it! It was really cool & a lot of fun!

I still want to talk. I really enjoy our conversation on here. Your stories are very fascinating, and you are very intelligent. I also like sharing stories with you about my life & my experiences. I also miss social cues sometimes, and I do not know what people want either. Talk to you again soon!

I get what you mean. Everyone I know can't seem to live without their phones. When I went to the birthday party two days ago, everyone except my friend and I were playing on their phones while we were having fun on a giant pool toy that looked like a swan. People are so addicted to their phones. They weren't even doing anything productive. They were looking up people's Instagrams (social media platform) and saying mean things about them.

Thank you for your sympathy. The teacher that yelled at me doesn't seem very nice. I have always been the quiet kid that doesn't say much, if anything. I get very anxious at fire drills, so it really is hard. I can't stand loud noises, especially if they are as sudden as the fire alarm.

I hate all sports as well! The only sport I kind of liked last year was tennis, but that was because I didn't have to talk to anybody and we had to all be quiet, which was a nice break from all the screaming in the rest of the sports we played. I liked your story about the bat- I have a friend who does the same thing. It's good that it didn't hit anyone. I am a terrible swimmer too! We were playing a game at the party and my friend and I almost drowned. We were on one of those boards with the string you can attach to yourself so the board doesn't float away. I had the string tied to my wrist, and my friend accidentally got tangled in it. That was pretty scary. I hate watching sports. I have to go to a baseball game for a field trip this year, and I am not looking forward to it at all!

Thanks! I'm glad you liked my story :D .

It's cool how you were able to write your teachers notes and call one of them a nickname. That's pretty great!

Advisory sounds like my health classes :D . We have some pretty lively (and embarrassing) discussions in that class as well. We don't learn about life things, but we do learn about personal hygiene, drugs/alcohol/smoking, and related things. I enjoyed biology as well! I really like learning about what cancer really is and genetic disorders.

It's sad how your globe got lost/sold when you moved. Moving is always sad for me. I remember I had a lot of nightmares for a long time after I moved. I would wake up crying because I missed my old house and my extended family.

I would join the Yearbook club, but it is run by a teacher who I am kind of afraid of. There are a few mean teachers at my school.

That's good! I am enjoying talking to you as well. Thank you very much, I really like hearing about you as well. You are very wise and smart (much more than me!), and I like your love for certain teachers you had. I love reading what you have to write. I was slipping back into my depression earlier (All my obsessive thoughts can sometimes make me very unhappy), but when I saw what you had written it stopped me from becoming sad again :D . I didn't know I was missing social cues until my mom pointed something out, but I guess I do, so it is easier to just ask what people really want sometimes! I hope you don't mind. I will talk to you soon as well! :D

300series
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 7:02 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I get what you mean. Everyone I know can't seem to live without their phones. When I went to the birthday party two days ago, everyone except my friend and I were playing on their phones while we were having fun on a giant pool toy that looked like a swan. People are so addicted to their phones. They weren't even doing anything productive. They were looking up people's Instagrams (social media platform) and saying mean things about them.

Thank you for your sympathy. The teacher that yelled at me doesn't seem very nice. I have always been the quiet kid that doesn't say much, if anything. I get very anxious at fire drills, so it really is hard. I can't stand loud noises, especially if they are as sudden as the fire alarm.

I hate all sports as well! The only sport I kind of liked last year was tennis, but that was because I didn't have to talk to anybody and we had to all be quiet, which was a nice break from all the screaming in the rest of the sports we played. I liked your story about the bat- I have a friend who does the same thing. It's good that it didn't hit anyone. I am a terrible swimmer too! We were playing a game at the party and my friend and I almost drowned. We were on one of those boards with the string you can attach to yourself so the board doesn't float away. I had the string tied to my wrist, and my friend accidentally got tangled in it. That was pretty scary. I hate watching sports. I have to go to a baseball game for a field trip this year, and I am not looking forward to it at all!

Thanks! I'm glad you liked my story :D .

It's cool how you were able to write your teachers notes and call one of them a nickname. That's pretty great!

Advisory sounds like my health classes :D . We have some pretty lively (and embarrassing) discussions in that class as well. We don't learn about life things, but we do learn about personal hygiene, drugs/alcohol/smoking, and related things. I enjoyed biology as well! I really like learning about what cancer really is and genetic disorders.

