I like being touched, but not alot 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
I enjoy physical contact 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
I can never get enough affection! 7%  7%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 169

Whirr
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2015, 11:28 pm

yeah, I don't mind a hug, but I think it's been 2 or 3 years. (please don't post hugging smilies )

kimmyxoxo
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2015, 7:02 am

Depends on the person about to touch me. I won't like it if I get a strong or eerie sense from the person, but, typically if it's someone I like, it's alright. It's selective, which I feel is kinda normal

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 1:06 pm

I'm super jumpy, I despise being touched unless I really, really know the person in question. I had a lot of physical abuse when I was younger so I think that's most of it.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2015, 6:40 pm

I guess it depends. I absolutely love massages or getting my head or back scratched too but if you touch lightly touch me and I'm not expecting it I'll jump through the ceiling.

Ben_Is_My_Only_God
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2015, 9:34 am

I can tolerate touching when there is a good reason for it, such as by a doctor or a dentist, but otherwise I absolutely loath it, especially when it's supposedly "affectionate."

345 is a nice number on which to end.

Bimog And The Search For Pangea

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Sep 2015, 11:20 pm

I only like it with my current girlfriend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2015, 6:30 am

I don't like being touched and when my family members touch me I normally cringe and paralyze. The only thing I allow them to do is tapping on my shoulder or other stuff like this but sudden touched I didn't "sign up for" downright scare me.
But in public I have to endure it. The only person who is allowed to hug me is my best friend.

Taraneh
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Dec 2015, 4:05 am

I only like to be touvhed by people i like and who ask me
I dont like to be touvhed on the Head in my hair going to hairdresser is a nightmare
If someone touches from the back i might punch Them in the Face unintentionally of course

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

10 Dec 2015, 7:46 am

It all depends on the situation. A friendly pat on the back is great. A hug from someone I like is wonderful. Otherwise, it is bothersome. Shaking hands or the cheek to cheek is a pain. The Japanese bow is much nicer. Another social rule that confuses me to death.

Being intimate is difficult without touch.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 7:58 am

Oftentimes I have an impulse to pull back (it's like two magnets repelling each other :lol: / :cry: ), which I can sometimes inhibit by investing some mental resources.
Paradoxically, in most cases I actually really like it though. It's just that I get confused by an ambiguous sensation that accompanies the feel-good rush.

Touch that's been allowed (especially the light, gentle kind) can freeze me up.
Then I'll have troube moving physically and end up in a static body position.
Mentally, I get a blank mind and semi-space out because it's hard to focus on two things at once. I can hardly ignore the touch, so my other cognitive functions will be impaired.
But that doesn't always happen.

Surprise touching can feel like a perceived threat (e.g. by unexpectedly being put out of focus), even more so if I didn't even know another person was in the room.

And if on the bus I accidentally touch someone's leg with mine, I will flinch at least 9 ouf of 10 times.

I get nervous when I'm leaving a big group of people at a get-together with some other people and they start hugging each other.

If a conversation partner touches me for prolonged periods of time that's very nice, but it's possible that I will lose track of what they were talking about.

I think some of that is a normal reaction to not being used to being touched often and difficulty with staying relaxed in the event that it does happen.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 8:09 am

Only by my signifigant other was what I answered

I had a crush on a girl my freshman year of college, didn't work out to my relief now I guess, she ended up picking one of my two current friends over me who was also friends with her at time, but anyways there was a night we were hanging out and I guess she felt comfortable enough to lean on my arm while we were sitting next to each other. I hate to sound possibly stupid and immature, but that was one of the greatest feelings of my life. It just felt really right probably because there was also some crazy amount of usually repressed chemical rushes going on in my body at that moment as well.

I don't usually go crazy when anyone else touches me, but it's generally not appreciated.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 12:47 am

i don't understand why my family gets offended when i don't give them kisses every time i meet with them.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 3:03 am

I was taught that's just what is done, implying the absolutely last thing that matters is whether you like it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 1:59 pm

If it's with a significant other, or someone I am interested in having a relationship with, then it's fantastically intoxicating! With family members and close friends I don't like it, but I try to put up with the momentary discomfort. And for everyone else, :eew: do not touch me, it makes my skin crawl (I jump/pull away, and probably glare at them).

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2016, 7:44 pm

"Only by my SO". That's in general, but I also like hugs from very close friends.
Even in these situations, touch feels like receiving an electric shock, and I can shake or freeze. Which makes it a masochistic experience as I crave it in a romantic or very affectionate friendly context. How weird when instincts ask to contradict sensory input.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2016, 10:23 pm

Pleasant touch is better than unpleasant touch.