It's sad how your globe got lost/sold when you moved. Moving is always sad for me. I remember I had a lot of nightmares for a long time after I moved. I would wake up crying because I missed my old house and my extended family.

I would join the Yearbook club, but it is run by a teacher who I am kind of afraid of. There are a few mean teachers at my school.

That's good! I am enjoying talking to you as well. Thank you very much, I really like hearing about you as well. You are very wise and smart (much more than me!), and I like your love for certain teachers you had. I love reading what you have to write. I was slipping back into my depression earlier (All my obsessive thoughts can sometimes make me very unhappy), but when I saw what you had written it stopped me from becoming sad again :D . I didn't know I was missing social cues until my mom pointed something out, but I guess I do, so it is easier to just ask what people really want sometimes! I hope you don't mind. I will talk to you soon as well! :D

I really hate cell phones. They make me really mad. Society is so addicted to cell phones that they can not survive without them. I have a cell phone, but it is a very basic no-frills cell phone that I only use to make telephone calls. I prefer to spend my time doing productive things I have a profile on a different social media platform called Face Book, but I am not very active on it, and I only check it once every few weeks or months. I never say mean things to any one on it.

I am sorry that you have a mean teacher who yells at you. Just like you, I was also the quiet kid who did not say much, if anything, to any one. Sometimes, students & teachers would talk to me, but it was always just a quick question or something brief; I never approached any one or had conversations with any of them. I hated fire drills too. They were always so loud & sudden, and I always worried that there may be an actual fire in the school. They were very hard for me.

We both hate sports! I do not know anything about tennis; I have never played it before. Did you not enjoy playing tennis? It seems a lot more quiet than other sports. Golf also seems like a quiet sport where you do not have to talk to talk to any one. The high school I attended put a lot of emphasis on sports & wanted all of the students to play sports, but I only played sports in physical education class, and I just played enough to meet the grade requirement. I never played on the school's teams or outside of school either. The school's sports teams used to play at recreation places in San Diego, and they used to take all of the students to see their games & championships, which I never liked going to. They were always so loud, especially the contact sports, and the teachers used to encourage me & my classmates to get loud & cheer the players on. I would also get bored watching the games, and the worst part was that there was no way of getting out of going to the games. I would have preferred staying at school & doing academic work.

I do not know why it was so hard for me to hold on to a ball bat whenever a baseball or softball was pitched to me, but since your friend also does the same thing, I now know that I am not the only person who did it. Back when I was still in school, my 2 teachers that I really liked a lot used to joke with me that I have a "bat disability" because I could never hold on to the bat, and it always flew out of my hands!

I was sorry to hear about what happened to you & your friend at the party on the board, but it is good that you did not drown. I suck at swimming too. I always worried about drowning, and I have always been uncomfortable wearing a bathing suit, so I do not go swimming or to the beach. My Dad has a swimming pool at his house, but I have never used it. My family also had a swimming pool at one of our old houses when I was a kid, but I did not swim in it either.

I hate watching sports too! They are all so boring, and I do not know the rules of any sports, so I do not know what is going on or what the athletes are doing. I can never get in to any sports. I had to go to a baseball game for a field trip one time. During my freshman year in high school, the whole school went to see a San Diego Padres baseball game, and I hated it! I hope you can find some way to get out of the baseball game field trip.

Yes, I liked your story. It was neat.

My teachers were really great, and I miss them. I think I may still have some of the old notes we wrote to each other somewhere. Yesterday was one of the teacher's birthdays, and I sent him an E mail wishing him a happy birthday, and I told him what I am doing now. He turned 61 years old yesterday. My other teacher that I really liked, who is not around any more, has a birthday on Thursday. He will be 52 years old. If I had any way to contact him, then I would wish him a happy birthday too. I still remember both of their birthdays & ages from back when I was their student. I have always had a really good memory.

Advisory was a fun class, and I always liked learning about the different subjects we talked about. I liked learning about health & growing up, and listening to what my classmates & teachers thought about them. Biology was also fun. I liked learning about different diseases & all of the different body parts like organs, muscles, bones, skin, and genetics. We also learned about different animals, and scientific classification of different species.

I hated to lose my globe too. I have never liked moving either. I also used to have nightmares about moving, and it made me sad. I moved in to my current place almost 2 years ago, and hopefully, it is the last time I ever have to move. Periodically, I drive to the old houses I used to live in, and it makes me happy to think about the good times I had when I lived in them. I do not know who lives in any of my old houses now.

I am sorry that you can not join the year book club because of the teacher who teaches it, and that you have mean teachers. There were some teachers that I did not like either, and I used to wish that I was not in their class either.

You are welcome! You are fun to talk to as well! You are also wise & smart, and I like reading what you write as well. I get depressed & have obsessive thoughts too. I also miss social cues too, and sometimes I have to ask people what they want. I do not mind. I will talk to you again soon.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 12:59 pm

It seems like the whole world can't live without their cell phones! It just distracts people from what is more important. I have never met anyone besides you who does anything productive on their cell phone, except maybe work. I have heard of Facebook and I don't need one. The closest thing I have to social media is this forum and I play on some Minecraft servers. I also have a YouTube account, but I don't comment, it's just so I can like Stampy's (my favorite YouTuber) videos. Some people are just cruel. They just can't stop gossiping and dramatizing everything. I don't get along with those types of people.

I never approach anyone either. I am lucky because I have friends who have taken the time to approach me. My friends I know in person are all very weird, so we get along well. Fire drills are terrible for me too. I also hate loud assemblies, and the lunchroom can also be hard sometimes as well. Some of my friends want to eat in the courtyard this year, and I don't want to move from our old spot (I don't like change), but it may be quieter out there. I ate lunch with my friend and her other friend last year. Sometimes kids that were badly behaved would come over to our table and we would be afraid of getting in trouble. They threw food and got up out of their seat when they weren't supposed to. Hopefully they won't bother us this year.

I was terrible at tennis, but I enjoyed it more than the other sports we played in gym. It was a nice, quiet sport, and I didn't have to feel bad for playing so horribly because I just played with my friend. I think I would like golf more than other sports as well. Almost everyone at my school plays sports and stays after school, but I don't. Those recreation places sound like my pep rallies. They are so loud and we have to cheer everybody on. It isn't fun at all. I'm so sorry you couldn't get out of going to the games. That sounds horrible! I can't get out of going to the pep rallies either. I would much rather do work, like you.

It's sad how you didn't do well with holding onto the bat, but at least you could joke about it with your teachers! My teacher joked with me about my driving skills when I couldn't drive the Go-Kart. Some of my teachers also joke with me about my toy Squid I carry around. It's nice because they aren't laughing at me, they are laughing with me. It's not the same as being made fun of.

Wow! I do go swimming sometimes, but not a lot. I can't believe you haven't really gone swimming before. My brother and I hate wearing bathing suits as well, so it is quite understandable why you didn't like to go swimming.

I don't know the rules of any sports either! The closest I come to watching sports is when I play this soccer video game. I don't understand mot of the rules in the game, but I am "okay" at it. I hate watching sports on TV too! Thank you- I hope I can find a way to get out of that field trip too. I have been on some pretty weird field trips before. We even went to the grocery store once! At least it wasn't as terrible as going to watch sports.

That's cool how you were able to wish your teacher a happy birthday! It's cool how you remember their birthdays. You have a great memory. My teacher is 47, and I am pretty sure his birthday is May 17.

I like learning about biology and health too! Those may be my favorite subjects after history.

I don't know who lives in my old houses either. We used to have a really cool swingset at my old home, and my initials were drawn in concrete next to it. There was a seesaw, really cool swings, and a slide. I really miss it. We drove to see if it was still there once, but we couldn't tell if it was. I hope they haven't torn it down. I will have to move in a few years when I move out of the house to get a job/go to college. I am not looking forward to that at all. I like living with my family and I love them a lot.

Even though I cannot join the yearbook club, I will probably still join my favorite teacher's club with my friend (the one I eat lunch with and played with at the pool). She has done it before, and I really hope it is fun!

I might be getting a new cousin soon, by the way! They know it is a boy, but he is having some problems and the doctors think he might have Down Syndrome. I will definitely love him, no matter what, but I hope he will be okay. He might even live with my family! :D

I really enjoy talking here too! Obsessive thoughts/depression is terrible, but hopefully I will be distracted from them/it when I go back to school. Asking people does help, especially when I can't tell if something is a joke or not. I will talk to you soon as well :D .

300series
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 4:25 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
It seems like the whole world can't live without their cell phones! It just distracts people from what is more important. I have never met anyone besides you who does anything productive on their cell phone, except maybe work. I have heard of Facebook and I don't need one. The closest thing I have to social media is this forum and I play on some Minecraft servers. I also have a YouTube account, but I don't comment, it's just so I can like Stampy's (my favorite YouTuber) videos. Some people are just cruel. They just can't stop gossiping and dramatizing everything. I don't get along with those types of people.

I never approach anyone either. I am lucky because I have friends who have taken the time to approach me. My friends I know in person are all very weird, so we get along well. Fire drills are terrible for me too. I also hate loud assemblies, and the lunchroom can also be hard sometimes as well. Some of my friends want to eat in the courtyard this year, and I don't want to move from our old spot (I don't like change), but it may be quieter out there. I ate lunch with my friend and her other friend last year. Sometimes kids that were badly behaved would come over to our table and we would be afraid of getting in trouble. They threw food and got up out of their seat when they weren't supposed to. Hopefully they won't bother us this year.

I was terrible at tennis, but I enjoyed it more than the other sports we played in gym. It was a nice, quiet sport, and I didn't have to feel bad for playing so horribly because I just played with my friend. I think I would like golf more than other sports as well. Almost everyone at my school plays sports and stays after school, but I don't. Those recreation places sound like my pep rallies. They are so loud and we have to cheer everybody on. It isn't fun at all. I'm so sorry you couldn't get out of going to the games. That sounds horrible! I can't get out of going to the pep rallies either. I would much rather do work, like you.

It's sad how you didn't do well with holding onto the bat, but at least you could joke about it with your teachers! My teacher joked with me about my driving skills when I couldn't drive the Go-Kart. Some of my teachers also joke with me about my toy Squid I carry around. It's nice because they aren't laughing at me, they are laughing with me. It's not the same as being made fun of.

Wow! I do go swimming sometimes, but not a lot. I can't believe you haven't really gone swimming before. My brother and I hate wearing bathing suits as well, so it is quite understandable why you didn't like to go swimming.

I don't know the rules of any sports either! The closest I come to watching sports is when I play this soccer video game. I don't understand mot of the rules in the game, but I am "okay" at it. I hate watching sports on TV too! Thank you- I hope I can find a way to get out of that field trip too. I have been on some pretty weird field trips before. We even went to the grocery store once! At least it wasn't as terrible as going to watch sports.

That's cool how you were able to wish your teacher a happy birthday! It's cool how you remember their birthdays. You have a great memory. My teacher is 47, and I am pretty sure his birthday is May 17.

I like learning about biology and health too! Those may be my favorite subjects after history.

I don't know who lives in my old houses either. We used to have a really cool swingset at my old home, and my initials were drawn in concrete next to it. There was a seesaw, really cool swings, and a slide. I really miss it. We drove to see if it was still there once, but we couldn't tell if it was. I hope they haven't torn it down. I will have to move in a few years when I move out of the house to get a job/go to college. I am not looking forward to that at all. I like living with my family and I love them a lot.

Even though I cannot join the yearbook club, I will probably still join my favorite teacher's club with my friend (the one I eat lunch with and played with at the pool). She has done it before, and I really hope it is fun!

I might be getting a new cousin soon, by the way! They know it is a boy, but he is having some problems and the doctors think he might have Down Syndrome. I will definitely love him, no matter what, but I hope he will be okay. He might even live with my family! :D

I really enjoy talking here too! Obsessive thoughts/depression is terrible, but hopefully I will be distracted from them/it when I go back to school. Asking people does help, especially when I can't tell if something is a joke or not. I will talk to you soon as well :D .

I am one of the few people who do just fine without a cell phone. They are very distracting, and peoples' manners have really diminished all because of cell phones. Cell phones seem to be addictive toys that have brainwashed society. No one ever uses them for anything important or productive. Most of the time, I just make my telephone calls on my house telephone. Face Book is nothing important either. The only reason why I signed up was to follow a car club that I used to be a member of. I quit going to the car club, and I would really like to just shut down my Face Book completely. Wrong Planet is the closest thing to the only social media service I use. I have never played Minecraft before. What is it like? I used to have a You Tube account a long time ago, but I only used it to watch videos & subscribe to some other users whose videos I liked. Most of those people I used to watch are no-longer active on You Tube any more, so I do not use it much any more. I have never commented on any You Tube videos before, and I have never posted a video either. Who is Stampy? I do not watch many You Tube videos, so I am unfamiliar with Stampy. I wish people were not so cruel. I do not get along with people who gossip & dramatise either.

I am too shy & afraid to ever approach any one. Some people have approached me in the past, but we did not really become good friends. I like really weird people too, not boring people. I think I would get along with weird people too. I also like people who are different than most other people. I hated fire drills, and the schools I attended also made students do "earthquake drills" too, where you had to get under your desk as quickly as possible. I forgot to mention assemblies; my school had them too, and there was always a lot of yelling, clapping, and cheering, so I hated them too. I hated the lunch room too; it was always loud, and I did not like the smell of other students' lunches. I also hated eating in front of other people, and I still have that same problem. I am sorry that you & your friend were bothered by the badly behaved kids. Hopefully this school year will be better for you.

I am sorry you had to play tennis & that you were terrible at it, but it is good that you just played it with your friend. My school was the same way with almost every one playing sports & staying after school, except for me; I never did either. I hated pep rallies too! Not only were they too loud for me, but I have a very soft voice, so yelling & speaking loudly is very hard for me. We had to cheer every one on too, but I did not care at all what team won or lost, so they were no fun at all either. It was not going to affect me if my school's team won or lost! I hated going to the games & pep rallies, and I am sorry that you can not get out of them. For me, academia was preferable to athletics; even doing homework was more fun for me!

Joking around with my teachers about the ball bat was fun, but trying to play the game was not fun! That's great that you can joke around with your teachers about when you drove the Go Kart & your toy Squid. They are just laughing with you instead of laughing at you & making fun of you. My teachers were the same way with me & the ball bat.

I have gone swimming before, but not for a really long time. I have always been afraid of drowning & getting sunburned, but wearing bathing suits & being barefoot has always been my biggest source of discomfort. I am just self-conscious & get embarrassed easily; I do not like people seeing my body, so I always used to wear a T-shirt whenever I went swimming. I also stepped on sharp objects & got cuts on the bottom of my feet a few times, which really hurt me. I understand why you & your brother hate wearing bathing suits & going swimming.

Sports & their rules have always been difficult for me to understand. The closest I have ever come to watching sports is when I was a teenager, my family had a table tennis set & an electronic air hockey set. I was not very good at them either, but I was also "okay" with them. Watching sports on TV is no fun at all! You are welcome; that field trip sounds like a nightmare! I also took some weird field trips in school too. We went to places like the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, Sea World, Balboa Park, hiking, parks, and museums, and the San Diego Symphony one time. I also went to the grocery store, which was a lot better than going to watch sports.

My memory has always been great. Students & teachers were always impressed by my ability to remember my birthday. They would ask me if I still remembered their birthdays!

Biology & health were fun classes for me too! History was also fun too. I did not really like math very much, and I hated physical education!

I have moved a lot of times, but I have always lived in the same geographic area. The first house I ever lived in had a swing set too, which was installed by my Dad & uncle together. It had swings, bars, and a slide. I still miss it too. I used to play on it when I was a little kid, and I do not know if it is still there any more. I am sorry you will have to move in a few years, but I hope it will not be too bad. I liked living with my family too, but my Dad is the only one still around today. Today I live alone in my own condominium, and I like it.

I am sorry you can not join the year book club, but I hope you like your favourite teacher's club with your friend. I liked the year book club when I went to school.

That is exciting about your new cousin! I am sorry he is having problems, but I hope he turns out to be healthy! That sounds fun having him live with your family!

I like to talk to on here as well! I have also had terrible depression & obsessive thoughts too, so I understand what you are going thru. It helps to ask people for help, even when it is hard to do it. Have fun in school, and I hope it is not too hard.

I am just about to get ready to go to work at the library, so I will talk to you again soon.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 2:23 pm

I agree about cell phones. I don't own one, and to be honest I don't need one either. The only reason I would want one is to maybe check this website. I don't even like talking on the phone! All of my friends have cell phones, but I don't need one. Wrongplanet is also the closest thing to social media I own as well. Minecraft is a cool video game. It's almost like a virtual Lego, and you can build whatever you want. You can play in Survival Mode or Creative Mode, and each is pretty fun in my opinion. In survival mode, you have to gather resources, while in creative, you have all the blocks in the game available to build whatever you want. We both have/had a YouTube account for the same reason! I only watch Stampy Cat, and I also like some of his videos. I have never posted a video either. Stampy is a YouTuber who makes a living off playing Minecraft. I wish people were not so cruel too. I have been lucky to find people to be friends with that don't judge others. Unfortunately, a lot of people my age are pretty mean and like to gossip. I really dislike gossip as well.

Weird people are the only people I have ever made friends with in person. Just about all of my friends have autism or OCD, like me. It is easier to get along with them because I can relate to them easier. We have "severe weather" drills, but instead of getting underneath our desks we just hold our hands on our head. We also have "intruder drills", where we turn out the lights, lock the door, and hide in the corner all squished together for 10 minutes. Those are kind of weird,but it is nice to experience a few minutes of silence (we aren't allowed to talk). Thank you! I hope those kids go away too. I hate assemblies and the lunchroom too.

I have a very soft voice as well, and I don't talk a lot, so Ideally don't care for pep rallies. They are very loud as well. Tennis was okay, because it was better than the other sports. Nobody at my school even watches the sports game, which is kind of funny. The teachers always tell us to sit down and pay attention, but most people don't listen. I don't care who wins or loses either! I would much rather do homework than attend a pep rally too.

It is good to joke sometimes and make a not so funny situation seem better than it is, at least in my experience. My teacher always makes jokes about me shoving him in a closet and pushing him down the stairs, because I am so quiet and I would never hurt anybody. My friends also join in saying, " Yeah, (my name), why did you push him down the stairs?" We all laugh about it because I would never do anything like that, ever. It is good to laugh with my teacher, instead him laughing at me. It is pretty funny!

I am pretty self-conscious as well, and I always have been. I couldn't even go in a public restroom until I was about 8 years old because I hated going to the bathroom somewhere else than my home. I also hate swimsuits! They are terrible. My brother wears a T-Shirt as well when he goes swimming. I steeped on some sharp objects when I was in the ocean at the beach, and it really hurt so I get what you mean.

We played table tennis at school once, and I wasn't good at it, but it was better than gym class and other sports. Watching sports is so boring! I don't understand why people like to do that. We go on some pretty weird field trips as well. A lot of the time our field trips aren't even educational, but that are still fun sometimes.

That's awesome! I am okay at remembering birthdays, but I have an even better memory for remembering certain facts on things I am interested in. Last year I knew every contestant on AGT, their act, their age, and where they lived! People were pretty amazed by that. You have a really great memory!

I have never been good at math. I have always been better at history, writing, and science. My worst classes are math and physical education!

I'm sorry you had to leave your swing set too. I have a new swing set at my current home, but it isn't as fun. Thank you! I hope moving will be easy for me, and I hope I will adjust to my new house/dorm room at college. I would like to live on my own one day, and maybe even have a pet or an adopted child!

Thank you! I think my aunt wants to keep him, which is great. I still wish I could have another little brother, though. His due date is sometime in January :D .

Thanks! I have OCD, which is what is causing all this depressive thinking. I am really good at worrying, I guess! I am currently seeing a psychologist for it, but I'm not sure if it's helping. Thanks! I hope school is fun as well and I can see my teachers again.

Bye! I think this is late, but right now I am also about to go to my psychologist appointment, so I may not post here for a while as well. I will talk to you later. :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 12:46 pm

Hi! I am going back to school in three days :D . I am excited to see all of my teachers and my friend I eat lunch with. I haven't been posting here a lot, but I will still check this forum throughout the school year because I really enjoy talking to you! I will hopefully talk to you soon and throughout this year.